Alex Smith to Washington.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Great move by the Redskins. Cousins had played them like a violin for two years and got paid a King's ransom. He wasn't going to sign unless he was the highest paid QB in football.
    Cousins will probably go to Denver, The Jets or Arizona. Whoever has cap room. Knowing Elway...they will make a huge play for him.

Smith is only 33. That's a good QB.
    He's going to be 34 in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Aus Giant View Post

Do you think there's a possibility that Cousins goes to Cleveland and they end up drafting Barkley and Chubb? Would throw every mock draft out the window.

Please let this be a possibility!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

He's going to be 34 in May.

So he'll be 38 in the last year of his contract? Way to go, Danny boy!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
          Dan Snyder has lost his mind.
          +1
          sigpic

Comment

That extension is absurd.

Redskins gon' Redskin lol

Comment

I'm not sure how much those celebrating saw of KC this year but Smith was pretty fantastic for most of the year, other than the few weeks in the middle including the Giants game. He might go back into his shell now, maybe, but his regular season record the last four years is better than anyone other than Brady.

For Cousins, this was inevitable the minute the Redskins put the tag on him two years ago. It brought free agency into play down the line and was why he had zero interest in an extension last year. He's going to smash Stafford's contract out of the water.

Comment

No Hunt, no Hill, no Kelce. I think Smith will struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                  They also gave up Kendall Fuller. Breeland is also a free agent. Not a good trade for washington.
                  WOW

Redskins: Alex Smith at 34 years old (34: $22m, 35-38: $94m ($71m G))
                  Chiefs: 3rd rounder and Kendall Fuller at 22 years old coming off a very good season.

I really wish the Cowboys or Eagles were this dumb

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

WOW

Redskins: Alex Smith at 34 years old (34: $22m, 35-38: $94m ($71m G))
                    Chiefs: 3rd rounder and Kendall Fuller at 22 years old coming off a very good season.

I really wish the Cowboys or Eagles were this dumb
                    Yeah and not much supporting cast for him in Wash. KCs skill positions are amazing - if Smith had an arm Tyreek Hill would have scored like 30 touchdowns this year, he gets behind the defence practically every play. Throw in Hunt and Kelce and they have very potent weapons.

Jordan Reed is a nice player for him to throw to but he only plays in a couple games per year it seems. Who will his WR be? Pryor and Doctson? Lol.

These are the Redskins I remember.

Comment

Do you think there's a possibility that Cousins goes to Cleveland and they end up drafting Barkley and Chubb? Would throw every mock draft out the window.
                      That would be great, because it would give us our choice of QBs.

However, I think that there is a huge chance that Cleveland would trade out of the top spot if they sign Cousins

Comment

I strongly doubt he would go there. There are a few teams, especially Denver that are perfect for him. Good WR's and great defense. He COULD even go to Jax.
                        I doubt he wants to go to a 0-16 team. I expect the Browns to draft either Rosen or Mayfield.
                        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Can't blame the Skins for trading for Smith and letting Cousins walk since Smith is a better QB. They clearly didn't have enough confidence in Cousins to sign him long-term, but the money they're going to pay Smith is a little crazy.
                          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I strongly doubt he would go there. There are a few teams, especially Denver that are perfect for him. Good WR's and great defense. He COULD even go to Jax.
                            I doubt he wants to go to a 0-16 team. I expect the Browns to draft either Rosen or Mayfield.
                            Bortles just had wrist surgery, if hes injured by the start of the new year then it guarantees his 5th year. I doubt they pay bortles 15 and 25 mil for cousins.

Btw, cousins has a terrible record against .500 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Yeah and not much supporting cast for him in Wash. KCs skill positions are amazing - if Smith had an arm Tyreek Hill would have scored like 30 touchdowns this year, he gets behind the defence practically every play. Throw in Hunt and Kelce and they have very potent weapons.

Jordan Reed is a nice player for him to throw to but he only plays in a couple games per year it seems. Who will his WR be? Pryor and Doctson? Lol.

These are the Redskins I remember.
                              Yep one less team to worry about in a our division. BtW looks like Snyder is back to his meddling ways which is a good thing.

Comment

More proof that you don't let a first round QB pick sit for more than a season......

I hope the homers take this all in. KC also freed up 17 million in cap space.
                                Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                                X