I used to enjoy Superbowl parties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to enjoy Superbowl parties

I don't know if it's just a group of friends that I have, but if there's 25 people there only 6 of them actually are interested in the game. Everybody else is laughing talking eating walking around in front of the TV not really trying to pay attention to the game and hand and honestly with this year's teams , both of them being who they were. I'm just sitting at home ,the wife called in some hot wings I made some french fries and I'm just going to sit on the couch and enjoy it alone
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

test

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
      I don't know if it's just a group of friends that I have, but if there's 25 people there only 6 of them actually are interested in the game. Everybody else is laughing talking eating walking around in front of the TV not really trying to pay attention to the game and hand and honestly with this year's teams , both of them being who they were. I'm just sitting at home ,the wife called in some hot wings I made some french fries and I'm just going to sit on the couch and enjoy it alone
      I agree. I'm wanting to see the game not listen to a bunch of gossip & jokes

It's even more so during Giant's Games. My wife will invite so called giants fans over to watch the game yet they do everything but watch it. Talking loud and just being a big distraction. I like to watch the games without all the drama and need to be able to sit my spot and do my rituals lol
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
        We live in a society that has created an atmosphere that no one wants to be "left behind" socially. Everything is instantly posted and commented about on social media. So when companies use the Super Bowl to release movie trailers and release new commercials to advertise their products, people want to make sure they see it when it is first released so they do not miss out on the instant social media coverage.

The Super Bowl is less about the game and more about what social media has to offer during it.

i also tend to only watch the Super Bowl with ones who really love football so I can avoid the "social media" viewers. I know how you feel

Comment

If socializers interfere with the watching of the game (unless it's at blow out status), you're at the wrong party.

Comment

Working...
          X