Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by futurewebb View Post

I will love the excuses next season....
    While there will always be excuses, none of us should love hearing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Pugh and Flowers are critical to the teams success...why can't people see that?

They should resign Pugh and make him the highest paid linemen in the league if they have to. Franchise tag him - twice if we have to!
      Exercise Flowers 5th year option and we can keep the band together for at least 2 years!
      Name a better option out there right now than Pugh

Comment

• Originally posted by futurewebb View Post

Take away the strip sacks Eli and Geno caused.... They are a top ten pass blocking oline! No more excuses Danny Boy.
        That's the most ludicrous statement. They rank there only because the coaches and Eli know they stink, so all our plays require Eli get ridof it in 2 seconds, or get crushed. The sacks are low for that reason and you ignore everyone who points that out. It limits long pass attempts over 20 yds, and forces him to release before being able to go completely through his progressions... but, you don't understand that aspect of the game... it limits our pass attack horribly. If we had really good blockers Eli could complete his progressions/see all the receivers and make better choices, and increase his Y/A.

Comment

• Giant's o-line in the 80s were not all that great.
          I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
            Giant's o-line in the 80s were not all that great.
            They were one of our best ever in '86... the Suburbanites... and remained good into the early 90's.

Comment

• Eli is the Giants starting QB next year. How do you like that fact?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

They were one of our best ever in '86... the Suburbanites... and remained good into the early 90's.
                Then Phil Simms was a bum and Joe Morris was a one year wonder. Giants O-line was not bad like many of you think.
                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

• One of the more misleading stats in football............and there is a laundry list of mis-leading stats with a legion of people willing to use them to make their point.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Pugh and Flowers are critical to the teams success...why can't people see that?

They should resign Pugh and make him the highest paid linemen in the league if they have to. Franchise tag him - twice if we have to!
                    Exercise Flowers 5th year option and we can keep the band together for at least 2 years!

If I had a towel - or the desire - to throw it in, I'd do it now.

Comment

• This is a BS grade.... Eli was under duress the whole season. His sack numbers would have been much higher if not for all of those 3 yard passing routes. Benny Mac's system sucked, just as much as the O-Line.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        One of the more misleading stats in football............and there is a laundry list of mis-leading stats with a legion of people willing to use them to make their point.
                        lies, big lies and statistics, right...

Comment

• Based on the comments above, I have a question -

When Reese used to say "you can never have enough quality [DL]" do you agree with this? If you do, then how come "you can never have enough good OL" does NOT apply here???

Comment

• post-8032-0-83303800-1462517582.jpg

Attached Files
                            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

lies, big lies and statistics, right...
                              Yes and this particular stat is so flawed that you can't get anywhere near trying to draw a conclusion regardless of how you feel about the QB. There are so many things that go into that stat to make it worthless.

Here is how worthless it is. You could argue that because our pass protect stat is #11, our QB must be doing an incredible job of avoiding the rush. You see, the stat is meaningless.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Yup, our O-Line is fine, 11th best out of 32. There you go.

Ignore the fact that Gettelman himself said the Line was Broken. He's wrong, according to this, we are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X