No announcement yet.

Admin test firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the coach thinks it's Eli's fault he won't start, if he thinks it's scheme and oline Eli will start. I guess we will find the true answer next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
      Yup, our O-Line is fine, 11th best out of 32. There you go.

Ignore the fact that Gettelman himself said the Line was Broken. He's wrong, according to this, we are fine.
      There are many in this world, not just around football, who have no interest in discussion anything or actually analyzing anything below the surface (or just to trust their own eyes for that matter). Those people spend their whole lives looking for statistics which they believe will prove their preconceived notion of something. That is what we have going on here.

WE ARE NOT the 11th best pass protection team.
      We had the 11th fewest sacks. The two have very little connection.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Be careful with stats! Notice how they are ranking teams based on sack numbers. This is a VERY bad mechanism to use since the Giants offense is tailored to get the ball out of Eli's hands faster than just about every QB in the NFL. It was made so that Eli won't get that much pressure. It doesn't mean that the line is pass blocking exceptionally well. It is a solution to a bad offensive line. Therefore the sack numbers they are displaying might be factual but they are incredibly deceptive.

Did you watch the Eagles vs Patriots Super Bowl? Did you see how much time Foles was getting in the pocket. He was sitting in there while his players ran 30+ yard routes. That's something that Eli has not had the luxury of doing the past few years.

Our offensive line improved throughout the year, but it is by no means a good offensive line. Top 11 is laughable. The stats might say this but reality is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

There are many in this world, not just around football, who have no interest in discussion anything or actually analyzing anything below the surface (or just to trust their own eyes for that matter). Those people spend their whole lives looking for statistics which they believe will prove their preconceived notion of something. That is what we have going on here.

Yup

Yup

and Yup

Totally Agreed Jomo

Comment

• when your blindside is protected like this, it doesnt matter if the OP, Harooni, the football outsiders or insiders think we have a good offensive line; or if you had Brady back there instead of Eli. The result would be the same. This is all just par for the course with SOME (FEW) of you Giants fans. Sometimes it is embarrassing....

Comment

• in anticipation of the shallow responses I am expecting to my above post... it doesn't matter if sometimes your LT does his job, BARELY.... when you get beat like that regularly, you cannot get into any type of rhythm so save your stats.

Comment

• Be careful...I got sent to the message board principal's office for calling someone one of these!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Be careful...I got sent to the message board principal's office for calling someone one of these!
                  I did not call anyone anything
                  "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Exactly. I don't care what statistical criteria anyone wants to use to try to evaluate this O-line, the bottom line is if you watched all 16 Giants games this year, it shouldn't be hard to recognize they are one of the worst OL groups in the league.

Not even going to start about how flawed of a measure it is to evaluate a teams ability to pass block based solely on amount of sacks given up

Comment

• Maybe you watched the super bowl. That game with 1 sack. and 1000 yards of offense.... I wonder how close the giants are to those lines.
                      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dream88 View Post

Exactly. I don't care what statistical criteria anyone wants to use to try to evaluate this O-line, the bottom line is if you watched all 16 Giants games this year, it shouldn't be hard to recognize they are one of the worst OL groups in the league.

Not even going to start about how flawed of a measure it is to evaluate a teams ability to pass block based solely on amount of sacks given up
                        I can't figure out why so many people don't trust their own eyes or instincts.
                        They would rather trust some statistic which totally misses their point rather than believe their own eyes.
                        Maybe am I searching too deeply when in fact IT IS their intent to mislead with "facts."
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Here come all the comments about false data by a sucky website to disprove it.

This season, was actually surprised on the OL in pass pro. The problem was run blocking. Yes, Flowers and Hart arent good. I know.
                          Flowers and Hart are better run blockers than pass blockers.

Comment

I can't figure out why so many people don't trust their own eyes or instincts.
                            They would rather trust some statistic which totally misses their point rather than believe their own eyes.
                            Maybe am I searching too deeply when in fact IT IS their intent to mislead with "facts."
                            Mislead with facts?
                            They must be working for our network, cable or newspaper media news sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                              when your blindside is protected like this, it doesnt matter if the OP, Harooni, the football outsiders or insiders think we have a good offensive line; or if you had Brady back there instead of Eli. The result would be the same. This is all just par for the course with SOME (FEW) of you Giants fans. Sometimes it is embarrassing....
                              i've never seen orlando brown do that. not once.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Flowers and Hart are better run blockers than pass blockers.
                                They aren't good run blockers either.

Flowers was supposed to be a mauler, a guy who played with a mean streak in the run game and finished people off. Ha! Go back and watch him play in the run game if you have All-22 access. He misses more blocks than anyone on the OL. Rarely gets to the next level. A Reese travesty selecting this guy top 10. I'm really happy Reese is no longer GM.

Comment

Working...
                                X