Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelce

https://youtu.be/DhIFNxEz1qc

I am sure some have seen it... Speach was epic man giants could use some of that for sure...If hogan and macho man had a baby it be him..

The guy is tremendous, strength and athleticism make me jealous. So I went to look where he was taken in the first round to see if we might have had a chance at him that year.

What I find is that he is a sixth round pick from 2011. And my head explodes!

Of course it is an oddity but when we use two picks to acquire a guy like Nassib at a time when our OL was such a mess and our QB hadn't missed a game in forever.......and many here said "who are we going to find on the OL in mid to late rounds that could really help us?"........THIS is why I was ranting.
    Last edited by jomo; 02-09-2018, 10:30 AM.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      The guy is tremendous, strength and athleticism make me jealous. So I went to look where he was taken in the first round to see if we might have had a chance at him that year.

Of course it is an oddity but when we use two picks to acquire a guy like Nassib at a time when our OL was such a mess and our QB hadn't missed a game in forever.......and many here said "who are we going to find on the OL in mid to late rounds that could really help us?"........THIS is why I was ranting.
      it looks like we need to stop looking too deep into our past or we might find more of Jerry Reese's soiled underwear, stuff like this happened too many times for it to be just an over sight on Reese's part, as for the Nassib fiasco I will never understand any of that..

Comment

Reese never found a player after round two
        Just more examples of what a dope we had running the war room for a decade

Comment

Everyone here would have complained that we drafted a 6'3" 285LB center.

Comment

Kelce in the sixth round is better than Reese's 1st round pick ( Amukamara ) that year lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
              Kelce in the sixth round is better than Reese's 1st round pick ( Amukamara ) that year lmfao
              Easy to say now. Did you say at the time...how did we pass on Jason Kelce?

Comment

And that can be done for year after year
                I think Reese 2nd round pick that year was Marvin Austin another stud for this franchise all the guys he picked after round two that year are putting up drywall in my attic right now

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I've said things like that during live drafts before and found late gems myself that have panned out as have many other posters on here
                  If you wanna be a Reese apologist that's your business
                  I myself didn't really enjoy being a bottom feeder of a team the last 5-6 years and a big reason for this teams struggles occurred long before the season ever started at the end of April lol

Comment

Everyone here would have complained that we drafted a 6'3" 285LB center.
                    .....probably right but our GM shouldn't be considering what any of us may think or say.

Comment

I thought Kelse was going to Tag-In the Macho Man or Rowdy Roddy Piper, he was fired up!

Comment

That is fair and I never Monday morning quarterback because I am not enough of a nerd to prepare that deeply for the draft.
                        However, speaking for myself I did criticize the 2 picks used to get Nassib at a time when our OL was (and remains) in such disarray.
                        The response then was typically, "OK, who would you have chosen?" Which is as lame as Monday morning quarterbacking.
                        Clearly there are always people available in the mid to late rounds who can play. The Eagles found one of them....

Comment

That is fair and I never Monday morning quarterback because I am not enough of a nerd to prepare that deeply for the draft.
                          However, speaking for myself I did criticize the 2 picks used to get Nassib at a time when our OL was (and remains) in such disarray.
                          The response then was typically, "OK, who would you have chosen?" Which is as lame as Monday morning quarterbacking.
                          Clearly there are always people available in the mid to late rounds who can play. The Eagles found one of them....
                          Every other GM seems to find the odd late round gem except the buffoon Jerry Reese lol
                          Well there was Ahmad Bradshaw and Cruz as the FA I'll give the man that

Comment

JUST LIKE MOST HEISMAN RECIPIENTS ARE A WASH. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW A PLAYER IS GOING TO PAN OUT AMUKAMURA WAS TERRIBLE AS A 1#

Comment

.....probably right but our GM shouldn't be considering what any of us may think or say.
                              And he didnt. Its why he picked guys like Adrian Robinson and Ramses Barden. He just struck out on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X