Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy Maclin was carted off the practice field with a potentially serious right leg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Maclin was carted off the practice field with a potentially serious right leg

Jeremy Maclin was carted off the practice field with a potentially serious right leg injury Saturday.

Maclin was "writhing in pain" on the field, trainers were looking at his "lower right leg or ankle," and both coach Chip Kelly and GM Howie Roseman ran over to survey the scene. The fifth-year receiver was unable to put any weight on his leg, and he was shuttled off on a cart with a towel draped over his face. None of this information paints a pretty picture. Stay tuned for an update.

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter.

EDIT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-acl/related/ - RF
    Poor guy, during a contract year....

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-27-2013, 09:24 PM.

Terrible. He had recently said that he wanted to take a "Flacco risk." I mean, he didn't really have a choice, because he isn't a big contract prospect right now, but this could obliterate any chance of a big deal in the next couple years.

I've always been a Maclin fan. I hope it's nothing serious, but I highly doubt that's the case.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Tough news. Eagle or no Eagle you don't wish that on anybody. Hope he has a good recovery.

Comment

Read acl tear on facbook not sure from whaT info

Comment

and this is why Cruz didnt take his tender into the season.....

get well soon Kid....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

hopefully it is nothing too serious, I don't like the Eagles but I would never wish injury on their players
            Last edited by Sicko; 07-27-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Yea. The eagles beat guys are saying it's believed to be an acl.

Comment

Stinks cause that would pretty much end his year.. Would rather we play them at full strenth. Hopefully it's just a bad bruise or sprainAnd he gets back for regular season games
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

You guys are right, although NYGs has been through their fair share of injuries past few seasons I would not wish this to be a bad injury even if it is the eagles
                  Last edited by miked1958; 07-27-2013, 05:17 PM.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

There's a write up and video on it

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-a-knee-injury
                    Last edited by miked1958; 07-27-2013, 05:16 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by Giants 44 View Post
                      Jeremy Maclin was carted off the practice field with a potentially serious right leg injury Saturday.

Maclin was "writhing in pain" on the field, trainers were looking at his "lower right leg or ankle," and both coach Chip Kelly and GM Howie Roseman ran over to survey the scene. The fifth-year receiver was unable to put any weight on his leg, and he was shuttled off on a cart with a towel draped over his face. None of this information paints a pretty picture. Stay tuned for an update.

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter.

Poor guy, during a contract year....

I feel bad for Maclin, tough break for him and the Eggholes . Bad enough to be injured this time of year and being a contract year makes it worse. Poor kid.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

While I am probably the most anti-Eagle person on these boards, it's still mostly aimed at their fanbase. No player actually deserves that...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Updating a previous item, Jeremy Maclin tore his right ACL in Saturday's training camp practice and will miss the entire 2013 season.
                          It's a crushing blow. Entering a contract year, Maclin was genuinely excited about his new role in coach Chip Kelly's offense. The Eagles lack a quality backup; Riley Cooper will likely be thrust into the lineup. Kelly's offense was always going to be extremely run heavy, but DeSean Jackson should now emerge as the clear-cut focus of Kelly's passing attack. The Eagles may also take a gander at free agents Brandon Lloyd and Laurent Robinson.
                          Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
                          out for the year

Comment

In his contract year too, tough break

Comment

tough break. wish him the best in his recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X