No announcement yet.

Khaseem Greene Update Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago coach happy with the play of his rookie linebackers....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2798262.story

For the first time this season, the Chicago Bears have limited their opponent to 21 or fewer points in consecutive games. Surprisingly, that has coincided with leading tackler Lance Briggs' absence due to a fractured left shoulder.

Rookie weak-side linebacker Khaseem Greene played 15 of 62 defensive snaps in Sunday's 21-19 loss to the Lions. Rookie middle linebacker Jon Bostic, starting for the third game in place of injured first-stringer D.J. Williams (left pectoral), played all 62.

"From the sideline, I thought (Bostic) was physical," coach Marc Tretsman said. "I thought he was good on his run fits. He moved around. I think he’s getting better, and I think that Khaseem played well. Did he play great? No, but most of the time he’s in the right spot."

The NFL credited Bostic with three solo tackles and three assists. Greene had one tackle.

"This is a great opportunity for them," Trestman said. "I don’t think they’re hurting us at all. I think they’re getting better each and every day. I’m excited about those two young guys."

In other news, Coach Coughlin indicated that Ryan Nassib was "looked outstanding holding the clipboard".
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

So J Will, Beason, and Paysinger have all been better this year than Greene.

Yet I am sure we have all seen Eli absolutely tear up the league this year, so no reason at all to ever bring in another QB

Comment

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/art...7-961cd2a74bc3
        The Bears on Monday waived linebacker Khaseem Greene ...

Khaseem Greene played in 25 games in two seasons with the Bears. Greene was selected by the Bears in the fourth round of the 2013 draft out of Rutgers. He appeared in 25 games with six starts in two seasons, recording 60.5 tackles, one interception and one forced fumble.
        Like sands through the hourglass...

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
          like Shakes from Maryland says, "Are we allergic to Linebackers?"
          LMAO !!!!! Its seems like we are !!!!
          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

great thread

Comment

Bucs just landed a gift in getting my boy Greene off waivers.

Lovie knows his defense!
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

Lovie knows his defense!
                and what happens when he doesnt make the final roster there? What is the next excuse going to be? By all means, keep hanging on, its amusing the reaches you will make to avoid admitting how wrong you were

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  and what happens when he doesnt make the final roster there? What is the next excuse going to be? By all means, keep
                  hanging on, its amusing the reaches you will make to avoid admitting how wrong you were

The truly amusing part is how you and the other Greene haters jumped at the chance to gloat.....and then as soon as the waiver wire opened, the team with the highest priority jumped at the chance to sign him.

LOL.

Comment

The truly amusing part is how you and the other Greene haters jumped at the chance to gloat.....and then as soon as the waiver wire opened, the team with the highest priority jumped at the chance to sign him.

LOL.
                    Sir, Ive been saying since the draft he wasent very good.

You on the other hand have been saying hes a stud since then.

I'll bet money Greene flames out and is out of the league in five years.

Just like Casey Matthews and jamar Chaney. Both late round talents that this forum was dying to draft early.
                    Sounds good.....we've both been on these boards for a while.

I look forward to your 2018 Khaseem Greene avatar.....I'll be rocking the 2018 Nassib avatar if he is starting for the Giants or any other team for that matter.

Deal?

Comment

Sir, Ive been saying since the draft he wasent very good.

You on the other hand have been saying hes a stud since then.
                      A new chapter awaits with the Bucs.

Comment

A new chapter awaits with the Bucs.
                        Keep the hope alive

Comment

Brucie>greene
                          sigpic

Comment

Didn't find Greene impressive at all. Still don't.

He will alwys be a backup, IMO.

Also did not find Ogletree (can't shed at all) or Werner (not a natural pass rusher) impressive either
                            I do not know why people waste time creating threads about players the giants could have drafted. The bottom line is we drafted and signed who we signed. Lets leave it at that.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Are we really digging up old threads of failed prospects to trash people?
                              We can go all day long if that's the case, lol

Comment

Lovie knows his defense!
                                I admire your loyalty, but time to give it up dude. The guys stinks

Comment

Working...
                                X