Thx Seahawks-making Eagles stronger by trading them DE M.Bennett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thx Seahawks-making Eagles stronger by trading them DE M.Bennett

Seahawks trading DE Michael Bennett & 7th Rounder for a 5th Rounder & WR Marcus Johnson. Peanuts for an all-pro DE. So Philly has DEs Curry, Graham, & Derek Bennett already with Michael Bennett being added.

Thanks. Bennett would have been a nice addition to our DEs.
    The Seahawks have been said to be shopping defensive end Michael Bennett over the last week or two. Apparently, they have found a suitor in the Eagles. According to a report by ESPN NFL Insider Josina Anderson, Philadelphia is set to acquire Bennett via trade.

Gettleman, where art thou?

We could have easily used Bennett for depth. JPP and Vernon played in over 90% of snaps last year.
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Gettleman, where art thou?

We could have easily used Bennett for depth. JPP and Vernon played in over 90% of snaps last year.
      The Giants don't have $9M to add another DE when they have to rebuild the OL. Also, the reason he was traded was because Seattle wanted him out of the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post

The Giants don't have $9M to add another DE when they have to rebuild the OL. Also, the reason he was traded was because Seattle wanted him out of the locker room.
        Ah, didnt know he was making that much.
        http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

The Eagles are like $16 mil over the cap. Always seems like Philly and Dallas pull Salary Cap voodoo while we are perpetuslly letting good picks like Hankins and Linval Joseph go due to lack of cap space and are always middle of the pack free agency players.

what is crazy is Chip Kely gutted the team by getting rid of Maclin, Jackson, Shady, etc while overpaying for Bradford, Byron Maxwell, etc. They traded tons of picks to get Wentz yet were able to trade Bradford, Maxwell and his bloated contract, Kilo alonso and others and were able to restock their picks and rebuild their team. People forget the Eagles were 4-12 last year but had a good core and made smart picks and free agent signings. We have a good young core of players and with a rebuilt Oline and some good linebackers, we could be back at the top.

id love for us to sign DE Trent Murphy. He had 8.5 sacks in part time play and would be a step up over Okarwa. Avery Moss looks like a good pickup. The Eagles are using our formula-you can never have too many DEs which is what we need to get back to here.

Comment

This is wrong. The reason he was traded because Seattle is rebuilding their defense. Bennett is 32 years old and declining. You are right about his price tag. They are IMO doing a smart thing and letting these players go sooner rather than too late. They are basically conceding that their run is over and that major changes have to be made. If anything, the giants should consider getting Bobby Wagner or at least seeing what the price tag is. It has nothing to do with wanting to get him out of the locker room.
            “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

anyways, I am NOT impressed with the eagles getting Bennett. The name is impressive, but the game is not.
              “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Working...
              X