Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody wish salary caps would be adjusted depending on state to counter tax differences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody wish salary caps would be adjusted depending on state to counter tax differences?

Wouldn't that be amazing if everything was fair in the eyes of player wallets

Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
    I just posted this in another thread, but it looks like it may be needed here as well...

The following teams play in states with no income tax:

Dallas Cowboys - 5 Lombardi trophies; 0 since 1995
    Miami Dolphins - 2 Lombardi trophies, 0 since 1973
    Seattle Seahawks - 1 Lombardi trophy
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 1 Lombardi trophy
    Tennesse Titans - 0 Lombardi trophies
    Jacksonville Jaguars - 0 Lombardi trophies
    Houston Texans - 0 Lombardi trophies

I'm not sure the income tax difference is all that much of a difference.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone signs outside of the income free tax states.

I wouldn't even consider it unless the endorsement package was up front at the signing and guaranteed to be equal or more.

Can't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
        I don't understand how anyone signs outside of the income free tax states.

I wouldn't even consider it unless the endorsement package was up front at the signing and guaranteed to be equal or more.

Can't blame them.
        Do you live in an income tax-free state?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Do you live in an income tax-free state?
          I do.

Comment

Blame the people who put the Democrat Party in power, 8 out the 10 states with the highest state taxes support the DNC.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
              I think there is some validity to that argument as the NFL looks to have a level playing field but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Losing a FA to Jags was more than just taxes. Jags were in playoffs n need a few pieces to go all the way. Giants 3-13 need 10-13 players to go as far as Jags will. The Giants may be forced to trade Beckham. Dallas lost a starting LB to FA cause they have no cap room either. Dumb, should have traded the LB last year they knew they had no cap room. Pay attention Gettleman or pay the piper. Better to have an oline than one classless star.

Comment

Players pay income tax in every stat they play in( away games) and in some cases the town that the stadium is in.

"Athletes file taxes not only in their home state but also in every stateóand some citiesóin which they play. Not every state uses the same calculation to determine what portion of an athleteís income to tax, and some use different calculations based on the sport."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#581bb596411e
                  "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

I do.
                    I lived in one for a while (Texas). Paid higher property taxes, sales taxes, vehicle registration fees, etc. The one that really pissed me off was getting a speeding ticket in every jerkwater town I drove through because that's how the police department funded itself.

No, thank you. I'll pay my income tax.

Comment

Blame the people of New Jersey/New York. They are the ones that continue to vote for an overwhelming number of Democrats. Every state controlled by Democrats is a high tax rate state. It isnít the NFLís responsibility to remedy the continued mistakes of the fans that create the problem. Over time this will remedy itself as teams will choose to move to lower tax rate states in order to compete and keep more profits.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                        Losing a FA to Jags was more than just taxes. Jags were in playoffs n need a few pieces to go all the way. Giants 3-13 need 10-13 players to go as far as Jags will. The Giants may be forced to trade Beckham. Dallas lost a starting LB to FA cause they have no cap room either. Dumb, should have traded the LB last year they knew they had no cap room. Pay attention Gettleman or pay the piper. Better to have an oline than one classless star.
                        Yes, the Jags are much better, but the dollar goes at least twice as far in Jacksonville than it does in the Ny/NJ area, and on top of that the tax rate is much lower.....really itís a no-brainer for Norwell or ANY FA given the same choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

Yes, the Jags are much better, but the dollar goes at least twice as far in Jacksonville than it does in the Ny/NJ area, and on top of that the tax rate is much lower.....really itís a no-brainer for Norwell or ANY FA given the same choices.
                          Yeah, but there aren't as many toothless inbreds in NY/NJ (and this coming from somebody who grew up in FL)

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Yeah, but there aren't as many toothless inbreds in NY/NJ (and this coming from somebody who grew up in FL)
                            Oh, I donít know about that. NY/NJ has its share of woodchucks, and FLA is ALWAYS going to be a preferred destination of FAs....ALWAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

Oh, I donít know about that. NY/NJ has its share of woodchucks, and FLA is ALWAYS going to be a preferred destination of FAs....ALWAYS!
                              Well, their 3 NFL teams have a combined 3 Lombardi trophies between them while the Giants alone have 4, so...I'm cool with that.

We have that Northern work ethic, ya know

Comment

Working...
                              X