Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL great Jim Kelly recovering after 12-hour cancer surgery

https://nypost.com/2018/03/29/nfl-gr...ancer-surgery/

Excerpt: "Former NFL quarterback Jim Kelly was recovering Wednesday night in a New York City hospital after undergoing nearly 12 hours of surgery for oral cancer.

“We successfully removed Mr. Kelly’s cancer from his upper jaw and lymph nodes from his neck,” Dr. Mark Urken, the operating surgeon, said in a statement to the Buffalo News. “We then reconstructed his upper jaw. Mr. Kelly is resting comfortably post-operatively.”

The “complicated” surgery was performed at Mount Sinai Hospital, the Buffalo News reported.

According to the News, Kelly sought to have the reconstruction because medication was no longer helping him deal with pain, and no longer wanted to use the prosthesis he had been using since a previous surgery.

In an Instagram post late Wednesday, Jill Kelly – wife of the former Buffalo Bills star – wrote that her husband was facing “a very significant time of recovery.”

Earlier this month, Kelly announced that his cancer had returned after years of remission. He said he was “shocked and deeply saddened” by the news, but vowed to overcome the disease." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Wow, JK has been going through the mill with this horrible disease, my heart and prayers go out to him and his family...

Comment

I need Chad Kelly to step up and do his Uncle proud.
      Long Live the King

Comment

Thanks for the update, Ro

Good to see Kelly still fighting the good fight. I'd expect nothing less.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X