Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Ballard might be on Patriots' roster bubble

We'll take him back!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226952/article/jake-ballard-might-be-on-patriots-roster-bubble

I think we will be fine with Myers and Robinson
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

As the article says, he has lingering knee issues. If he is healthy, he remains a Patriot. If he is injured, there is no place for him here either.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I've said for a while that there is a chance that he won't make the Pats 53 man roster.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          I've said for a while that there is a chance that he won't make the Pats 53 man roster.
          i remember you mentioning that several times
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            i remember you mentioning that several times
            It's a shame to see a guy who just isn't the same after an injury.

I remember a few years ago that Jay Alford was a guy who looked like he was about to make a jump to be a star when he got injured and was just never the same again. . . .

Comment

Maybe they rushed him back with gronk hurt and Arron in jail?

Comment

Especially his....let's review. We had lost Beckum already....Ballard going down left us with 1 TE for the rest of the game....he knew that....I gave up his body to try and see if he could get back in the game......it was then that he really messed up his knee. If Beckum had not gotten hurt, Ballard calls it a game earlier, and probably recovered in time to play last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                  Especially his....let's review. We had lost Beckum already....Ballard going down left us with 1 TE for the rest of the game....he knew that....I gave up his body to try and see if he could get back in the game......it was then that he really messed up his knee. If Beckum had not gotten hurt, Ballard calls it a game earlier, and probably recovered in time to play last year.
                  Another reason to not like Beckum.

Comment

I remember a few years ago that Jay Alford was a guy who looked like he was about to make a jump to be a star when he got injured and was just never the same again. . . .
                    Alford looked like he was gonna be a man-child in 2009. He was training with Osi (who had an awful year, but that's beside the point), and God knows we could've used him after we had Cofield/Robbins recovering from MF surgery, Canty with the hammy, and Bernard with...well Bernard just sucked, lol.

But man, blowing out your knee in a pointless preseason game...just awful.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I'd be more than happy to give Ballard a shot next year if Robinson doesn't show growth this year (but I do believe in Robinson).

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                        I'd be more than happy to give Ballard a shot next year if Robinson doesn't show growth this year (but I do believe in Robinson).
                        Even if Robinson does break out, Id love to have Ballard back as a #2. Primarily a blocker with some receiving ability.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Even if Robinson does break out, Id love to have Ballard back as a #2. Primarily a blocker with some receiving ability.
                          I'd be ok with that..Ballard wasn't a superstar but he had a knack for getting open

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                            he gave his all in a NYG uniform and for that he will always be loved. Will never forget that sideline shot of him trying to run on it and falling down during SB

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

Ballard had his one year, with a well deserved superbowl ring. Everytime I see him trying to run on the sideline only to blow his knee out pains me, but reminds me how determined he was. Much respect.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                              X