Tropicana field has got to go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropicana field has got to go

It is the biggest travesty of a “ballpark” I have ever seen. What an utter dump. Looks like somebody’s brother installed bumpy 80s AstroTurf. No bullpen. Always looks like some of the lights are burned out. What a sad place. Not to mention, every time I watch the Jays play there they play like crap.

Worst stadium in all of sports. Been there several times. They should just move that team out of there anyway. No one cares about the Rays.
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Worst stadium in all of sports. Been there several times. They should just move that team out of there anyway. No one cares about the Rays.
      It’s awful. Shut it down and give Montreal a team back. Or somewhere else. Anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

It’s awful. Shut it down and give Montreal a team back. Or somewhere else. Anywhere.
        They gave Winnipeg the jets back. They should the expos back to Montreal.
        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

They gave Winnipeg the jets back. They should the expos back to Montreal.
          I would love to see it. Montreal needs a new venue themselves though. Olympic stadium is pretty rough.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

I would love to see it. Montreal needs a new venue themselves though. Olympic stadium is pretty rough.
            MLB is already looking for 2 new locations and Montreal is one of them. I think Mexico City, Las Vegas and Portland are also in the mix.

I think they would build a new stadium if they got the bid.

Comment

I do like the Montreal option. But, they need a new Stadium there. In fact Tampa is building a new stadium. Money already approved. But, yes if they don't get the deal done. Hopefully Montreal get's them.
              Then move the A's to Portland Oregon. A's can't get a stadium deal done either. San Jose actually has already approved a stadium for the A's. But, the San Francisco Baseball Giants have that area for some reason in their zone. MLB seems to not want either situation to be fixed. I do agree. The current home of the Rays was a lousy building when it opened. It ain't aged well at all.
              Rays move to Montreal. Let's look at the American League after this happens
              AL East
              New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Toronto Blue Jays, Montreal Expos
              AL Central
              Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins, Kansas City Royals, Detroit Tigers
              AL West
              Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Angels, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners
              1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

Originally posted by flamethrower View Post
                I do like the Montreal option. But, they need a new Stadium there. In fact Tampa is building a new stadium. Money already approved. But, yes if they don't get the deal done. Hopefully Montreal get's them.
                Then move the A's to Portland Oregon. A's can't get a stadium deal done either. San Jose actually has already approved a stadium for the A's. But, the San Francisco Baseball Giants have that area for some reason in their zone. MLB seems to not want either situation to be fixed. I do agree. The current home of the Rays was a lousy building when it opened. It ain't aged well at all.
                Rays move to Montreal. Let's look at the American League after this happens
                AL East
                New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Toronto Blue Jays, Montreal Expos
                AL Central
                Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins, Kansas City Royals, Detroit Tigers
                AL West
                Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Angels, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners
                They want 32 teams. Montreal could be a brand new team. Along with Vegas or Mexico. Having 32 teams stops the inter league play every week that they are trying to get away from. Having 30 teams means 15 games, which means 1 game is always an inter league one.

I dont see how Tampa Bay can keep the Rays. Their fan base is very weak. They have to be losing money, just like the Marlins.

Comment

They want 32 teams. Montreal could be a brand new team. Along with Vegas or Mexico. Having 32 teams stops the inter league play every week that they are trying to get away from. Having 30 teams means 15 games, which means 1 game is always an inter league one.

I dont see how Tampa Bay can keep the Rays. Their fan base is very weak. They have to be losing money, just like the Marlins.
                  OK I do admit that I see MLB going to 32 teams due to that stupid move. But, Vegas is a gambling city. No way do they stop gambling on MLB. Mexico City would work if Portland Oregon was already in MLB.
                  Montreal as an expansion would work also.
                  Miami would be logical to move had they not built a brand new baseball stadium less than 5 years ago.
                  But, moving Tampa to Montreal would work. Move Oakland to Portland would also work. At that point. you can expand to both Vegas, and Mexico City. Then move Montreal back to the National League. It works for all parties
                  AL North would be Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays, Baltimore Orioles
                  AL Central would be Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Cleveland Indians, Chicago White sox
                  AL West would be Las Vegas expansion, Seattle Mariners, Portland A's, Los Angeles Angels
                  AL South would be Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Mexico City Expansion
                  NL East Montreal Expos, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Washington Nationals
                  NL Central would be Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago Cubs
                  NL West would be San Diego Padres, San Francisco Baseball Giants, Colorado Rockies, Los Angeles Dodgers
                  NL West would be Arizona Diamond backs, Miami Marlins, Atlanta Braves, Saint Louis Cardinals

Comment

Talks are in the works to build a new stadium in Ybor city. That would move the team about an hour closer for me and make it a more viable option.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                      Talks are in the works to build a new stadium in Ybor city. That would move the team about an hour closer for me and make it a more viable option.
                      Ybor City? Might as well move the team to South Central. Ybor City is a dump...

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                        Well I hope that it's a real baseball stadium. Unlike that ugly place they currently play in. If it don't pan out. I'm hoping that MLB accepts Tampa Bay metro area ain't a MLB location that works. Montreal is calling for them ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by flamethrower View Post

Well I hope that it's a real baseball stadium. Unlike that ugly place they currently play in. If it don't pan out. I'm hoping that MLB accepts Tampa Bay metro area ain't a MLB location that works. Montreal is calling for them ASAP
                          I hate domes, in both Baseball and football. Sports should be played outside. That said, those Florida teams need cover. Maybe a retractable one that lets in a ton of sunlight would work and look a lot better.

Comment

Ha! Speaking of....
                            Rays' Adeiny Hechavarria suffers bizarre injury thanks to ball off Tropicana Field catwalk

Tropicana Field's insufferable catwalk claims another victim

Ah, Tropicana Field -- the dingy disaster that everyone loves to hate. Or, you know, just the dingy disaster that everyone hates.

Today, there may not be a person in the world that hates the Rays' stadium more than Tampa Bay shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria. That's because the 29-year-old shortstop suffered a bizarre injury and needed to leave Tuesday night's game in Tampa after a ball struck the stadium's catwalk and wound up smacking him in the eye.

In the eighth inning of the Rays' game against the Braves, Atlanta's Ronald Acuna Jr. popped up what looked to be a routine foul ball behind home plate. But that ball struck a speaker attached to the catwalk, then ricocheted into fair territory in the infield. Hechavarria, who was understandably caught off-guard by the sequence, attempted to make a play on the ball as it headed toward him.

He dove for the ball, and it bounced off the Tropicana infield turf and ricocheted directly into his left eye. Hechavarria left the game with bruising and swelling, but luckily that was the extent of the damage done on the play.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/w...field-catwalk/

Comment

I hate domes, in both Baseball and football. Sports should be played outside. That said, those Florida teams need cover. Maybe a retractable one that lets in a ton of sunlight would work and look a lot better.
                              Thought I was the only person who feels this way. I hate the fact that the Texas Rangers are building a retractable roofed stadium to replace their current home. Which is a traditional outside venue. I have no problem sitting outside in the heat. The only thing a dome gives you is not having rain outs, or delays.

Comment

Working...
                              X