This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Patricia Indicted for Sexual Assault in 1996

The Patriots kept another secret for a long time and no one found out.

Now that he is out of the protected Boston shield, the truth comes out.

What a nightmare this could be for the Lions.
    At approximately 6 p.m. on Friday, March 15, the men arrived at a room at the Radisson hotel where the woman was sleeping, the newspaper reported.

Patricia and Dietrich “burst into” the room and awoke the woman before taking turns sexually assaulting her, according to the newspaper.

https://deadspin.com/report-lions-co...exu-1825907950
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

22 years have passed and he was 21 and never charged so im not sure what the S. Of Limatations is on that so he might not be able to be tried...but..

The Court of Public opinion will bury him
    What a bullet we dodged on this one. Wow
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      22 years have passed and he was 21 and never charged so im not sure what the S. Of Limatations is on that so he might not be able to be tried...but..

That last part is what I'm referring to. In today's day and age, this is a disaster for them.

My question is, how did NE hide this for all this time and who broke the silence now on it?
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

That last part is what I'm referring to. In today's day and age, this is a disaster for them.

My question is, how did NE hide this for all this time and who broke the silence now on it?
        Did I hear wrong?? I thought the girl involved came forward. Maybe NE was not aware of it. I doubt Kraft & Bill would of kept him on staff as long as they did if they had knowledge of that
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

Did I hear wrong?? I thought the girl involved came forward. Maybe NE was not aware of it. I doubt Kraft & Bill would of kept him on staff as long as they did if they had knowledge of that
          I read somewhere that the lions background check only included convictions. Kinda weird right? If I was gonna hire someone to be the face of my team and pay them millions of dollars I would want to know everything about them.

here's the link.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/10/ma...ult-accusation

I dont think this has anything to do with the girl. Pretty sure it was a news reporter.
          Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 05-10-2018, 08:03 PM.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

The Red Flag is his failure to disclose it. If he is as innocent as he claims to be. Why did he not stand behind his conviction of his adamant innocence and let the chips fall as the would. As it stands now , it is a big problem for Detroit and his character and credibility become an issue.

IMO: he should be fired , not because of the indictment that was dropped. Because he failed to explain it during the interview process. Come on he did not think this was gonna come out.
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

I read somewhere that the lions background check only included convictions. Kinda weird right? If I was gonna hire someone to be the face of my team and pay them millions of dollars I would want to know everything about them.

here's the link.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/10/ma...ult-accusation

I dont think this has anything to do with the girl. Pretty sure it was a news reporter.
              Your right. And he went through 5/6 or so levels of Coaching and none of the hiring Universities found it nor NE. Yet the reporter said he found it in 10 seconds. Could it be that each and every team he's interviewed for only looked for convictions?? When your hiring sineins to be the face of your team and be in chsrch of your program you don't check for arrests w/o convictions? To see if there might be any character issues?? Seems strange to me that all these teams missed this. He said it never came up

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                The Red Flag is his failure to disclose it. If he is as innocent as he claims to be. Why did he not stand behind his conviction of his adamant innocence and let the chips fall as the would. As it stands now , it is a big problem for Detroit and his character and credibility become an issue.

IMO: he should be fired , not because of the indictment that was dropped. Because he failed to explain it during the interview process. Come on he did not think this was gonna come out.
                Exactly he said it never came up do he didn't bring it up. But your right. He should of said you team of investigators didn't come up with this but I was accused of sexual assult 22 years ago while on spring break. Nothing came of it because the girl was lying and never showed up to court..

He didn't do that in any of the teams he has interviewed for. It's amazing someone else didn't find this info years ago and that he has gotten this far in his career.

CluCo he be telling the truth? Sure. Maybe she consented and then later changed her mind cause they might of been a bit rough?? Who knows

The big question is they mentioned all the other teams that interviewed him for a HC position and if they knew anything. The Giants being one of them. Did the Giants miss this as well?? Did NY Dodge a bullet?

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

He was actually indicted and the charges were dismissed when the girl declined to testify.

So it's a strange situation ... serious charges for sure, but he was never tried or convicted.
                  Last edited by TCHOF; 05-11-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

If they ran a criminal history it should've shown up even though it was not guilty or the charge was dropped. The only way it would've not been on his criminal record was if it was expunged. When I worked at a jail in my area one of the first jobs I had was intake and release. We used to run criminal history reports for police officers either trying to obtain warrants from a magistrate or criminal histories for people that had just been brought in by the police. If they had been charged with anything prior, no matter guilty or not, it was still on that report.

The caveat is, that most businesses do criminal histories...or did...through the state police and I don't know if they told them what was on that report. So, for instance if a business has you fill out a disclosure, they send the information to the state police and they run the report. Businesses do not have access to the NICS database. The business will tell them the specifics they are looking for and the police will tell them if there are any red flags. It is possible that they were not told to look for not guilty charges.

Still, the NFL has former FBI agents and stuff in their security. You would think that as under a microscope future NFL prospects are that someone would've known about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                      If they ran a criminal history it should've shown up even though it was not guilty or the charge was dropped. The only way it would've not been on his criminal record was if it was expunged. When I worked at a jail in my area one of the first jobs I had was intake and release. We used to run criminal history reports for police officers either trying to obtain warrants from a magistrate or criminal histories for people that had just been brought in by the police. If they had been charged with anything prior, no matter guilty or not, it was still on that report.

The caveat is, that most businesses do criminal histories...or did...through the state police and I don't know if they told them what was on that report. So, for instance if a business has you fill out a disclosure, they send the information to the state police and they run the report. Businesses do not have access to the NICS database. The business will tell them the specifics they are looking for and the police will tell them if there are any red flags. It is possible that they were not told to look for not guilty charges.

Still, the NFL has former FBI agents and stuff in their security. You would think that as under a microscope future NFL prospects are that someone would've known about this.
                      That's good and all but apparently this reporter was able to get the information with a 30 second search...

Deadspin published a story on Thursday titled, “We Found Matt Patricia’s Sexual Assault Indictment In 30 Seconds. Why Didn’t The Detroit Lions?” MMQB staff writer Kalyn Kahler was able to find the indictment via Nexis in a similarly short amount of time.

Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 05-11-2018, 06:49 AM.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Exactly he said it never came up do he didn't bring it up. But your right. He should of said you team of investigators didn't come up with this but I was accused of sexual assult 22 years ago while on spring break. Nothing came of it because the girl was lying and never showed up to court..

He didn't do that in any of the teams he has interviewed for. It's amazing someone else didn't find this info years ago and that he has gotten this far in his career.

CluCo he be telling the truth? Sure. Maybe she consented and then later changed her mind cause they might of been a bit rough?? Who knows

The big question is they mentioned all the other teams that interviewed him for a HC position and if they knew anything. The Giants being one of them. Did the Giants miss this as well?? Did NY Dodge a bullet?
                        I agree it could be very well be telling the truth about the incident. That is not the problem. He lied to the interviewers. Hence the problem. He never gave Detroit the chance to investigate the incident.
                        Last edited by TEM; 05-11-2018, 08:13 AM.
                        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

My thoughts exactly and I was one who was high up on the guy.

::wiping sweat from forehead::
                          sigpic #80

Comment

I agree it could be very well be telling the truth about the incident. That is not the problem. He lied to the interviewers. Hence the problem. He never gave Detroit the chance to investigate the incident.
                            And now Pencilgate begins...

Comment

Wait, he lied to the interviewers? Says who?

What obligation does he have to alert them to a 22 year old charge against him that was dismissed if they don't ask the right question?
                              Last edited by TCHOF; 05-11-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X