This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Wait, he lied to the interviewers? Says who?

What obligation does he have to alert them to a 22 year old charge against him that was dismissed if they don't ask the right question?
    Obviously Detroit didn’t do a background check or they lied when they said they knew nothing about it.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

That's not necessarily true. Depends on the scope of the background check - some background checks only seek information about actual convictions.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that no one in the NFL knew about this indictment for Patricia even though it's over 20 years old. Depending on the backlash from this revelation, Patrica's coaching career with the Lions may be over before the season starts.

Thankfully, Patricia didn't take the Giants coaching job. After the Josh Brown abuse mess, nobody would've believed that the Giants didn't know about the Patricia indictment even if they really didn't know about it.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
          I find it hard to believe that no one in the NFL knew about this indictment for Patricia even though it's over 20 years old. Depending on the backlash from this revelation, Patrica's coaching career with the Lions may be over before the season starts.

Thankfully, Patricia didn't take the Giants coaching job. After the Josh Brown abuse mess, nobody would've believed that the Giants didn't know about the Patricia indictment even if they really didn't know about it.
          They had to know. The reporter said it took him all of 5/10 seconds to find it. You mean to tell me a simple reporter can find it but an NFL franchise with unlimited resources could not? Probably just figured it has not come up in 22 Years and may never so let's hire him. If it does come up we will support him and say he was not convicted ?? Wow
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Wait, he lied to the interviewers? Says who?

What obligation does he have to alert them to a 22 year old charge against him that was dismissed if they don't ask the right question?
            Well I suppose that would depend on the types of questions they asked? They could of said is there anything in your past that you think we should know about now that could cause our franchise embarrassing situation later?? If he said "No" to that then he lied
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

That's good and all but apparently this reporter was able to get the information with a 30 second search...

Deadspin published a story on Thursday titled, “We Found Matt Patricia’s Sexual Assault Indictment In 30 Seconds. Why Didn’t The Detroit Lions?” MMQB staff writer Kalyn Kahler was able to find the indictment via Nexis in a similarly short amount of time.

I'm sure it could've probably been found by a Google search, I just find it odd that either they claim they didn't know any of this stuff because of the amount of supposed research on pre-draft rookies or they decided to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Well I suppose that would depend on the types of questions they asked? They could of said is there anything in your past that you think we should know about now that could cause our franchise embarrassing situation later?? If he said "No" to that then he lied
                I agree, but I haven't seen any reports that such a scenario occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post

I'm sure it could've probably been found by a Google search, I just find it odd that either they claim they didn't know any of this stuff because of the amount of supposed research on pre-draft rookies or they decided to ignore it.
                  Remember, this was not a situation where Patricia was a new entity to them. Bob Quinn knew Patricia well from their days with the Pats and they were very close. Maybe that closeness caused him to skip a few steps in the process because he felt like he knew Patricia ....

Comment

Remember, this was not a situation where Patricia was a new entity to them. Bob Quinn knew Patricia well from their days with the Pats and they were very close. Maybe that closeness caused him to skip a few steps in the process because he felt like he knew Patricia ....
                    There were some who questioned why Patricia would go to the Lions, considering their history and the state of that area. Others mentioned the obvious reason was based on this bond between them. Maybe Patricia felt any past issue would likely not come up during the process, and made his choice based on banking on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

There were some who questioned why Patricia would go to the Lions, considering their history and the state of that area. Others mentioned the obvious reason was based on this bond between them. Maybe Patricia felt any past issue would likely not come up during the process, and made his choice based on banking on that.
                      Could be ....

I wonder if he has always been terrified of this coming out ... probably

Comment

I agree, but I haven't seen any reports that such a scenario occurred.
                        Neither have I but wouldn't you think that type of questioning would be automatic??

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

The Lions look really bad in all of this. Teams scrutinize the hell out of players. How come they are not doing the same to the coaches? They know everything about a player. Even about their expunged charges. How the hell do they not exercise that kind of due diligence for their HC? Something smells extremely fishy about this.
                          “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Neither have I but wouldn't you think that type of questioning would be automatic??
                            You would think, but again, Quinn has known Patricia for a long time and worked with him with the Pats ... he also knows that Patricia has been in the league for a while and no hint of such behavior in the present or past has come up ...

I think that this caused him to get sloppy and skip steps that he probably wouldn't have skipped with a candidate ha he wasn't so familiar with.

Comment

Indicted means there was enough information to bring him to trial, not that he was guilty.

The plaintiff did not testify, the charges were dropped.

Nothing to see here, move along.
                              "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

You would think, but again, Quinn has known Patricia for a long time and worked with him with the Pats ... he also knows that Patricia has been in the league for a while and no hint of such behavior in the present or past has come up ...

I think that this caused him to get sloppy and skip steps that he probably wouldn't have skipped with a candidate ha he wasn't so familiar with.
                                Okay that makes sense then

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X