No announcement yet.

LeBron is the GOAT...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Jordan avg like over 30 ppg in 12 seasons in a hand check league where it was much more physical?? At the end of the day its very hard to compare these players due to different eras and how the rules have changed. The athletes of today are much stronger, athletic, and better shooters along with better nutritional and diet. Jordan imo is the exception and would have easily hang in with todays athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

LeBron James teams defeated the Spurs and Warriors, the washer up version of the Lakers, Blazers, Suns and J*** couldn't hold a candle to those 2 teams.
      Lebron didnt do it by himself. Lebron still had Wade, Bosh, and Ray Allen who made arguably the greatest clutch shot ever in the finals that led to a series win. You could also argue that the heat were still Wades team when they won back to back even though Bron was the best player still.

The Warriors comeback cemented his legacy as an all time great and put him in the discussion of the GOAT conversion imo. What he did in 5, 6, and 7 might never be matched again......and still he needed his sidekick to make that winning shot to put them over the top.
      Last edited by jay051; 05-31-2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for asking, the answer is Shaquille O'Neal. He took his talents to LA long before LeBron took his to South Beach
        Totally different situations. Shaq went to a team that didnt have any top 5 players there at all. Lebron took his talents to South beach where there were two top 5-7 players at that time in Wade and Bosh. The comparison with what LBJ and Shaq did is not even close.

Some could hate what Durant did but the super team really started when Lebron joined forces with other future Hof players in their prime.

By the way before someone brings this up.......the celtics had a big 3 but garnett and allen were traded to boston. IIRC Allen didnt have a no trade clause on his contract when he got shipped from seattle to boston.

Comment

Lebron is best Ive seen ... my references are Bird, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Jordan, and Shaq.
          None of them effect what's going on the entirety of the court as much as Lebron. Magic was closest, but he wasnt anywhere near the athlete Lebron is.
          Last edited by William; 06-03-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Everyone who says Jordan is better, I'd simply like to know why. If you can definitively say why I'd love to hear it.
            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Everyone who says Jordan is better, I'd simply like to know why. If you can definitively say why I'd love to hear it.
              I don't even think it's close. LeBron doesn't have the killer instinct or the guts to be the GOAT.

Great player obviously, a physically gifted beast yet soft as a baby's blanket. His hand cast move yesterday was ridiculous. Almost as bad as his flop vs the Celtics where he grabbed his knee like it was ahot by a canon only to jump up next play and charge the basket. I never saw Jordan act like that.

If you arent older than 30-35, it's just hard to explain how dominant Jordan was, and against better players. Not to mention, Jordan also played defense.

And that's without bringing up the finals records.
              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

could be headed to Lakers, makes sense, thats where old stars go to die ...
                LeBron-to-Lakers momentum appears to be building

https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/is-the...ntum-building/

Comment

Working...
                X