Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warriors vs Cavs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Warriors vs Cavs

    What in the world was that Cavs player JR Smith thinking after getting rebound on missed free throw ? Unreal, they most likely win game if he just takes it to hoop. Upset there in game 1 would have been huge...that play could define the series.

  • #2
    LeBron walks off podium after too many JR questions from reporters. One of only six 50 point games in nba finals history too...guy is understandably frustrated

    https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17...-cavs-warriors

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by William View Post
      LeBron walks off podium after too many JR questions from reporters. One of only six 50 point games in nba finals history too...guy is understandably frustrated

      https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17...-cavs-warriors
      I dont care if he is frustrated. He ran Kyrie out of there and hand picked his own team and coach. Everyone keeps saying that he has no help... Well, thats who HE wanted. HE built that roster. And Kevin Love is pretty damn good anyway. They just wont be able to stop the Warriors. No one can.

      The difference between them winning and losing is probably Kyrie who he ran out of town.

      Regardless, that was a great game last night. Even though the Warriors vs Cavs again is extremely boring now a days, the game was at least good.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        He's been to 8 straight finals. I think he deserves credt. Who knows where they'd be w/o his active leadership?

        JR is now saying he knew the score, didn't want to take on KD in the paint, and thought they were calling time out. I kinda get the KD part, but why didn't JR call the time out if that's what he thought his team wanted?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by William View Post
          He's been to 8 straight finals. I think he deserves credt. Who knows where they'd be w/o his active leadership?

          JR is now saying he knew the score, didn't want to take on KD in the paint, and thought they were calling time out. I kinda get the KD part, but why didn't JR call the time out if that's what he thought his team wanted?
          I absolutely give him credit for 8 straight finals. Thats unreal. He is the 2nd best player I have ever seen play the game of basketball.

          Not sure about JR. Not the smartest guy.
          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

            I absolutely give him credit for 8 straight finals. Thats unreal. He is the 2nd best player I have ever seen play the game of basketball.

            Not sure about JR. Not the smartest guy.
            +1. If the cavs pull out the upset?? I will have Lebron surpassing MJ because the way this series is going?? LBJ might have to avg 55 pts 11reb and 12 assist to beat this juggernaut warriors. Dude scored 50 with Durant not playing well and the cavs still lost..........smdh.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by William View Post
              He's been to 8 straight finals. I think he deserves credt. Who knows where they'd be w/o his active leadership?

              JR is now saying he knew the score, didn't want to take on KD in the paint, and thought they were calling time out. I kinda get the KD part, but why didn't JR call the time out if that's what he thought his team wanted?
              JR is lying. He thought they were up one and his body language and demeanor was evident when LBJ scolded him for his blunder.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                +1. If the cavs pull out the upset?? I will have Lebron surpassing MJ because the way this series is going?? LBJ might have to avg 55 pts 11reb and 12 assist to beat this juggernaut warriors. Dude scored 50 with Durant not playing well and the cavs still lost..........smdh.
                Nah. Even if Lebron wins 10 more ships, he just wasnt the better basketball player IMO. It kinda is the Tom Brady example I use all the time. HE could win 5 more SBs and I still dont see him as a better QB than Montana or Marino. More accomplished? Yes. Better QB? No. More longevity? Yes. MJ went to college. Took 2 years off. Ect. Jordan was better overall.

                Lebron is a physical beast. He can take over when he wants to. The problem I see, is he doesnt have that takeover mentality like Jordan did all the time. There were too many times in big spots in his career he didnt want to be the guy. He has certainly moved up the ladder for me on the mount rushmore of NBA, to #2, but not #1. I will compare him to another MJ though, Magic Johnson. Thats more of the type of player he is. LeBron is better than Magic though now. Better than any player Ive seen, minus Jordan.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                  Nah. Even if Lebron wins 10 more ships, he just wasnt the better basketball player IMO. It kinda is the Tom Brady example I use all the time. HE could win 5 more SBs and I still dont see him as a better QB than Montana or Marino. More accomplished? Yes. Better QB? No. More longevity? Yes. MJ went to college. Took 2 years off. Ect. Jordan was better overall.

                  Lebron is a physical beast. He can take over when he wants to. The problem I see, is he doesnt have that takeover mentality like Jordan did all the time. There were too many times in big spots in his career he didnt want to be the guy. He has certainly moved up the ladder for me on the mount rushmore of NBA, to #2, but not #1. I will compare him to another MJ though, Magic Johnson. Thats more of the type of player he is. LeBron is better than Magic though now. Better than any player Ive seen, minus Jordan.
                  Fair enough. I think this series is over if the cavs lose game 2. I was hoping it goes 6 or 7 to put pressure on these warriors.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by William View Post
                    What in the world was that Cavs player JR Smith thinking after getting rebound on missed free throw ? Unreal, they most likely win game if he just takes it to hoop. Upset there in game 1 would have been huge...that play could define the series.
                    Tried to say he knew the game was tied. Total BS. L. James didn't want to thrwt him under the bus during the interview. But his Coach did saying clearly Smith thought they were up one
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                      Fair enough. I think this series is over if the cavs lose game 2. I was hoping it goes 6 or 7 to put pressure on these warriors.
                      It still might. The Cavs just proved they can definitely hang with the Warriors and are capable of beating them. Having Kevin Love back made a difference.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        Regardless, that was a great game last night. Even though the Warriors vs Cavs again is extremely boring now a days, the game was at least good.
                        These have been the two best teams loaded with capable 3-point shooters by far. It's difficult to expect anything otherwise. It's just a professional sport where it's score or go home like the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post

                          It still might. The Cavs just proved they can definitely hang with the Warriors and are capable of beating them. Having Kevin Love back made a difference.
                          True but my concern is that iggy might be back and Durant didnt really play that well in game one. Iggy is definitely missed with these Warriors. I actually agreed with Kerr that had iggy stayed healthy that they would have won in 5 against the rockets.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Not a big NBA fan but the fact that this is the 4th straight NBA finals between these 2 teams is very impressive. Also tells me that unlike the NFL, there is no parity in the NBA, am I wrong? Not that I find anything wrong with that. IMO, if you aren't good enough to compete with the big dogs , then you don't rate to be in the Finals.

                            Due to FA/higher injury rate in the NFL, I feel that we will never again see another team go to 4 straight SBs like Buffalo did from 90' - 93'. You have to be able to keep pretty much the entire starting O & D intact yr after yr to accomplish that now. Way too much turnover on a yearly basis for most teams to keep that type of consistency on a team. NE has been the closest to accomplish this since 2001 with 50% app in the SB. Amazing feat but still not as impressive as 4 straight SB app imo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                              Not a big NBA fan but the fact that this is the 4th straight NBA finals between these 2 teams is very impressive. Also tells me that unlike the NFL, there is no parity in the NBA, am I wrong? Not that I find anything wrong with that. IMO, if you aren't good enough to compete with the big dogs , then you don't rate to be in the Finals.

                              Due to FA/higher injury rate in the NFL, I feel that we will never again see another team go to 4 straight SBs like Buffalo did from 90' - 93'. You have to be able to keep pretty much the entire starting O & D intact yr after yr to accomplish that now. Way too much turnover on a yearly basis for most teams to keep that type of consistency on a team. NE has been the closest to accomplish this since 2001 with 50% app in the SB. Amazing feat but still not as impressive as 4 straight SB app imo.
                              I just think in the NBA having at least one of the top 3 players on your team is essential to making it to the finals ... makes sense, when you consider there are only 5 guys on the floor for a team -- football 11, baseball 9, hockey 6 but they actively rotate shifts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X