X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosevelt
    started a topic Eagle vs Redskin Game

Eagle vs Redskin Game

That Eagle offense looked great on that first drive despite the backward pass debacle.

• B-Red22
    replied
    yea vick is on his way to yet another season where he doesn't play 16 games, he was getting lit up repeatedly on some of those plays

Leave a comment:

• B-Red22
    replied
    Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    MODS please do not move this to general sports.... nobody goes there.

let us discuss this here please.

This is very much Giants related as both of these teams are our rivals.
    lol fail, i agree with you though

Leave a comment:

• EliDaMANning
    replied
    Vick had a career game vs the deadskins a few years back. But he got crushed on several blitzes throughout the game. He got hit A LOT even on RB runs.

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
    I quite honestly believe and might get ripped for this but, our coaches are used up. we made 2 SB runs and gilbride may have helped us with 2 SB runs but even as a coach at San diego, he sucked. I'm torn on this issue.

our coaching staff in all honesty seem used up. I'd love to entice Bill cowher to come here as HC. but that's just me.
    Yes! Get Cowher here so that we can get our next SB in 2028!

Leave a comment:

• giant-4-life
    replied
    I quite honestly believe and might get ripped for this but, our coaches are used up. we made 2 SB runs and gilbride may have helped us with 2 SB runs but even as a coach at San diego, he sucked. I'm torn on this issue.

our coaching staff in all honesty seem used up. I'd love to entice Bill cowher to come here as HC. but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    I think the big question about this offense is going to be the wear and tear all the extra plays have on the players. With additional snaps the injury risk would increase and this is not like college where you have an 80+ man roster. The guys on the pro level are faster and stronger, it will be interesting to see as the season goes on.
    Thats the thing perfect storm last night for the Eagles. They had a QB with no preseason reps who was going to be obviously rusty it played into their tempo. Later on in the year when the Skins get their offense going running the ball and going on 7 minute drives it will be a different story.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
    I always wanted Chip to be the Giants OC. Living in the Southwest and watching Pac games I can tell you he build a heck of an offense in Oregon. I am not sure if he can build an entire NFL team, but I promise you the Eagles Offense will be moving the ball lightning fast. I can only imagine what he could have accomplished with Eli, Nicks and Cruz. Oh. well, we are stuck with Killdrive and Coughlin who cannot make up their minds what to call.
    Lets see how long Vick holds up. The offense can work but you better draft multiple QB's

Leave a comment:

• brad
    replied
    Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
    We missed the playoffs, and will again, but for a change of pace it won't be due to a second half collapse this time it'll be over by the end of Nov. They needed this game, this team isn't nearly good enough to simply hand a win away with non stop turnovers like that.
    I see it different, they are going to have a rough start but they will improve as the season goes on. The O-line needs time together and Pugh is starting to look like a solid starter on that line. Even with all the mistakes, that offense showed just how explosive they can be. They do need to work on that running game a bit though!

The defense looked to be better than I expected. I wouldn't call it good, but half-decent is still an improvement over last year. They need to generate more pass rush, but I liked what I saw in the secondary and run defense.

It was a tough loss, but that one game is not an indication of what this team is capable of. I don't expect any SB run, but I am not ruling out the playoffs just yet.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfam04
    replied
    I think the big question about this offense is going to be the wear and tear all the extra plays have on the players. With additional snaps the injury risk would increase and this is not like college where you have an 80+ man roster. The guys on the pro level are faster and stronger, it will be interesting to see as the season goes on.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
    We missed the playoffs, and will again, but for a change of pace it won't be due to a second half collapse this time it'll be over by the end of Nov. They needed this game, this team isn't nearly good enough to simply hand a win away with non stop turnovers like that.

u mean in 2007 when we lost the first game of the season @ Dallas? bc we didnt open last season @ dallas we opened up @ home.

so, last time we opened up the season, and lost in Dallas, was 2007. We won the SB that year lmfao.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    I remember hearing the same line last year when we lost the first game to Dallas. Care to remind me how did that turned out?
    u mean in 2007 when we lost the first game of the season @ Dallas? bc we didnt open last season @ dallas we opened up @ home.

so, last time we opened up the season, and lost in Dallas, was 2007. We won the SB that year lmfao.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied
    I watched this game and came away with the exact opposite response as many here.

Eagles: They are using Vick much the same way the Skins used RG3 last year and just like RG3 last year, I don't think Vick will last long in this system. Their Oline had some breakdowns in scheme, but the guys did a good job blocking when they got a helmet on a defender.

Redskins: RG3 is clearly slower bc of the knee. He is still a good QB, but if he lacks mobility, the way he did tonight he isn't half as scarey. The skins lack weapons on the outside still. Finally, and this may have been a product of playing against a Kelly system, but the Skins dline was gassed by midway through the 2nd quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Flip Empty
    replied
    You are right on! The Giants are not a bad team, just stupid and careless. It seems there is no fire in them, no desire to win. As far as the tempo goes, we go as our old coaches go "slow and sloppy"
    They don't need fire, they need an o-line.

Leave a comment:

• Messiah717
    replied
    I remember hearing the same line last year when we lost the first game to Dallas. Care to remind me how did that turned out?
    Charges vs Eagles in the Super Bowl. Better yet just end the season after tonight and play the game next Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X