Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another team making a move for a top-notch lineman! Crap!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another team making a move for a top-notch lineman! Crap!

    ESPN NFL - Jaguars agree in principle to trade OT Eugene Monroe (1st-rd pick, 2009) to Ravens - Adam Schefter

  • #2
    Thats rather stunning actually. Wonder what the compensation is.

    Comment


    • #3
      And we go out and get the worst center in the league. How does that move improve our team?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        And we go out and get the worst center in the league. How does that move improve our team?
        Just wish that it does haha

        Comment


        • #5
          They were gonna probably lose him next year anyway. I'm not too concerned with our tackles; guard-to-guard is where we need upgrades.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
            And we go out and get the worst center in the league. How does that move improve our team?
            At 0-4 with the 6th oldest team in the league, we should be trading players for draft picks, not the other way around

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              They were gonna probably lose him next year anyway. I'm not too concerned with our tackles; guard-to-guard is where we need upgrades.
              I agree with you but my point is that they go out and add Tallent to shore up a weakness. We go out and bring in the worst center in the league to replace another bad center. Going backwards.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                I agree with you but my point is that they go out and add Tallent to shore up a weakness. We go out and bring in the worst center in the league to replace another bad center. Going backwards.
                Giants gave up nothing to bring in that center. Ravens could have potentially given up quite a bit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  They were gonna probably lose him next year anyway. I'm not too concerned with our tackles; guard-to-guard is where we need upgrades.
                  exactly, the interior is destroying us.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    Giants gave up nothing to bring in that center. Ravens could have potentially given up quite a bit.
                    eh, seeing as he's got 1 yr left on his deal, prob a 4th rd pick. maybe 3rd. i'd have done that in a second to be honest. but, we need the draft picks as well theres a lot of holes on the team.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nothing = nothing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Giants gave up nothing to bring in that center. Ravens could have potentially given up quite a bit.
                        I don't follow Jax really. I was under the impression that Monroe was a disappointment.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                          I agree with you but my point is that they go out and add Tallent to shore up a weakness. We go out and bring in the worst center in the league to replace another bad center. Going backwards.
                          I guess, but we don't know what's going on behind closed doors, either. That's not to say that I believe Reese was making 31 phone calls, but if Dallas Reynolds is his solution to the problem, then there's certainly a perceptual disparity between Reese and...the entire fan-base, as it pertains to the OL-issue.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I don't follow Jax really. I was under the impression that Monroe was a disappointment.
                            Hes been a pretty good player. After Jax drafted Joeckel though, the writing was on the wall.

                            Same thing will happen in KC with Albert, and eventually in Philly with Jason Peters

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              I don't follow Jax really. I was under the impression that Monroe was a disappointment.
                              He sorta-kinda was, but he's turned it around, for the most part. He used to be a pressure machine.

                              Eben Britton was the real disappointment for Jax; they drafted Monroe/Britton to be their bookends, and it clearly didn't play out that way.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X