Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    Isn't a redskin an indian?
    Isnt a cracker a white person? A n- a black person? Theres words for jews for italians for asians etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
      Isnt a cracker a white person? A n- a black person? Theres words for jews for italians for asians etc.
      +1

Comment

There would never be a team called the New Jersey Crackers or something like that or the Carolina N-s or anything like that, but there has been a team named Redskins for a very long time but now its a problem? Why because Obama said so or a couple old folks got together and decided its offensive after all these years? i see where you are coming from but if it stayed all these years why ***** now?

Comment

There would never be a team called the New Jersey Crackers or something like that or the Carolina N-s or anything like that, but there has been a team named Redskins for a very long time but now its a problem? Why because Obama said so or a couple old folks got together and decided its offensive after all these years? i see where you are coming from but if it stayed all these years why ***** now?
          Ignorance, is why. I honestly didnt know redskin was a derogatory term either. Its common sense, if something is wrong, its wrong. And its not like a team changing their name is some unprecedented thing

Comment

Ignorance, is why. I honestly didnt know redskin was a derogatory term either. Its common sense, if something is wrong, its wrong. And its not like a team changing their name is some unprecedented thing

I agree but after all these years of letting it go and wanting to change it now is just crazy but thats just me

Comment

I agree but after all these years of letting it go and wanting to change it now is just crazy but thats just me
              Racism has become less tolerated. It's called progress. It is not for any of us to decide what's offensive to someone else. It's all subjective. They should change it.
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                Racism has become less tolerated. It's called progress. It is not for any of us to decide what's offensive to someone else. It's all subjective. They should change it.

They should vote on it

Comment

They should vote on it
                  Who?

Comment

Who?

Whoever wants to change the name thats's who. If the government wants to do it then have a vote, just like they vote for the president

Comment

Whoever wants to change the name thats's who. If the government wants to do it then have a vote, just like they vote for the president
                      It isn't a governmental decision to make. It's a free speech issue. Under the constitution no one can tell Snyder to change the name except the NFL. Maybe the owners should vote on it.

Comment

It isn't a governmental decision to make. It's a free speech issue. Under the constitution no one can tell Snyder to change the name except the NFL. Maybe the owners should vote on it.

Do you think they will change it? The NFL still gets plenty of viewers and money and that isn't chaning, even with the name Redskins. If it was the Carolina Redskins would it matter? Or is it because its in the capital and Obama said so?

Comment

Very true, there was alot of unacceptable BS going on race wise in the past that was accepted as the norm and is now horrifying to hear. Just because the name was adopted years ago doesnt make it OK, we're better than that
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Do you think they will change it? The NFL still gets plenty of viewers and money and that isn't chaning, even with the name Redskins. If it was the Carolina Redskins would it matter? Or is it because its in the capital and Obama said so?
                            I don't know if they will but this has nothing to do with Obama.

Comment

Its Snyders team and technically he can name them whatever he wants no matter how offensive it is, we gotta accept the good and the bad with free speech. None the less its his choice to change or keep the name, personally if they wanna keep the logo they should be called the Braves or Warriors, or a positive term associated with the Native American population if they even wanna keep the logo
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                                Very true, there was alot of unacceptable BS going on race wise in the past that was accepted as the norm and is now horrifying to hear. Just because the name was adopted years ago doesnt make it OK, we're better than that

Maybe people had better things to do in the past than worry about a damn football teams name

Comment

Working...
                                X