Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Giants do have the first pick in the draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. Any current players you would trade the first pick in the draft for?
    I don't think it's worth trading for a player. If we did get the first pick, i would hope that there are two teams with top 5 picks that want the same player. Then you trade them for their first round pick and maybe their third round pick, and next years first. Kind of like the deal we made with Sand Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      If we are at #1, which we wont be, then we trade the pick to the Jags or Bucs for their 1st rounder (2nd or 3rd) and additional picks in this years and next years draft, including next years 1st.

Thats how you rebuild an older fading team. And we still could land Clowney if Jags take Bridgewater, Bucs take Mariota.
      I agree with trading the pick to move down a bit to recevie additional picks but with the team's first from this year's draft and next year's might be a lil steep although the Giants did something along those lines with Eli's trade so it might work depending on how bad the other team needs it

Comment

After watching some Alabama games I hope we draft CJ Mosley. Guy is a playmaker that can have an immediate impact on a defense bereft of talent

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          OL CANT BE QUICK FIXED YOU IDIOT... we need 3 1st round picks to fix that abomination... If we use FA to fix the OL we're going to end up with 3 Bass's...
          You have some serious issues. Cut it out with the attitude. I believe it absolutely can be quick fixed. We don't need a line full of studs. In order to have a great oline, you just a bunch of solid contributors that play well together. If Eli returns to "form", we don't even need a good oline. Adequate is all we'll need.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
            You have some serious issues. Cut it out with the attitude. I believe it absolutely can be quick fixed. We don't need a line full of studs. In order to have a great oline, you just a bunch of solid contributors that play well together. If Eli returns to "form", we don't even need a good oline. Adequate is all we'll need.
            If the Giants are committed to Eli, I think you trade back and amass O-Linemen. I don't agree that Eli needs just an adequate line. I think he needs a great O-Line. This isn't necessarily a knock on Eli. I would say the same is true for Brady.
            Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Don't think they can wait for the OL to grow with draft picks. How many more years do they have with Eli? Fix the OL in FA and some mid round draft pick. What if Watt was tired of playing for the Texans and was demanding a trade? A proven player for a first round pick.

Comment

If the Giants have the 1st overall pick---wow that means we sucked worse than the Jags and Bucs! But I would be ok if they traded back a few spots and gained an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick. If Clowney is the guy than so be it. I think he would be a good replacement for Tuck. But LB, interior O-line, and CB need to be addressed as well in the draft or FA.

Comment

Working...
                X