Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Giants do have the first pick in the draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If the Giants do have the first pick in the draft.

    If they had the first pick in this years draft and there was a team willing to trade a player for that pick who would people want it to be?

  • #2
    I'm not sure I'd want Clowney. I just don't know what he has over other DE's in the league that would separate him so much.

    I really like what I see in Jameis Winston. He just tore up Clemson the other night. Never seen such a mature and progressed young QB. I would love a QB like that in NY.

    Don't get me wrong, I love Eli and the fact he's brought 50% of our Lombardi's back to NY, but at the same time ten years with the same QB with a personality like Eli's just tends to grow old and bland on you. I want someone to lead our team with passion, hype, and excitement. You don't really see that from Eli unless he's acting on SNL.
    Assign infractions here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      If they had the first pick in this years draft and there was a team willing to trade a player for that pick who would people want it to be?
      Don't necessarily want a player. I would trade back a few spots and pick up an additional three or maybe a two.

      Comment


      • #4
        If we are at #1, which we wont be, then we trade the pick to the Jags or Bucs for their 1st rounder (2nd or 3rd) and additional picks in this years and next years draft, including next years 1st.

        Thats how you rebuild an older fading team. And we still could land Clowney if Jags take Bridgewater, Bucs take Mariota.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tbonenc View Post
          Don't necessarily want a player. I would trade back a few spots and pick up an additional three or maybe a two.
          ^ this. the Giants need impact players.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Clowney is a flat out beast,since he came back he's been playing great even with being double and on some occasion's tripple teamed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tbonenc View Post
              Don't necessarily want a player. I would trade back a few spots and pick up an additional three or maybe a two.
              This. We need quantity of draft picks.

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tbonenc View Post
                Don't necessarily want a player. I would trade back a few spots and pick up an additional three or maybe a two.
                +1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Let's just do what the Boston Celtics did. Trade away your whole current roster so you can have about 9 first round draft picks in the next 6 years.
                  Assign infractions here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think having Clowney and JPP as our DE's would help alot our dline a lot. The OL can be quick fixed. If Clowney is there, I say we take him. The way the oline has played of late has given me hope. I think it will be harder to fix our defense.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think the Giants are so starved for talented players that they cannot afford the luxury of an early 1st round pick and should definitely trade the pick for more picks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        I think having Clowney and JPP as our DE's would help alot our dline a lot. The OL can be quick fixed. If Clowney is there, I say we take him. The way the oline has played of late has given me hope. I think it will be harder to fix our defense.
                        OL CANT BE QUICK FIXED YOU IDIOT... we need 3 1st round picks to fix that abomination... If we use FA to fix the OL we're going to end up with 3 Bass's...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                          I'm not sure I'd want Clowney. I just don't know what he has over other DE's in the league that would separate him so much.

                          I really like what I see in Jameis Winston. He just tore up Clemson the other night. Never seen such a mature and progressed young QB. I would love a QB like that in NY.

                          Don't get me wrong, I love Eli and the fact he's brought 50% of our Lombardi's back to NY, but at the same time ten years with the same QB with a personality like Eli's just tends to grow old and bland on you. I want someone to lead our team with passion, hype, and excitement. You don't really see that from Eli unless he's acting on SNL.
                          Famous Jameis is a freshman. If we did end up with the first pick in the draft (which we won't) he will not even be eligible to go into the draft.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lol. Any current players you would trade the first pick in the draft for?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Lol. Any current players you would trade the first pick in the draft for?
                              Jake Long, Doug Free, Andrew Whitworth, T.J. Lang

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X