Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I wish nights like this, we would see how bad Melo was and how good JR was, and give the ball to Smith and Let Melo take away a player or 2 over on the baseline, and let JR create his own shot, or dish it when someone else pops open. No need to give it to Melo on this night when he was pretty bad all night long.
    yea we seem to never go with the hot hand. melo was struggling as he was clearly hurting and not playing well in general (other than some great defensive plays)

seemed like his head wasn't in the game, like he was thinking about his injury or something. either way i give a ton of blame to woodson as usual. several times in this game down the stretch and even earlier in the game, after a timeout we would come out with a terrible iso play. a recall at least 2 or 3 times after a timeout where we either turned it over or just had an ugly iso play.

JR was clearly the hot hand. should have rode him down the stretch. also should have kept shump in for his defense.

also i hate chandler. dude is so lazy. constantly lets guards shoot right in his face. yes they are open and there isn't much he can do, but at least close out hard and pretend like you're going to block/contest the shot. instead he literally just gives up, doesn't close out or even raise his hands.

Comment

• also taking out stat for melo was a bad move. stat was starting to feel it and nobody on their team can guard him in the post 1 on 1. he's not a great defender but he actually jumps and tries to block people unlike chandler's lazy *** (who is also useless on offense)

Comment

• How could you guys fall for the same ol' ****. Same old Knicks. That was one they had to have no you can almost guarantee they will lose to Miami. This team pisses me off. I don't care if the Wizards are in the playoffs this year, this is a team that you should be able to beatdown and we lose to them everytime..just sickening.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• I went out last night so I didn't catch the game. All I have to say is WHAT THE ****!? Melo had like 100 TO's... right when we tie it up we **** the bed... I don't get this team at all
          sigpic
          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• the dream (or nightmare) is over..

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
              How could you guys fall for the same ol' ****. Same old Knicks....
              this. sadly, this.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• If the Hawks win this game Im going to lose it. As bad as we were if we snuck in we could of made it to the eastern conference finals

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  If the Hawks win this game Im going to lose it. As bad as we were if we snuck in we could of made it to the eastern conference finals
                  Exactly!! You see Beno Udrih ballin for the Grizz? He is playing well. Never really got a chance with the Knicks. He had to have been better than Felton
                  sigpic

Comment

• I all ready said, if they bring us back in only to destroy us once more by not making the playoffs, I was gonna lose it.. Thats exactly what they did. Actually got the playoff spot for a day, and even ended the yr on a 4game win strk includng the bulls and nets.. What a freaking disaster team.

What do you guys think of Steve Kerr being rumoured as our next HC?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                      I all ready said, if they bring us back in only to destroy us once more by not making the playoffs, I was gonna lose it.. Thats exactly what they did. Actually got the playoff spot for a day, and even ended the yr on a 4game win strk includng the bulls and nets.. What a freaking disaster team.

What do you guys think of Steve Kerr being rumoured as our next HC?
                      I think he will be good for what Phil is trying to do. He would most likely implement the triangle which would be really good (worked great with the scorers Kobe and Jordan) Kerr knows the game but hasn't coached. It will be interesting to see how he does if brought in. I think they should check out Lionel Hollins. He was a really good coach for the Grizz who coaches tough D. He didn't really have much of an offensive system so I don't think he would have any problem using the triangle. Both guys are pretty solid candidates imo
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                        I think he will be good for what Phil is trying to do. He would most likely implement the triangle which would be really good (worked great with the scorers Kobe and Jordan) Kerr knows the game but hasn't coached. It will be interesting to see how he does if brought in. I think they should check out Lionel Hollins. He was a really good coach for the Grizz who coaches tough D. He didn't really have much of an offensive system so I don't think he would have any problem using the triangle. Both guys are pretty solid candidates imo
                        I woulden't mind Kerr either. A darkhorse guy i'd like to approach is Mavericks AC Darrell Armstrong. People knew this guy was gonna be a HC 3yrs into his playing career. A true underdog who got the most outta his ability, had tremendous leadership qualities, and is not afraid to show some passion. He was all ready mentioned as a HC in waiting a couple yrs back.. Darrell Armstrong could be perfect for Phil Jackson, because Armstrong would have no problem hering him out, and doing whats nessecary for the better of the team.

Comment

• Knicks fans, I have a quick question for you. Let's say that the clippers get the hammer and all of their players and coaches become free agents, wouldn't it be a no brainer to go after Doc Rivers and CP3 instead of trying to bring Carmelo Anthony back? You get those two, you will matter a lot sooner than later.
                          sigpic

Comment

• What do u guys think of the Chicago rumors ? Personally i would do cartwheels if we are able to do a sign and trade with Melo. Boozer and both their 2014 picks #16 and #19 . Best case is Melo taking a pay cut but since we all know Melo isnt going to take 15-17 million to play here "I dont blame him" this is the next best thing.

Then we can trade Chandler for Draft picks , if Shumpert isnt being resigned trade him to , tank as much as we can for a top 5 pick. We then would have a nice core of young players on cheap deals so when we go into FA we have aa decent supporting cast. I want to see us win an NBA title some time in my lifetime and while Melo is a great player who have no shot at winning 1 if he is making 25 million. If we give him a max deal its over until hiis deal is done

Comment

• Carmelo Anthony reached out to obtain Pau Gasol's phone number to discuss the two playing for the Knicks.
                              This is one of the better signs for the Knicks that Melo is going to stay with them. Meanwhile, Gasol seems like he's willing to take a pay cut and could wind up with the Knicks, Thunder, Lakers or Spurs. Spanish teammate Jose Calderon also helps the Knicks' case and a deal could be done this weekend.

Source: Yahoo! Sports Jul 3 - 7:26 PM
                              Very interesting.. This is a good sign

Comment

• Idk why Lakers fans think that's Melo's number one choice. Delusional.

First of all, Kobe and Melo are the freaking same. They shoot..A LOT. They are going to spend more time on the court arguing than making plays.

Second of all, the Lakers are just as dysfunctional as the Knicks. Why the hell would he go to a dysfunctional team with an aging injured Kobe for less money, wtf? Lol
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X