Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Hardaway jr has to control himself that guy is a chucker. He has to do something other than shoot the ball every time he touches it, he is an awful defender , rebounder and passer. He was taking bad shots the whole summer league. Hoping Derek Fisher can mold him into an All around player . This team isnt going anywhere until they get players that can play both ends.
    The Knicks need another consistent scorer to go with Melo going forward though. Timmys getting better at being a all around scorer. He drives more often then he used to and has been successful doing it. Hes also a better FT shooter then Shump and JR. I don't think JR SMith is really in the future cards for the Knicks and Shump is not nearly consistent enough on offense. So yeah, you might get a better defender, but your getting less offense and less scoring ability, and consistency offensively, and JR Smith is really unreliable at the charity strike to boot.

Remember how awful the Knicks were at scoring the ball in the playoffs the yr before last? Well, Timmy most certainly would of helped that, and is only going into his 2nd yr as well, so hes young and still improving.

Aldrich, Dalembet, Jason Smith(solid defender, better then STAT and Bargs thats for sure), Early, Larkin(should become thief with steals) , Shump off bench(if he stays), are the defensive guys... TImmy is a primary scorer and the closest thing to LEbrons "dwade" that we have for Melo..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 07-20-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      The Knicks need another consistent scorer to go with Melo going forward though. Timmys getting better at being a all around scorer. He drives more often then he used to and has been successful doing it. Hes also a better FT shooter then Shump and JR. I don't think JR SMith is really in the future cards for the Knicks and Shump is not nearly consistent enough on offense. So yeah, you might get a better defender, but your getting less offense and less scoring ability, and consistency offensively, and JR Smith is really unreliable at the charity strike to boot.

Remember how awful the Knicks were at scoring the ball in the playoffs the yr before last? Well, Timmy most certainly would of helped that, and is only going into his 2nd yr as well, so hes young and still improving.

Aldrich, Dalembet, Jason Smith(solid defender, better then STAT and Bargs thats for sure), Larkin(should become thief with steals) , Shump off bench(if he stays), are the defensive guys... TImmy is a primary scorer and the closest thing to LEbrons "dwade" that we have for Melo..
      And Greak Freaks bro eventually as well will help on defense.

Comment

• Do the Knicks even have the success they've had in the SL without Timmy? He was basically the talk of the team.

Comment

• Shane Larkin with 7boards again yesterday.. Also added 3 steals.. Scored effecitvley also... Cleanthony looks great!

Comment

Aldrich, Dalembet, Jason Smith(solid defender, better then STAT and Bargs thats for sure), Early, Larkin(should become thief with steals) , Shump off bench(if he stays), are the defensive guys... TImmy is a primary scorer and the closest thing to LEbrons "dwade" that we have for Melo..
            The problem is scoring doesn't help if you give it up on the other end. Amare for example is an efficient and productive scorer but he gives up 5 more points then he scores per 48. Hardaway Jr for his talent offensively doesnt rebound and doesnt pass He had a game in the SL in 25 minutes where he scored 20 points with 0 rebounds, 0 assists, and 0 steals. Shumpert may not have the offensive game that Hardaway has but he defends enough to be a positive impact per 48.With a usage rate as high as Hardaway he has to facilitate. This isn't an ISO heavy offense anymore. The 2 Guard in the triangle is probably the most important position. The system doesnt use a ball dominate PG and the SG more often than not is initiating the offense. He has a lot of offensive talent but the Knicks need more from him. The Knicks are going to be capped out with Carmelo and whoever else they find to take a max deal in the near future, They need 1 of these kids to not only be good but be really good if they have any hope of competing for a championship. Hardaway has the shooting ability to be a 20ppg game scorer but can he gives the Knicks the all around game like he showed against CHA. That game was his lowest scoring output but my opinion his best game of the whole summer league. In 25 minutes he scored 17 points but shot 6-12 , 3-5 from 3 , 4 rebounds , 3 assists and 3 steals.That type of all around production is what the Knicks need from him. Especially for a team that is going to have a hard time rebounding. Id like to see Hardaway as the teams 6th man and maybe he will be. It really depends on what kind of line ups the Knicks throw at there. I still think they need to make a trade. This roster still lacks some balance , We really need to move Shumpert or JR and Bargs or Amare. We need a back up 3 and a 4 that can rebound.

Comment

• I think the team is far from complete.. The team does need more wing defenders though no doubt. There are rumors that Metta World Peace might be brought back for at least a camp invite. I would be all for that.. He knows the offense and Early (who they have said is like a sponge trying to learn all he can) could really benefit by getting some tips from Metta who was a stud defender in his prime.

Also it sounds like Shumpert is still on the trading block and so is J.R. I really would prefer to keep Shumpert because I think he could thrive in this offense because there is a lot of ball movement creating open shots and a lot of cuts to the basket where I think he thrives. Plus he is really one of the only good defenders the team has on the roster at the moment. I would be alright if Shumpert got dealt only if we could get rid of someone like Bargnani or Amare (even though both are off the books next season)

I do like the addition of Smith. He is going to be a good energy guy off the bench!

The roster looks like this off the top of my head

PG- Calderon, Larkin, Pablo
              SG- Shump, JR, Hardaway Jr, Brown, Ellington
              SF- Melo, Early, Greak Freak 2.0 (probably will go D-League or overseas though)
              PF- Amare, Bargnani, Jason Smith, Tyler
              C- Dalembert, Aldrich

Center and SF are the biggest question marks I think. Plus they need more defenders. There is an overload at SG so I definitely think someone is getting moved.

I am interested to see what Phil does next. I honestly think he is going to make a HUGE run at Marc Gasol next off-season. I think getting Pau would have made it a very high chance that we could get him. Calderon is really close with both the Gasol's so maybe he could convince Marc to sign next season. I read something that if JR doesn't come back next year they would be able to sign someone like Gasol next year and have quite a bit of cap room to sign some other quality guys. Bargnani and STAT are killing us right now with their salaries....

Phil really got a good trade for Felton and Chandler. Hopefully he can make a few more moves before the season and get some better balance on the roster and get a team that can really play well together.
              sigpic
              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
              __________________________________________________ ______
              Mock Draft
              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Nice video I found showing how the Knicks have run the triangle. Amare and Melo could be deadly with those mid-range jumper shots but they need to be able to pass if a cut is open

sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                Mock Draft
                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Larkin , Shumpert and Jr Smith are all available for trade per Ian Begly. I think JR Smith or Shumpert should be traded to balance out the roster some. I wonder if they plan on sending Early to the D League so he can get more minutes. The days of the Knicks playing players out of position appears over , Jackson seems to be intent on fixing the flawed structure of the Knicks as much as possible. Rumors are Hardaway Jr is virtually untouchable which means basically off limits unless you are coming with an All Star back. I think Jr Smith is going to have a good year for some reason so id be more inclined to deal Shumpert who may be easier to move anyway. Knicks may be better off holding off though. Both their trade values are as low as they can be.. Larkin isn't really the type of PG Phil likes for the triangle so I understand why they want to move him ,However I think Larkin can still be useful. Unless the Knicks get a first round pick are a better suited young pg i dont think id deal him

Comment

The problem is scoring doesn't help if you give it up on the other end. Amare for example is an efficient and productive scorer but he gives up 5 more points then he scores per 48. Hardaway Jr for his talent offensively doesnt rebound and doesnt pass He had a game in the SL in 25 minutes where he scored 20 points with 0 rebounds, 0 assists, and 0 steals. Shumpert may not have the offensive game that Hardaway has but he defends enough to be a positive impact per 48.With a usage rate as high as Hardaway he has to facilitate. This isn't an ISO heavy offense anymore. The 2 Guard in the triangle is probably the most important position. The system doesnt use a ball dominate PG and the SG more often than not is initiating the offense. He has a lot of offensive talent but the Knicks need more from him. The Knicks are going to be capped out with Carmelo and whoever else they find to take a max deal in the near future, They need 1 of these kids to not only be good but be really good if they have any hope of competing for a championship. Hardaway has the shooting ability to be a 20ppg game scorer but can he gives the Knicks the all around game like he showed against CHA. That game was his lowest scoring output but my opinion his best game of the whole summer league. In 25 minutes he scored 17 points but shot 6-12 , 3-5 from 3 , 4 rebounds , 3 assists and 3 steals.That type of all around production is what the Knicks need from him. Especially for a team that is going to have a hard time rebounding. Id like to see Hardaway as the teams 6th man and maybe he will be. It really depends on what kind of line ups the Knicks throw at there. I still think they need to make a trade. This roster still lacks some balance , We really need to move Shumpert or JR and Bargs or Amare. We need a back up 3 and a 4 that can rebound.
                    I fully understand what your saying but as a whole, there is a place for a one dimensional scorer(see monta ellis) in this league and always will be. I fully understand what your saying but those guys are needed to make a complete team. You want a mix of defenders, scorers, and mix of both. Look how good HOU is with James Harden. His defense is embaressing and he had HOU as a true contender. Yes I know Howard was there but he made very little difference with the Lakers and has his own weaknesses on the court. At least Timmy is long and a fairly long strider, which can help him guarding.

Comment

Larkin , Shumpert and Jr Smith are all available for trade per Ian Begly. I think JR Smith or Shumpert should be traded to balance out the roster some. I wonder if they plan on sending Early to the D League so he can get more minutes. The days of the Knicks playing players out of position appears over , Jackson seems to be intent on fixing the flawed structure of the Knicks as much as possible. Rumors are Hardaway Jr is virtually untouchable which means basically off limits unless you are coming with an All Star back. I think Jr Smith is going to have a good year for some reason so id be more inclined to deal Shumpert who may be easier to move anyway. Knicks may be better off holding off though. Both their trade values are as low as they can be.. Larkin isn't really the type of PG Phil likes for the triangle so I understand why they want to move him ,However I think Larkin can still be useful. Unless the Knicks get a first round pick are a better suited young pg i dont think id deal him
                      I'd be super hesitant to trade Larkin. He generates steals, can shoot the 3, pass, and for his size, he drives fairly well. I want to see him play a full season healthy. We really could of gotten a steal. Around draft time last yr, he was highly touted. That SL injury last yr derailed his season is all. I think he can fit well enough in a triangle.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                        I think the team is far from complete.. The team does need more wing defenders though no doubt. There are rumors that Metta World Peace might be brought back for at least a camp invite. I would be all for that.. He knows the offense and Early (who they have said is like a sponge trying to learn all he can) could really benefit by getting some tips from Metta who was a stud defender in his prime.

Also it sounds like Shumpert is still on the trading block and so is J.R. I really would prefer to keep Shumpert because I think he could thrive in this offense because there is a lot of ball movement creating open shots and a lot of cuts to the basket where I think he thrives. Plus he is really one of the only good defenders the team has on the roster at the moment. I would be alright if Shumpert got dealt only if we could get rid of someone like Bargnani or Amare (even though both are off the books next season)

I do like the addition of Smith. He is going to be a good energy guy off the bench!

The roster looks like this off the top of my head

PG- Calderon, Larkin, Pablo
                        SG- Shump, JR, Hardaway Jr, Brown, Ellington
                        SF- Melo, Early, Greak Freak 2.0 (probably will go D-League or overseas though)
                        PF- Amare, Bargnani, Jason Smith, Tyler
                        C- Dalembert, Aldrich

Center and SF are the biggest question marks I think. Plus they need more defenders. There is an overload at SG so I definitely think someone is getting moved.

I am interested to see what Phil does next. I honestly think he is going to make a HUGE run at Marc Gasol next off-season. I think getting Pau would have made it a very high chance that we could get him. Calderon is really close with both the Gasol's so maybe he could convince Marc to sign next season. I read something that if JR doesn't come back next year they would be able to sign someone like Gasol next year and have quite a bit of cap room to sign some other quality guys. Bargnani and STAT are killing us right now with their salaries....

Phil really got a good trade for Felton and Chandler. Hopefully he can make a few more moves before the season and get some better balance on the roster and get a team that can really play well together.
                        Definetly see them going heavy after Marc Gasol next yr. If they fail on getting him, I can see them go after Al Jefferson and/or Paul Milsap. Imagine signing Jefferson and Milsap? That would be a intriguing front court right there.

Comment

• How about this for a 2015 starting roster

C- Al Jefferson
                          PF- Paul Millsap
                          SF- Carmelo Anthony
                          SG- Timmy Hardaway Jr.
                          PG- Jose Calderon/Shane Larkin/1st rd pick?

Comment

How about this for a 2015 starting roster

C- Al Jefferson
                            PF- Paul Millsap
                            SF- Carmelo Anthony
                            SG- Timmy Hardaway Jr.
                            Have you ever watched surviving the game with ice t? Remember when they asked him how he felt when he "killed his family"? That's how I would feel about a lineup like that. It can definitely happen. In Phil I trust!
                            sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
                              Have you ever watched surviving the game with ice t? Remember when they asked him how he felt when he "killed his family"? That's how I would feel about a lineup like that. It can definitely happen. In Phil I trust!
                              Awesome Flick. Dont remember to much specifics from the film though. And yeah, I could totally see a team like that built behind Phil Jacksons leadership. It'd be our big 3 (Jefferson,Millsap,Anthony), plus god knows how good a scorer Timmy will be by then...

Comment

How about this for a 2015 starting roster

C- Al Jefferson
                                PF- Paul Millsap
                                SF- Carmelo Anthony
                                SG- Timmy Hardaway Jr.
                                I'd swap Jefferson with Marc Gasol..

Comment

Working...
                                X