Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    So glad Woodson benched JR for this game. It's about time he held JR accountable for his actions and play. Things like that help the whole team turn around.

    Dunno if this team is going anywhere, but at least it's now worth seeing if they can climb back to .500.

    If they hit anymore skids though before the trade deadline, it might be time to start moving pieces for assets.
    Agreed. Maybe it was JR's punk attitude thats held this team back since the infamous playoff series fiasco of last yr?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Still really stupid if they dont tear it down. There isnt enough talent on this roster and they arent going to get there paying Melo 28 million
      Alot of decisons coming up. How many more yrs with Stat and Chandler? We gotta be having some coin coming off the books in the next couple yrs, no?

      Comment


      • Knicks win again! Bonehead got some PT so hopefully he stops all the BS but it is JR Smith... it is almost a given that he will do something dumb eventually
        sigpic
        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
        ________________________________________________________
        Mock Draft
        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
        ________________________________________________________
        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

        Comment


        • Makes you wonder if health concerns (Chandler, Felton for example) didn't occur; would their current record be better?


          NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Alot of decisons coming up. How many more yrs with Stat and Chandler? We gotta be having some coin coming off the books in the next couple yrs, no?
            Stat has been great of late but its only a matter of time until his knee starts to bother him again. Everything depends on Melo and he needs to be the first domino to fall. My problem with Melo is winning is not the most important thing to him, he is not Lebron. Melos posturing himself to get the most money from the Knicks FO that is all. Unfortunately why Melo is a great player he is not worth 28 million a year at least on a blank slate cap. Now if we were resigning him as a birds right FA with are other pieces in place then paying him that would be fine but that isnt the case. When Melos signs this deal the knicks will be essentially be able to sign 1 max FA. The team will be capped out with Melo , Rondo "Example", Jr Smith, Felton, Hardaway, 2015 first rd pick ,You cant win a championship with that roster so what the hell is the point of doing that.
            I think Blake Griffin at 17 million a year is much better value to the Knicks especially on the trade market because he is signed through 2016 at a normal max contract. Melo becoming a FA gives the Knicks very few teams to where a trade can be worked out to. There are maybe 2 teams that would trade for Melo right now "with real compensation" while 10-15 would trade for Griffin. The money that Melo is set to make can only be absorbed by very few teams, 1 being the Clippers as they already have Chris Paul in place. Griffin however can be sent almost everywhere because the team receiving him isnt taking on the risk of him leaving, they also arent using almost half their cap space to keep him.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post

              i'm not sure about that. i would think melo has more trade value even though he's expiring. he's a legit top player in the league where blake simply is not,
              We will have to disagree on this I think you severely over estimate Melos worth around the NBA. The fact that keeping him will cost a team almost half their cap eliminates almost every team in the NBA. Im not just singling out Melo besides Lebron I wouldnt pay anyone 28 million unless i was using bird rights to go over the cap to keep him. If we had Chris Paul on the Knicks instead of Amare i wouldnt have as much of a problem paying Melo that deal. However with a clean cap its a totally different situation. There is no possible way other then Lebron signing in NY that signing Melo will allow the Knicks to seriously compete for a Title once he takes 28 million a year

              This is your choices
              Knicks plan
              1. paying melo 28 million dollars on a clean cap and being maxed out with Melo ,Felton,Hardaway, 1 Max FA, 2015 pick in the 20's or

              My Plan
              2. 2 Max FA's example "Rondo, Kevin Love," 2014 Lottery pick player, 2015 top 5 lottery pick player,rotation player under 25 acquired in griffin trade, Jr Smith,Felton, Hardaway,Shumpert.
              Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-12-2014, 10:59 AM.

              Comment


              • JR's game was .....soooooo right ,soooooo right .
                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  Alot of decisons coming up. How many more yrs with Stat and Chandler? We gotta be having some coin coming off the books in the next couple yrs, no?
                  A lot but this is my point Melos deal is a cap killer on a blank slate. if the caps 60 million and say 10 is gone from other players, u have 50 mil in cap space. Melo at 28 mil leaves us with 22 , Rondo 18 leaves us with 4, capped out. For a team like the Clippers that are already over the cap Melos deal just hits them in luxury tax not actual cap space. they already have good pieces in place that maxed them out. It will take us 2 seasons to get the periphery pieces in place to help Melo.

                  Now trading Melo and flipping Blake. Hopefully we trade Chandler, Felton , JR Smith any roster player we have for draft picks.

                  Say we trade Blake to the Cavs or Philly teams with young PG's and receive their 2014 first round pick. Maybe we get Julius Randle. We would be awful in 2015 , say we land a Center like Jahill Okafor .Now we have an outstanding young frontcourt. n the deal the Cavs throw in Dion Waiters a combo guard that can get 20 a game.

                  C Jahil Okafor

                  PF Julius Randle

                  SF Iman Shumpert

                  SG Dion Waiters

                  PG Raymond Felton


                  6th man JR Smith

                  7th man Hardaway

                  This would be a sample roster heading into the 2015 offseason flush with 43 million in cap space
                  Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-12-2014, 12:56 PM.

                  Comment


                  • redeye is obsessed with the idea that melo is demanding a max which is not the case.

                    you're stuck up on that as if there is no possibility of him taking less to stay with the knicks or even sign with another team.

                    back when the knicks first traded for him there were teams lining up to trade tons of value for him without even the guarantee of an extention. win now teams would give up far more for him even if only for half a season than they would blake despite him having years left on his contract. they are 2 players in different stratospheres in terms of talent, ability and what they bring to a team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      We will have to disagree on this I think you severely over estimate Melos worth around the NBA. The fact that keeping him will cost a team almost half their cap eliminates almost every team in the NBA. Im not just singling out Melo besides Lebron I wouldnt pay anyone 28 million unless i was using bird rights to go over the cap to keep him. If we had Chris Paul on the Knicks instead of Amare i wouldnt have as much of a problem paying Melo that deal. However with a clean cap its a totally different situation. There is no possible way other then Lebron signing in NY that signing Melo will allow the Knicks to seriously compete for a Title once he takes 28 million a year

                      This is your choices
                      Knicks plan
                      1. paying melo 28 million dollars on a clean cap and being maxed out with Melo ,Felton,Hardaway, 1 Max FA, 2015 pick in the 20's or

                      My Plan
                      2. 2 Max FA's example "Rondo, Kevin Love," 2014 Lottery pick player, 2015 top 5 lottery pick player,rotation player under 25 acquired in griffin trade, Jr Smith,Felton, Hardaway,Shumpert.
                      again you're making it black and white. pay melo a max or trade him. the reality is there are far more scenarios. melo taking less to stay a knick, taking less to sign with a contender. knicks doing a sign n trade with him getting less than a max but the 5th year due to the bird rights. etc etc etc. many many scenarios.

                      it's not just knicks pay melo a max and therefore can't build around him, or trade him. there are many more possibilities.

                      you severely underestimate melo's value around the league.

                      Comment


                      • I am going to be going to the Knicks vs Grizzlies game in Memphis I believe February 18th. The tickets were a b-day present and just got them today. One of my Dads good buddies is a Co-owner so he hooked us up with court side seats next to the Knicks bench! I haven't been to a NBA game in like 10 years so I am really excited because I was like 9 or 10 when I went to my last one. Hopefully they can keep playing well and pull out a W.

                        I am gonna have to keep growing out the flattop and wear my Shump jersey haha
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                          again you're making it black and white. pay melo a max or trade him. the reality is there are far more scenarios. melo taking less to stay a knick, taking less to sign with a contender. knicks doing a sign n trade with him getting less than a max but the 5th year due to the bird rights. etc etc etc. many many scenarios.

                          it's not just knicks pay melo a max and therefore can't build around him, or trade him. there are many more possibilities.

                          you severely underestimate melo's value around the league.
                          We will disagree again I think u overvalue him. I dont think there are many teams that would take him on at his age and his salary.

                          I think the only way he stays on the Knicks is if we pay him a total max deal thats what all his posturing about. Carmelo will choose money in NY over winning in NY.The only sitation I see Melo taking less than a super max deal is LA to play with Lebron and or Kobe. Melo will never take a normal max deal and try to build a team in NY , it will never happen, I know this because the guy gut are whole roster 3 years ago to get his money he will do the same
                          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Do you guys think JR will start playing well again or will he go back to being a bonehead?
                            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              Do you guys think JR will start playing well again or will he go back to being a bonehead?
                              He said the benching taught him a lesson. We shall see.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                                Do you guys think JR will start playing well again or will he go back to being a bonehead?
                                History says he'll go back to being a bonehead.
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X