Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    A lot but this is my point Melos deal is a cap killer on a blank slate. if the caps 60 million and say 10 is gone from other players, u have 50 mil in cap space. Melo at 28 mil leaves us with 22 , Rondo 18 leaves us with 4, capped out. For a team like the Clippers that are already over the cap Melos deal just hits them in luxury tax not actual cap space. they already have good pieces in place that maxed them out. It will take us 2 seasons to get the periphery pieces in place to help Melo.

Now trading Melo and flipping Blake. Hopefully we trade Chandler, Felton , JR Smith any roster player we have for draft picks.

Say we trade Blake to the Cavs or Philly teams with young PG's and receive their 2014 first round pick. Maybe we get Julius Randle. We would be awful in 2015 , say we land a Center like Jahill Okafor .Now we have an outstanding young frontcourt. n the deal the Cavs throw in Dion Waiters a combo guard that can get 20 a game.

C Jahil Okafor

PF Julius Randle

SF Iman Shumpert

SG Dion Waiters

PG Raymond Felton

6th man JR Smith

7th man Hardaway

This would be a sample roster heading into the 2015 offseason flush with 43 million in cap space
    Thats very intresting. I personally agree with you about letting Melo go.. The only way i'll change my mind is if the knicks somehow are true contenders this yr. Not making the 2nd rd of the postseason but truly contending. Otherwise, i agree, lets start over with trades and right this ship with younger players for a change..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      History says he'll go back to being a bonehead.
      Hopefully this is not the case
      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        He said the benching taught him a lesson. We shall see.
        It really is a damn shame cause he is talented
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• JR is a million times better when he drives first instead of shooting jumpers. If he gets a few dunks or layups he gets in a groove causes the D to sag off more which opens up the jumper more.

Felton is either on fire or really bad I swear. He makes head scratching passes sometimes.... Murray is playing well though.

Melo might need to go off tonight
          sigpic
          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• Right when I say that about Felton he makes a really nice bounce pass to AB77
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              We will disagree again I think u overvalue him. I dont think there are many teams that would take him on at his age and his salary.

I think the only way he stays on the Knicks is if we pay him a total max deal thats what all his posturing about. Carmelo will choose money in NY over winning in NY.The only sitation I see Melo taking less than a super max deal is LA to play with Lebron and or Kobe. Melo will never take a normal max deal and try to build a team in NY , it will never happen, I know this because the guy gut are whole roster 3 years ago to get his money he will do the same
              melo gutted the roster to get his money? lol you're too much bro. not even worth explaining.

Comment

• Barbosa is a career Knick killer..

Comment

• Boo-Yah.. Ray Ray!!!

Comment

• Total crap call..... All ball

Comment

• That foul was terrible... Felton is getting absolutely toasted on D tonight. He did hit the big 3 though... OT here we come
                      sigpic

Comment

• K-Mart!! Gorilla Jam!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          K-Mart!! Gorilla Jam!!!!!
                          +1 and nice feed to Melo the possession before!
                          sigpic
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Mock Draft
                          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Damn so many chances to put this away! C'mon finish them!
                            sigpic
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Knicks battling against the suns right now.. Melo with 16rebounds. Turnovers have plaqued us tonight, or we'd have this one over all ready. Hopefully, we can hang on. Were rebounding great tonight. Like 5or6 guys with 6or more bounds tonight so far..

Comment

• Man, so many chances to make one more hoop and end this one. Now Suns have 3secs to hit a 3 and tie it. I'm so nervous! They are resembling a team again, and doing this without Tyson Chandler.. 5in a row would be sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X