Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Knicks are back!!
    Lmao The Knicks are really killing me... I hear they are interested in Jimmer.... good shooter w/ no defense. Still probably better than Felton
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Nothing will ever change with this franchise until all the stock Brokers and celebrities stop paying those ridiculous ticket prices. I want to see a winner so bad. I makes me so crazy how mismanaged this franchise is. Even when the obvious stares them in the face they dont make the right call.

Melo is a great player but there is no way in hell save for Lebron James forcing his way to NY that you can build a title team around him with the Knicks cap situation. Now if the Knicks had a bunch of young talent and traded for Melo while they were already over the cap then yes it could work. You can not build a team starting from scratch paying anyone but James or Durant 23 million a year.

Its not hard to do the Math. If the cap is say 60 million and you have JR Smith ,Felton, Prigs, and Hardaway taking 12 million plus a Shumpert qualifying offer at 4 million, thats 16 million Melo gets 23 million thats 39 million , the 2015 first round pick lets say is the 6th pick n the draft thats 2.5 million. Now we are up to 41.5 million on 7 players . 1 max deal is all the Knicks have cap space for, Now granted they would have a full MLE to use but right there its your team.

Unless that number 6 pick turns out to be a dominate All NBA Center the Knicks would have absolutely no chance of winning. This is why I dont understand why we didnt clean house for draft picks. We could of rebuilt the entire team in 1 season. Removed the stink from the garden once and for all.

Comment

• Knicks to sign Shannon Brown too I read. I can't post a link bc i am on my phone... I like that pick up I guess. Athletic and can play pretty good D. Good energy guy off the bench
        sigpic
        Mock Draft
        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          I disagree about the picks look at the Pacers. You can build a good team through the draft if your patient, the Knicks arent
          You can add the spurs and thunder to that list too. Free agency worked for miami. Either way works. I get that. I am just saying that the nets way could work too.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
            You can add the spurs and thunder to that list too. Free agency worked for miami. Either way works. I get that. I am just saying that the nets way could work too.
            free agency only worked for miami because lebron, wade and bosh all colluded (illegal) to join together and take pay cuts. very rare instance that will likely never be duplicated (in fact i'm certain it won't due to the rules in the new CBA)

Comment

• I am going to watch this Knicks vs Heat game... I hope I don't regret watching it..
              sigpic
              Mock Draft

Comment

• Shannon Brown can at least bring in some good fast break play. He has major bounce
                sigpic
                Mock Draft

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                  I am going to watch this Knicks vs Heat game... I hope I don't regret watching it..
                  so far yuck

I'll say this though:
                  It's time to dump the "thugs" and get some "blue-collar lunch bucket" types... you see what the Bulls are doing? Freakin' unreal.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                    so far yuck

I'll say this though:
                    It's time to dump the "thugs" and get some "blue-collar lunch bucket" types... you see what the Bulls are doing? Freakin' unreal.
                    Yeah I agree. We need to get some guys who play some ****ing defense. This defense awful
                    sigpic
                    Mock Draft

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Nothing will ever change with this franchise until all the stock Brokers and celebrities stop paying those ridiculous ticket prices. I want to see a winner so bad. I makes me so crazy how mismanaged this franchise is. Even when the obvious stares them in the face they dont make the right call.

Melo is a great player but there is no way in hell save for Lebron James forcing his way to NY that you can build a title team around him with the Knicks cap situation. Now if the Knicks had a bunch of young talent and traded for Melo while they were already over the cap then yes it could work. You can not build a team starting from scratch paying anyone but James or Durant 23 million a year.

Its not hard to do the Math. If the cap is say 60 million and you have JR Smith ,Felton, Prigs, and Hardaway taking 12 million plus a Shumpert qualifying offer at 4 million, thats 16 million Melo gets 23 million thats 39 million , the 2015 first round pick lets say is the 6th pick n the draft thats 2.5 million. Now we are up to 41.5 million on 7 players . 1 max deal is all the Knicks have cap space for, Now granted they would have a full MLE to use but right there its your team.

Unless that number 6 pick turns out to be a dominate All NBA Center the Knicks would have absolutely no chance of winning. This is why I dont understand why we didnt clean house for draft picks. We could of rebuilt the entire team in 1 season. Removed the stink from the garden once and for all.
                      Yeah, but they don't have to get a Max player. I don't think that cap situation is as bad as you think. 7players under contract plus a top 10 pick in the draft and you still got money for a Max player? Whats wrong with that? The problem is the knicks won't get into that situation. They'll make dumb trades and sign the wrong guys.

Comment

• This is disgusting
                        sigpic
                        Mock Draft

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                          This is disgusting
                          they are who they thought they were!!!

Comment

• Why does Murray get no playing time. Felton has 2 felony charges against him and he is starting... he sucks to go on top of that. Murray is more athletic and better on defense. I don't see Woodson's thought process...
                            sigpic
                            Mock Draft

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              they are who they thought they were!!!
                              LOL
                              sigpic
                              Mock Draft

Comment

• this is some doo-doo complete with stains and skid marks

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X