Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Knicks are playing well. If they somehow manage to sneak into the playoffs that would be a miracle... but unfortunately I think they are just trying to suck me into watching them on a regular basis again just to drive me insane lol
    so loyal and yet, we've seen this "flick" before...deja vu' all over again, cic Yogi Berra

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• Man, Just watched Celts/Pelicans(money on the over), and let me tell you, i'd take Anthony Davis over any other person in this league. 40pts 15reb 3blk in regulation. Hes got a outside jumper as well. Hes flat out dominating, and i'd take him over Lebron James, Kevin Durant, or Steph Curry..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Man, Just watched Celts/Pelicans(money on the over), and let me tell you, i'd take Anthony Davis over any other person in this league. 40pts 15reb 3blk in regulation. Hes got a outside jumper as well. Hes flat out dominating, and i'd take him over Lebron James, Kevin Durant, or Steph Curry..
        whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there.

Maybe over LeBron because LeBron is getting old...but Durant? STEPH CURRY? bro..
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Man, Just watched Celts/Pelicans(money on the over), and let me tell you, i'd take Anthony Davis over any other person in this league. 40pts 15reb 3blk in regulation. Hes got a outside jumper as well. Hes flat out dominating, and i'd take him over Lebron James, Kevin Durant, or Steph Curry..
          love ya man but are doing lines?

Steph's a pure shooter and from the backcourt at that, LBJ is a beast, even though I am not his fan, KD aka The Servant is also a pure b-ball player in a tall lean frame...nothing against the kid Davis, he is nice and all but he has to play at that high level for a few more seasons IMO.

(Also Lemarcus Aldridge is nice too)

Comment

• Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
            love ya man but are doing lines?

Steph's a pure shooter and from the backcourt at that, LBJ is a beast, even though I am not his fan, KD aka The Servant is also a pure b-ball player in a tall lean frame...nothing against the kid Davis, he is nice and all but he has to play at that high level for a few more seasons IMO.

(Also Lemarcus Aldridge is nice too)
            I'm taking everything into consideration. Age included. And you obviously haven't seen how much this guys improved. Skys the limit for this kid, and he dominates unlike any other player i've seen in some time. He reminds me of Wilt Chamberilin, when Wilt was playing with guys who simply coulden't defend him. This guy can go outside, jump outta the gym, run the break, shoots FT pretty well, blocks tons of shots, rebounds like a madman, shoots a high PCT..etc There is nothing he can't do, and hes just tipping the iceberg.
            Last edited by nycsportzfan; 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• davis is on track to potentially become the best PF in the league... injuries are his only real issue. he still needs to add some more weight to his frame. i'm not sure if i would take him over any other player, but if i was going to build a franchise from scratch he would certainly be a guy i'd consider.

Comment

• lol, that's what New Orleans did.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                  davis is on track to potentially become the best PF in the league... injuries are his only real issue. he still needs to add some more weight to his frame. i'm not sure if i would take him over any other player, but if i was going to build a franchise from scratch he would certainly be a guy i'd consider.
                  I doubt Durant would leave but I think Davis and Durant are UFA's in the same offseason. We have cap room in 2015 but the year you want cap space is actually 2016. I hope the Knicks dont do anything stupid and spend the money on players that arent worth it when Durant ,Lebron, and Davis are all FA;s. You know Davis is leaving

Comment

• The Phil Jackson hire only means something if Dolan sits in a room and writes checks and nothing else. I think this is just a money grab by Phil but if he keeps Dolan from meddling the Knicks have to be better off.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                      davis is on track to potentially become the best PF in the league... injuries are his only real issue. he still needs to add some more weight to his frame. i'm not sure if i would take him over any other player, but if i was going to build a franchise from scratch he would certainly be a guy i'd consider.
                      Yeah, I was pretty much thinking in terms of picking a player to start a franchise with everything in consideration. Hes only 21 is crazy. THis kids incredible.

Comment

• If i'm starting a franchise, this would be the top 5 in order i'd pick..

1). Anthony Davis PF/C
                        2). Kevin Durant SF/PF
                        3). LeBron
                        4). Steph Curry
                        5). James Harden

Hon Mention- Paul George, Damian Lillard, and John Wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          The Phil Jackson hire only means something if Dolan sits in a room and writes checks and nothing else. I think this is just a money grab by Phil but if he keeps Dolan from meddling the Knicks have to be better off.
                          I don't think it's a money grab by Phil since it's a 5 year deal. That's a pretty long term commitment to make for money that you don't need.

I think he sees this as a chance to possibly solidify himself as the most impactful figure in the history of the game, and a chance to be the only person to ever win championships as a player, coach and Exec.

--- Correction, Pat Riley has already done that, but he and Phil have always been rivals and I think Phil wants to overtake him in that category.
                          Last edited by TrueBlue@NYC; 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                            I don't think it's a money grab by Phil since it's a 5 year deal. That's a pretty long term commitment to make for money that you don't need.

I think he sees this as a chance to possibly solidify himself as the most impactful figure in the history of the game, and a chance to be the only person to ever win championships as a player, coach and Exec.

--- Correction, Pat Riley has already done that, but he and Phil have always been rivals and I think Phil wants to overtake him in that category.
                            Not to mention, he started off as a Knick. I think as a player is where your fondest moments come from, and obviously for Phil, thats the Knicks. On top of that, hes always hering about only winning with Kobe and Jordan and Shaq, so a bit of a driving force may be trying to show he can win without em as well.

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty much thinking in terms of picking a player to start a franchise with everything in consideration. Hes only 21 is crazy. THis kids incredible.
                              i remember watching him in the olympics and being very impressed.

Comment

• Imagine if Phil somehow orchestrates a Title for NY ?

He would have done so in the 3 largest Markets...quite a feather for one's cap.

(NY Giants off-season so far: Solid A...now get us a legit edge rusher on D and we'll be set)

Comment

Working...
                                X