Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

A lot of my friends that I know came from very hard working parents. Just to let you know, all the parents are conservatives but the kids are all liberals. Yet anytime we have an outing, or we go out,
    to this day, the parents pay for them and some of them are older than me!!

So if you are so independant minded, why are you still having your parents pay for you? It just seems
    to me that it is "cool" to be a liberal without really knowing what the hell your standing up for.....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Yup agreed. The left are just a bunch of freaks. They just want to have their say and when things go wrong they point at someone else. There was this one cartoon I saw where a liberal was protesting our
      military and then the next picture it showed us getting invaded and the same protester was frightened and mad why our military wasn't doing enough to protect him....

That pretty much sums it up...

[/quote]Agreed. The funniest thingI find is the rich white folks (like Providence). I was getting ready to deploy to the gulf right prior to the war, and at a neighborhood association meeting, I heard one of my neighbors getting ready to go protest that weekend. I wanted to slap the reech beach! I asked if she realized we were attacked for the first time since pearl harbor? The bottom line is however, is that I rarely meet an average american who doesn't feel how we feel. I've had TSA agents, rental caremployees, airlines, grocers, allthank me when I used to show them my ID.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]A lot of my friends that I know came from very hard working parents. Just to let you know, all the parents are conservatives but the kids are all liberals. Yet anytime we have an outing, or we go out,
        to this day, the parents pay for them and some of them are older than me!!

So if you are so independant minded, why are you still having your parents pay for you? It just seems
        to me that it is "cool" to be a liberal without really knowing what the hell your standing up for.....

[/quote]It's easy to be "open minded" when your priveledged. My mom was a substitute teacher when I was growing up, she's now a director at Deutche Bank. For guys like us we really don't see a whole lot of return on investment on what we give the Feds/State. I invest 10% of my salary in my companies 401K and then invest another 15% on my own, because I don't expect the state to take care of me. AG, you would love the novels from Ayn Rand.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Agreed. The funniest thingI find is the rich white folks (like Providence). I was getting ready to deploy to the gulf right prior to the war, and at a neighborhood association meeting, I heard one of my neighbors getting ready to go protest that weekend. I wanted to slap the reech beach! I asked if she realized we were attacked for the first time since pearl harbor? The bottom line is however, is that I rarely meet an average american who doesn't feel how we feel. I've had TSA agents, rental caremployees, airlines, grocers, allthank me when I used to show them my ID.[/quote]

That's sad to hear that but good to hear people thanking you, I bet you it means a lot when you
          hear that from people.....If I could do it again, I think I would try to do something military related.

A friend of mine graduated from Annapolis so that was cool.

Unfortunately my best friend got jipped trying to get into West Point. He actually made it to
          the top 2 and some stupid girl from our school who was fat and out of shape decided one day
          she wanted to go to West Point. She didn't do that well in the physical but because her SAT was
          1300 she made it and my friend who ACED the physical got jipped. Meanwhile his SAT was 1100.

So you're telling me you'd rather be saved in the battle field by a short chubby girl than my buddy?
          Also, here's the worse part, after she got accepted, she decided to turn it down!!

But my friend was already getting ready to go to another school at this point...so she basically f** him over...

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]It's easy to be "open minded" when your priveledged. My mom was a substitute teacher when I was growing up, she's now a director at Deutche Bank. For guys like us we really don't see a whole lot of return on investment on what we give the Feds/State. I invest 10% of my salary in my companies 401K and then invest another 15% on my own, because I don't expect the state to take care of me. AG, you would love the novels from Ayn Rand.[/quote]

EXACTLY, i've been trying to get that point across to a lot of people. When you get whatever you want and never really get to see how things are, you almost feel like you have to be a liberal, almost as if you needed to build credence to yourself in someway...some people get it and some don't...oh well...

I never heard of Ayn Rand but I haven't read a novel since high school...lol....

Perhaps if my company does well and I have a lot of time I can do that...right now it's scratching
            and begging just to get my business off the ground....

Comment

Unfortunately my best friend got jipped trying to get into West Point. He actually made it to
              the top 2 and some stupid girl from our school who was fat and out of shape decided one day
              she wanted to go to West Point. She didn't do that well in the physical but because her SAT was
              1300 she made it and my friend who ACED the physical got jipped. Meanwhile his SAT was 1100.

So you're telling me you'd rather be saved in the battle field by a short chubby girl than my buddy?
              Also, here's the worse part, after she got accepted, she decided to turn it down!!

But my friend was already getting ready to go to another school at this point...so she basically f** him over...

[/quote]Unfortunately, politcal correctness has invaded itself into our military. I could tell some stories. On the same token, my finacee is currently in the military and she works her *** off and deserves everything she gets. And also the scales for male vs female (for physical) are way skewed. For me to maximize my 1.5 mile run, I had to do it in 8:15 under age 26. A female was something like 11:00. I'm sorry but that is a skewed scale. 1.5 miles in 8:15 is top athlete type shape, so a female same age group should be the same. Me, I hated the run, getting my 215# less than 10:00 was a feat!

Comment

I never heard of Ayn Rand but I haven't read a novel since high school...lol....

Perhaps if my company does well and I have a lot of time I can do that...right now it's scratching
                and begging just to get my business off the ground....
                [/quote]Hell get the book on tape. Ayn Rand, the Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged. She wrote these books in 1950, but they are so America today.</P>

According to Rand, an individual "must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own rational self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life."</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Unfortunately, politcal correctness has invaded itself into our military. I could tell some stories. On the same token, my finacee is currently in the military and she works her *** off and deserves everything she gets. And also the scales for male vs female (for physical) are way skewed. For me to maximize my 1.5 mile run, I had to do it in 8:15 under age 26. A female was something like 11:00. I'm sorry but that is a skewed scale. 1.5 miles in 8:15 is top athlete type shape, so a female same age group should be the same. Me, I hated the run, getting my 215# less than 10:00 was a feat![/quote]

I hate PC!! I really do, there's a place for it and with the military I think it should be equal.

If you're at war and some thug is going to get into a brawl with you, he's not going to stab you any
                  lesser because you're a female. If the female groups are such advocates for equality than they
                  should also man up and say, "Well if we can get in, we need to be treated EXACTLY the same.."

Not this BS of being part of the "team" but not doing as much to be part of the team....

Comment

You and I are kickn butt!</P>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>1) mjg407 (45) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>2) mjg407 (45) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>3) AsianGiant (43) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>4) AsianGiant (43) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>5) ManningBowl (37) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>6) ManningBowl (37) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>7) Shockey+Manning=Shocking (23) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>8) Shockey+Manning=Shocking (23) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>9) gibril28wilson (21) </DIV>
                    <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>10) Zodiac_Blue (21) </DIV>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

Hell get the book on tape. Ayn Rand, the Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged. She wrote these books in 1950, but they are so America today.</p>

According to Rand, an individual "must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own rational self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life."</p>[/quote]

OOHH I like that!! Do you have it in audio so I can listen to is on my commute?

Comment

I hate PC!! I really do, there's a place for it and with the military I think it should be equal.

If you're at war and some thug is going to get into a brawl with you, he's not going to stab you any
                        lesser because you're a female. If the female groups are such advocates for equality than they
                        should also man up and say, "Well if we can get in, we need to be treated EXACTLY the same.."

Not this BS of being part of the "team" but not doing as much to be part of the team....
                        [/quote]The good females feel that way. They don't ask for priveldges, etc. Some try so hard, they don't draw the line when they should. I'm really sensitive to what is said around anyone, and I myself really remain so sedated in what I will say, or what jokes I will tell in the workplace, which, bottom line, makes me a better person.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

You and I are kickn butt!</p>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">1) mjg407 (45) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">2) mjg407 (45) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">3) AsianGiant (43) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">4) AsianGiant (43) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">5) ManningBowl (37) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">6) ManningBowl (37) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">7) Shockey+Manning=Shocking (23) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">8) Shockey+Manning=Shocking (23) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">9) gibril28wilson (21) </div>
                          <div class="CommonSidebarContentItem">10) Zodiac_Blue (21) </div>[/quote]

Yeah JG was actually #1 today and now she's not even on the list. I told her to enjoy it
                          because it won't last very long....hahaha...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

Hell get the book on tape. Ayn Rand, the Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged. She wrote these books in 1950, but they are so America today.</P>

According to Rand, an individual "must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own rational self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life."</P>[/quote]

OOHH I like that!! Do you have it in audio so I can listen to is on my commute?
                            [/quote]I would just get either the Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged on tape. It's amazing. The only damn thing my ex ever did for me was introduce me to this author. I sure you could order the CDs from Amazon.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

You and I are kickn butt!</P>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>1) mjg407 (45) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>2) mjg407 (45) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>3) AsianGiant (43) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>4) AsianGiant (43) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>5) ManningBowl (37) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>6) ManningBowl (37) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>7) Shockey+Manning=Shocking (23) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>8) Shockey+Manning=Shocking (23) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>9) gibril28wilson (21) </DIV>
                              <DIV class=CommonSidebarContentItem>10) Zodiac_Blue (21) </DIV>[/quote]

Yeah JG was actually #1 today and now she's not even on the list. I told her to enjoy it
                              because it won't last very long....hahaha...

[/quote]I think she zoned off in the euphoria of "butts" earlier. Either that or our "heated" debate made her go away.

Comment

more on Ayn Rand's writings:</P>

Rand decried the initiation of force and fraud, and believed that government had a responsibility to protect its citizens both from criminal behavior and foreign hostility (economic and military). Some have described her politics as minarchism and libertarianism, though she never used the first term and disavowed any connection to the second.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-1>[2]</SUP></P>

Rand, a self-described hero-worshiper, stated in the Romantic Manifesto that the goal of her writing was "the projection of an ideal man." In reference to Objectivism, she said the following: "My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." - Ayn Rand, Appendix to Atlas Shrugged</P>

</P>

She basically shows how a liberal thought process destroys the country (can't remember what book)</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X