Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Ohhh the Knicks won....shall we crown them now and make Curry MVP?
    [/quote]</p>

Hey AG- What kind of work do you do? From reading past posts, I can tell you own your own computer business but what aspect do you work in? Did you major in computer science in college?</p>[/quote]

My company provides remote network management. We are also beginning to do temperature monitoring and alerting. Comp Sci was my major in college, yes. But it really has nothing to do with
    what we do. Actually I take that back, there's a ton of programming, it took us 3 years to build our systems from the ground up, but all of it was work done by figuring things out and what I learned in school really didn't offer much more.

But stay in school kids!!! (whoever is reading this) []

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Ohhh the Knicks won....shall we crown them now and make Curry MVP?
      [/quote]

Crown their *****!
      Whenever I watch...they win....or maybe it just seems like that.
      Watch today...all the knick fans will celebrate....the dream for the playoffs are still alive.....[+o(]

lol....has anyone seen this site?

A-Rod hates boo's

Comment

How's the job search going?

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Ohhh the Knicks won....shall we crown them now and make Curry MVP?
          [/quote]

Crown their *****!
          Whenever I watch...they win....or maybe it just seems like that.
          Watch today...all the knick fans will celebrate....the dream for the playoffs are still alive.....[+o(]

lol....has anyone seen this site?

A-Rod hates boo's
          [/quote]

hahaha, projectA13...

Did you hear about the divorce in Steinbrenner camp? I guess Swindle isn't going to run the show
          afterall...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
            hahaha, projectA13...

Did you hear about the divorce in Steinbrenner camp? I guess Swindle isn't going to run the show
            afterall...

[/quote]

I heard! Drama! I guess everything changes now!
            So I guess one of George's sons will take over? Which one does he like the most?

Comment

Did anyone get Microsoft Windows Vista? Is it really a big difference from XP?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]How's the job search going?
                [/quote]</P>

Its going slow. I have to pass three tests to get my teaching license. I passed the first two and have taken the third and find out next Friday if I passed. I don't think I did. I have been studying to take the test again in May. If I passed I will apply for afull time teaching position for the Fall. In the meantime, I am trying to get some substitute experience but it is your typical bureaucratic process. I was supposed to find out two weeks ago if I got a spot but they are dragging their feet and it is driving me nuts. I have passed their test and two interviews, they have checked my references and I am just waiting for them to complete a background check on me. "Any day now" is what Ihave beentold every day for two weeks now[:@]!!! Oh well, It gives me plenty of time to study, in case I didn't pass this last test. The funny thing is I don't even want to teach for that long, maybe a couple of years to get some experience, then go back to schooland get my masters in education administration, hopefully, becoming a principal down the road.Thats the long and short of it!</P>

It must be rewarding being part of a new company that youstarted. Where did you go to school?</P>

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Did anyone get Microsoft Windows Vista? Is it really a big difference from XP?
                  [/quote]

It's pretty looking but a memory hog. And you'd be lucky if half the applications you like to use
                  even work on it. My friend just bought a new Dell with it, they won't sell him XP, it has to
                  come with Vista and his programs don't work on it.

I say, wait atleast a year, because you don't want to be the guinea pig!!

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

I heard! Drama! I guess everything changes now!
                    So I guess one of George's sons will take over? Which one does he like the most?
                    [/quote]

I have no clue but it seems Swindle was the buffer between Joe and Brian, he helped smooth
                    things out from what I heard. This is going to be very very interesting....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Did anyone get Microsoft Windows Vista? Is it really a big difference from XP?
                      [/quote]

It's pretty looking but a memory hog. And you'd be lucky if half the applications you like to use
                      even work on it. My friend just bought a new Dell with it, they won't sell him XP, it has to
                      come with Vista and his programs don't work on it.

I say, wait atleast a year, because you don't want to be the guinea pig!!
                      [/quote]

Really? Ew.....never mind then....I was thinking of upgrading....but forget that

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]How's the job search going?
                        [/quote]</p>

Its going slow. I have to pass three tests to get my teaching license. I passed the first two and have taken the third and find out next Friday if I passed. I don't think I did. I have been studying to take the test again in May. If I passed I will apply for afull time teaching position for the Fall. In the meantime, I am trying to get some substitute experience but it is your typical bureaucratic process. I was supposed to find out two weeks ago if I got a spot but they are dragging their feet and it is driving me nuts. I have passed their test and two interviews, they have checked my references and I am just waiting for them to complete a background check on me. "Any day now" is what Ihave beentold every day for two weeks now[:@]!!! Oh well, It gives me plenty of time to study, in case I didn't pass this last test. The funny thing is I don't even want to teach for that long, maybe a couple of years to get some experience, then go back to schooland get my masters in education administration, hopefully, becoming a principal down the road.Thats the long and short of it!</p>

It must be rewarding being part of a new company that youstarted. Where did you go to school?</p>[/quote]

Oh wow, well all I can say is patience and keep chugging at it. I am 100% positive you will get a teaching job somewhere especially with how things are today. And definitely make yourself better in the meantime so you are sharp when they ring you up and have a place for you.
                        Being Principal sounds pretty fun actually, I have no idea what kind of ladder you have to climb but my friend in high school, her dad was our principal so it was kinda weird.
                        Like imagine going over to her house to hang out and there's the principal....kinda awkward!!!

Comment

Really? Ew.....never mind then....I was thinking of upgrading....but forget that
                          [/quote]

Oh no!! Never ever upgrade. It's probably one of the worst things you can do.

If you are thinking of getting a new PC, then get one that has the hardware that was meant
                          for Vista. And EVEN the machines made for Vista are having trouble!!!

I will eventually go the Vista route but probably not for a full year or maybe two. They finally
                          made XP pretty solid. Now, if you want the pretty colors, there's a program that I used awhile
                          back called WindowBlinds. For $20, it looks and feels like you are using Vista without actually
                          having it.

It has a bunch of themes and one of them is Apple. So my PC for awhile looked just like an Apple.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

[/quote]

Oh no!! Never ever upgrade. It's probably one of the worst things you can do.

If you are thinking of getting a new PC, then get one that has the hardware that was meant
                            for Vista. And EVEN the machines made for Vista are having trouble!!!

I will eventually go the Vista route but probably not for a full year or maybe two. They finally
                            made XP pretty solid. Now, if you want the pretty colors, there's a program that I used awhile
                            back called WindowBlinds. For $20, it looks and feels like you are using Vista without actually
                            having it.

It has a bunch of themes and one of them is Apple. So my PC for awhile looked just like an Apple.
                            [/quote]

Oh really? I didn't even know that!
                            I believe you can upgrade via download...and I was gonna do that. Good thing I didn't! lol
                            How is it that the machines are having problems with Vista? I didn't realize specific hardware is needed or might be helpful for it to run efficiently

Comment

Oh really? I didn't even know that!
                              I believe you can upgrade via download...and I was gonna do that. Good thing I didn't! lol
                              How is it that the machines are having problems with Vista? I didn't realize specific hardware is needed or might be helpful for it to run efficiently
                              [/quote]

Well this is the part that MS tricks you. All the "cool" stuff that they advertise is in the Ultimate Vista edition. Which is like $300 bucks or something crazy like that. There's 5 versions of Vista which to me is WAY too many and confusing.

If you upgrade to the Home Edition, it's bare bones and no frills...

The version you want is expensive, and you need really really good hardware to run it well because
                              it's a memory hog and requires the best graphics card. So basically, think of the latest game that came out and needs the best stuff to play it.

Vista is like the game version of that but in OS form...

Comment

Morning all, did anyone upgrade to the IE 7.0? It seems like it has slowed down my system..</P>

Just having my first cup. It was an ahem, fun morning....not.</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X