Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I remember about 4 years ago I saw one your planes crash putting out a fire, it was on the news.

I think the wings on it completely fell off!!!! I don't know if you remember this or not but
    it was sad to see it just nosedive like that....

Afterwards, I think there was a lot of talk about replacing that specific model because it
    was so old......
    [/quote]no not my plane or my company. That company was shut down for bad maintenance practices and the C-130 A models had a really bad problem with their wing spar. My company follows the exact same maintenance practices and inspections as the Navy. Any of our P-3 accidents have been due to pilot error not maintenance issues.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I remember about 4 years ago I saw one your planes crash putting out a fire, it was on the news.

I think the wings on it completely fell off!!!! I don't know if you remember this or not but

Afterwards, I think there was a lot of talk about replacing that specific model because it
      was so old......
      [/quote]Here's what you are talking about. That company is no longer in the business.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwtGnX-KmY0</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]I remember about 4 years ago I saw one your planes crash putting out a fire, it was on the news.

was so old......
        [/quote]no not my plane or my company. That company was shut down for bad maintenance practices and the C-130 A models had a really bad problem with their wing spar. My company follows the exact same maintenance practices and inspections as the Navy. Any of our P-3 accidents have been due to pilot error not maintenance issues.[/quote]

That's reassuring. It's one thing for human error but you don't expect mechanical errors that are
        out of your control and there's practically nothing you can do....

I guess it all happens way too fast for anyone to try to jump out of the plane with a parachute..

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

was so old......
          [/quote]Here's what you are talking about. That company is no longer in the business.</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwtGnX-KmY0</p>[/quote]

Yes!! That's exactly the footage I saw. I was in Long Beach at the time for vacation so I never
          really got to find out what happened...that is really sad to see.....

It's one thing if an engine dies but there's nothing at all in the manual when both wings fall out
          beneath you....

Comment

That company had serval maintenance issues and this wasn't their only structural failure. The result of that crash was the USFS shut down all heavy airtanker operations and investigated both the airframes and maintenance of the companies. Aero Union was the first company returned to service because of our maintenance. Hawkins and Powers was shut down and also because the C-130 A's had the wing spar issue, they were banned from aerial firefighting.

Comment

This is sad, but I'm not understanding what is so difficult about wearing life jackets?
              I put on my seatbelt everytime I drive, if I ever go into water for jet skiing, there is no way
              in hell I dont wear a life jacket....

<h1>Coast Guard searching lake for Patriots' Hill</h1><h2>Defensive end wasn't wearing life jacket when he fell off jetski Sunday</h2><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="1%"><a id="linkImgRelatedPhotos"></a><div class="credit aR">Nfl Photos/getty Images / NFL via Getty Images</div></td><td valign="bottom" width="99%"><div class="caption" style="padding: 0pt 0pt 0pt 15px;">P</div></td></tr></tbody></table>
              NEW ORLEANS - New England Patriots
              player Marquise Hill was reported missing following a jetski accident
              on Lake Pontchartrain, where U.S. Coast Guard rescue crews were
              searching for him on Monday.<p nd="2" class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>“We searched throughout the night,” Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said of the call the Coast Guard received around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.</p><p nd="3" class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>Hill’s
              agent, Albert Elias, said he had been told Hill and a young woman were
              jetskiing Sunday in the lake when both of them went into the water,
              which had a strong current. Elias said the woman was able to make it to
              a pylon and hang on until she was rescued, while Hill was last seen
              floating away from the scene.</p>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]That company had serval maintenance issues and this wasn't their only structural failure. The result of that crash was the USFS shut down all heavy airtanker operations and investigated both the airframes and maintenance of the companies. Aero Union was the first company returned to service because of our maintenance. Hawkins and Powers was shut down and also because the C-130 A's had the wing spar issue, they were banned from aerial firefighting.[/quote]

How many companies in the US does what yours does? Do you have a lot of competition?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]That company had serval maintenance issues and this wasn't their only structural failure. The result of that crash was the USFS shut down all heavy airtanker operations and investigated both the airframes and maintenance of the companies. Aero Union was the first company returned to service because of our maintenance. Hawkins and Powers was shut down and also because the C-130 A's had the wing spar issue, they were banned from aerial firefighting.[/quote]

How many companies in the US does what yours does? Do you have a lot of competition?
                  [/quote]Four years ago before this happened there were 49 heavy airtankers, today there are only 20, of which we have seven, neptune (www.neptuneaviation.com ) has9 P-2Vs, and Minden has 2 P-2Vs, with the other aircraft in reserve.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Four years ago before this happened there were 49 heavy airtankers, today there are only 20, of which we have seven, neptune (www.neptuneaviation.com ) has9 P-2Vs, and Minden has 2 P-2Vs, with the other aircraft in reserve.[/quote]

Wow so there's only THREE companies that does this??? That's not much at all!!!

Neptune's website is better than yours LOL...but it's not THAT much better, you both
                    could use a revamping.....

Comment

too bad...... [:$]

Breaking News <span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">&gt;&gt;</span>
                      <span class="headline">

Report: Body of NFL Player Marquise Hill Found in Lake Pontchartrain</span>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]too bad...... [:$]

Breaking News <SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)">&gt;&gt;</SPAN> <SPAN class=headline>Report: Body of NFL Player Marquise Hill Found in Lake Pontchartrain</SPAN>
                        [/quote]oh so sad....</P>

our IT dept sucks, and yes our website needs major revamping, THis is the same IT dept that only gives me 256 meg of Ram but P-4 processor. Neptune is actually smaller than us...</P>

Comment

Breaking News <span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">&gt;&gt;</span>
                          <span class="headline">

Report: Body of NFL Player Marquise Hill Found in Lake Pontchartrain</span>
                          [/quote]

I heard about that. Very sad.

Comment

Breaking News <SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)">&gt;&gt;</SPAN> <SPAN class=headline>Report: Body of NFL Player Marquise Hill Found in Lake Pontchartrain</SPAN>
                            [/quote]</P>

Neither Hill nor the woman wore a life preserver, Atkeson said.

"It's so important to have a life jacket and a signaling device," Atkeson said. "One keeps you afloat and the other helps us find you."</P>

what is up with these guys thinking that they are immortal...... especially on a jet ski.</P>

Comment

well it looks like I'm going to have to take a week off from running. My friggin knee is killing me, got an ice pack on it...btw, boss sent everyone home.....[Y]

Comment

<DIV class=post-body nd="1">X17 Online got pictures of Lindsay Lohan early this morning, passed out drunk while her <STRIKE nd="2">enabler</STRIKE> friend Samantha Morton drives them home from another night in the clubs. I dare you to try this crap if you’re not famous and in LA, where the cops have proven time and time again that the rich and famous will not - under any circumstances - be made to follow the law. I dare you to get drunk, crash your car, flee the scene only to have the cops find coke in your car and then have to track you down, then get smashed the very next night in full view of the world. In the real world, the cop wouldn’t even approach you before he opened fire. He’d just shoot you right though the glass. And I think it might be legal. </DIV>
                                <DIV class=post-body nd="1">
                                <DIV class=post-body nd="1"></DIV></DIV>

Comment

Working...
                                X