Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    How does that work? Is it mechanical inside? Wouldn't be a soft pillow then....

But these damn kids now get the best stuff, I am jealous!!!!!

I can't WAIT for Transformers, it's about time they made it a movie, and the trailer looks
    like they did a tasteful job.....

[/quote]

Transformers looks good! I can't wait for the movie.....all the other movies I've seen so far have been kinda blah!
    I kinda wanna buy that pillow thing....whatever it is! LOL! I dunno how this thing works...looks cute though!

lol..Mr. Potato Head Optimus Prime...

What do you do if you get busted for DUI....you go out and get even more wasted! Thankfully she wasn't behind the wheel.....passed out fool. What a stupid twit!
    http://x17online.com/

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Transformers looks good! I can't wait for the movie.....all the other movies I've seen so far have been kinda blah!
      I kinda wanna buy that pillow thing....whatever it is! LOL! I dunno how this thing works...looks cute though!

What do you do if you get busted for DUI....you go out and get even more wasted! Thankfully she wasn't behind the wheel.....passed out fool. What a stupid twit!
      http://x17online.com/
      [/quote]Yeah I put the pics up earlier..... That's bumble bee!

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

[/quote]

I get the feeling though that Transformers was really made for OUR generation.
        Not generation ME, Transformers was what we had growing up, not these kids...

So it's really a feel good movie for us!! hahaha...

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]I'm gonna puke, this idiot on fox is saying that it's everyone elses fault, give me a break, she's old enough to know right from wrong, I'm sick of this age we live in where it's everyone elses fault but your own. Eff her.[/quote]

It's a bad trend in today's society and it will only get worse when these finger pointers grow
          up and never develop responsibility. Then their kids do the same and it's a trickle down effect.

The adults are already doing it now so we don't have to wait for Britney's kids to finger point.

Just look at li-ho's mom......

Again, here in the U.S. your kid fails 6th grade and the teacher gets sued.

In other countries their kid fails and his arse is going to be red for a long time....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
            I get the feeling though that Transformers was really made for OUR generation.
            Not generation ME, Transformers was what we had growing up, not these kids...

So it's really a feel good movie for us!! hahaha...
            [/quote]I hope they don't make it a Generation me movie......</P>

I went to that X17 website.... people disgust me, they feel sorry for Liho. Give me a friggn break.</P>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]I'm gonna puke, this idiot on fox is saying that it's everyone elses fault, give me a break, she's old enough to know right from wrong, I'm sick of this age we live in where it's everyone elses fault but your own. Eff her.[/quote]

It's a bad trend in today's society and it will only get worse when these finger pointers grow
              up and never develop responsibility. Then their kids do the same and it's a trickle down effect.

The adults are already doing it now so we don't have to wait for Britney's kids to finger point.

Just look at li-ho's mom......

Again, here in the U.S. your kid fails 6th grade and the teacher gets sued.

In other countries their kid fails and his arse is going to be red for a long time....
              [/quote]Yeah, I remember it was expected, not rewarded, but expected that I get As. Of course in 10 years, they will prolly do away with grades because it hurts feelings.

Comment

Hey, whats up guys? Hope you are all having a good holiday weekend. Good to see you got off early mjg.</P>

Just reading some of the stuff you guys posted about kids and responsibility. I have to tell you, sub teaching these inner-city youth is mind blowing. It has totally opened my eyes to lower income schooling. The teacher's have lost all power. I got punched in the nuts by a second grader last week and the principal did nothing. By the time they get to eighth grade, they realize they have no reprecussions for their poor choices. I talkedwith a teacher who said, "thank god he is going on to ninth grade next year" I questioned that because said kid cannot even read a simple first/second grade book and ask how they could possibly pass him. Their response is," I'm not going to hold him back and have to deal with him for another year". These kids are graduating high school or dropping out as functional illiterates! Unbelievable. I also was told by one teacher that the school I was at decides at the beginning of the year, the primary things they want to teach. This year, they are not correcting spelling or grammatical errors. This whole experience has been alarming to me. This country is in for a world of hate real soon.</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Yeah, I remember it was expected, not rewarded, but expected that I get As. Of course in 10 years, they will prolly do away with grades because it hurts feelings.[/quote]

At some point, someone is going to sue the US for even forcing kids to go to school based on the freedom of choice. Then you'll have a bunch of kids not going to school with parents that don't care.

Then those same people will piss at our gov't but want financial aid. Then the aid won't be enough and they will want more. Then hard workers will be force to pay even more tax because it's not fair that they have more money than lazy people....

That's when I take my money and run.....

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Hey, whats up guys? Hope you are all having a good holiday weekend. Good to see you got off early mjg.</p>

Just reading some of the stuff you guys posted about kids and responsibility. I have to tell you, sub teaching these inner-city youth is mind blowing. It has totally opened my eyes to lower income schooling. The teacher's have lost all power. I got punched in the nuts by a second grader last week and the principal did nothing. By the time they get to eighth grade, they realize they have no reprecussions for their poor choices. I talkedwith a teacher who said, "thank god he is going on to ninth grade next year" I questioned that because said kid cannot even read a simple first/second grade book and ask how they could possibly pass him. Their response is," I'm not going to hold him back and have to deal with him for another year". These kids are graduating high school or dropping out as functional illiterates! Unbelievable. I also was told by one teacher that the school I was at decides at the beginning of the year, the primary things they want to teach. This year, they are not correcting spelling or grammatical errors. This whole experience has been alarming to me. This country is in for a world of hate real soon.</p>[/quote]

Holy crapola!!! That is horrible!!!! I hate hearing stories like that!!!

Sorry about your nuts, maybe you can borrow a cup from a football player! hehehe...
                    Actually buy you're own, don't borrow....

It's going to be a scary next generation isn't it?

Am I going to be 70 years old and on the news because I got beatup by 10 year olds??

Are other countries just waiting for us to implode?

Comment

I read somewhere that it is considered a LUXURY for parents in S. Korea to send their
                      kids to the U.S. for schooling.

But now I am hearing a lot are not doing it anymore and would rather lose their left nut
                      sending their kids here.....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I read somewhere that it is considered a LUXURY for parents in S. Korea to send their

But now I am hearing a lot are not doing it anymore and would rather lose their left nut
                        [/quote]</P>

Dude, some of these subs are telling me about these two schools that are the best to sub at. They are in Chinatown and they said 90% of the students are Asian. They say all the students are so well behaved and respect the teacher on the highest level. I guess it is hard to get jobs there because it is such a pleasure to work at. A teacher was telling me that the parents of the students drill into their kid's heads how important education is. They also tell them that they are carrying their family name and if the do not do well in school they are dis-respecting the many generations of family that came before them and worked so hard to keep the family name honorable. I can only hope to get some work there.</P>

I had a black student ask my the other day, "Mr. Brooks, howcause (gotta love that word!) Chinese kids do so good at school?" It bummed me out because I could not explain to the kid that many Asians in this country have family that really care about them and raise them in the proper way, as opposed to so many inner city Blacks and Lations, who might have no parents(grandparents raising them) or parents that are criminals or addicts and really don't care how their kid is doing in school.</P>

This has been a mind-blowing experience and I have barely been doing it for three weeks!</P>

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I read somewhere that it is considered a LUXURY for parents in S. Korea to send their

[/quote]</p>

Dude, some of these subs are telling me about these two schools that are the best to sub at. They are in Chinatown and they said 90% of the students are Asian. They say all the students are so well behaved and respect the teacher on the highest level. I guess it is hard to get jobs there because it is such a pleasure to work at. A teacher was telling me that the parents of the students drill into their kid's heads how important education is. They also tell them that they are carrying their family name and if the do not do well in school they are dis-respecting the many generations of family that came before them and worked so hard to keep the family name honorable. I can only hope to get some work there.</p>

I had a black student ask my the other day, "Mr. Brooks, howcause (gotta love that word!) Chinese kids do so good at school?" It bummed me out because I could not explain to the kid that many Asians in this country have family that really care about them and raise them in the proper way, as opposed to so many inner city Blacks and Lations, who might have no parents(grandparents raising them) or parents that are criminals or addicts and really don't care how their kid is doing in school.</p>

This has been a mind-blowing experience and I have barely been doing it for three weeks!</p>[/quote]

I was going to ask you without getting too racial, what is the ratio of blacks/whites/asians at your school? It's really sad though that these kids really could have been good kids, they just didn't
                          have any damn parents around!!!

I think about my nephew a lot (he's 4) and he's so curious. And naturally he's a good kid, but
                          if he didn't have any kind of good up bringing, it is very easy to have a kid become BAD.

So it's not that they were born bad and want to be bad, they just didn't have anyone around to care...

Not to blame blacks/lations or anything because my best friend is black and he had a great upbringing and I can see him doing the samething to his kids so they will be well off.

But you just can't be "mum" about certain topics when you see a race of asians or white kids growing up very well and then you have other minorities that aren't. And it's generation after generation....

What are your thoughts on that?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[/quote]</P>

Dude, some of these subs are telling me about these two schools that are the best to sub at. They are in Chinatown and they said 90% of the students are Asian. They say all the students are so well behaved and respect the teacher on the highest level. I guess it is hard to get jobs there because it is such a pleasure to work at. A teacher was telling me that the parents of the students drill into their kid's heads how important education is. They also tell them that they are carrying their family name and if the do not do well in school they are dis-respecting the many generations of family that came before them and worked so hard to keep the family name honorable. I can only hope to get some work there.</P>

I had a black student ask my the other day, "Mr. Brooks, howcause (gotta love that word!) Chinese kids do so good at school?" It bummed me out because I could not explain to the kid that many Asians in this country have family that really care about them and raise them in the proper way, as opposed to so many inner city Blacks and Lations, who might have no parents(grandparents raising them) or parents that are criminals or addicts and really don't care how their kid is doing in school.</P>

This has been a mind-blowing experience and I have barely been doing it for three weeks!</P>

[/quote]

I was going to ask you without getting too racial, what is the ratio of blacks/whites/asians at your school? It's really sad though that these kids really could have been good kids, they just didn't
                            have any damn parents around!!!

I think about my nephew a lot (he's 4) and he's so curious. And naturally he's a good kid, but
                            if he didn't have any kind of good up bringing, it is very easy to have a kid become BAD.

So it's not that they were born bad and want to be bad, they just didn't have anyone around to care...

Not to blame blacks/lations or anything because my best friend is black and he had a great upbringing and I can see him doing the samething to his kids so they will be well off.

But you just can't be "mum" about certain topics when you see a race of asians or white kids growing up very well and then you have other minorities that aren't. And it's generation after generation....

What are your thoughts on that?

[/quote]</P>

I think you hit the nail on the head. I feel, it doesn't matter what color/race you are. If whites were put in the same situations and in the same numbers as minorities, they would be doing the same exact thing. Why would a little kid care about what a teacher has to say about his/her schoolwork or behavior if they are wondering if they will have a safe place to sleep that night or where their next meal was coming from or if they were going to be sexually abused or beaten. Many of the kids I have been working with live in the projects. I try my best to empathize with them but I come from a completely different background, just due to the luck of the draw. None of these kids have asked for the hand they have been dealt. Though, there are some that have recognized that school is the one way they can better their lives and they act accordingly. I have worked at six different schools and I would say the general class make-up is 55% Black, 44% Latino and 1% White. The token White guy in the class seems to have the same background/problems as the other students, that many inner-city, poverty stricken youth have. I came from a loving, supporting family and cannot tell you how much I have taken that for granted until I see this. Kids have a side to them, where they want to test the rules and push the boundries. I believe that is human nature, but it is the family that shows you the right way and how to be a decent human being. Three of the schools I have worked at, these past few weeks have had students lost to gangs and other related violence. It breaks my heart.</P>

Comment

Well I can tell you AG, that my soon to be step daughter has people marvel at her. I do think that her mom spoils her too much, but only because I was given a spartan upbringing. People marvel because she says thank you and please! I get indignant now when (as I always do) hold a door open for someone and don't hear a Thank You. I am begining to be disgusted by us as a species. I remember a discussion on TAGF about our owner slugging someone on the floor of the stock exchange, and people actually supporting it! It's like those people who have their bumper sticker that says "my eighth grader can beat up your honor student". </P>

Part of the problem stems deeper than race......you got to factor culture and religion in too.</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

Well I can tell you AG, that my soon to be step daughter has people marvel at her. I do think that her mom spoils her too much, but only because I was given a spartan upbringing. People marvel because she says thank you and please! I get indignant now when (as I always do) hold a door open for someone and don't hear a Thank You. I am begining to be disgusted by us as a species. I remember a discussion on TAGF about our owner slugging someone on the floor of the stock exchange, and people actually supporting it! It's like those people who have their bumper sticker that says "my eighth grader can beat up your honor student". </p>

Part of the problem stems deeper than race......you got to factor culture and religion in too.</p>[/quote]

Glad to hear that about your soon to be step daughter. Maybe her and my nephew can get married
                                one day hahaha.

Anyways, I hold the doors ALL THE TIME for people. Most, 90% say thanks and some don't
                                which bothers me a little but I'm like whatever....
                                Nothing against females, but if you want to test the waters, most females don't hold the door for
                                you if they are ahead of you. They just walk in without any awareness that a person is behind them.
                                Now this isn't all females so it's not female bashing. It's just what I noticed.
                                And probably because the majority are used to having the door held for them etc...so they aren't
                                used to "giving back".

Why don't you fellas keep this in mind and try it out when your going to your local store...just for kicks...

Or maybe it's just me because I'm short and they don't see me...LOL...

Comment

Working...
                                X