Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

This should be interesting......

<a href="http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20834"><font face="arial" size="3">
    Thundercats Headed for the Big Screen
    </font></a>

<div style="float: left;">
    <font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">
    Source: <font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2"><font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">Variety</font>
    </font></font>
    </div><div style="float: right;"><font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">June 6, 2007</font></div>

<font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">Warner Bros. has optioned a Thundercats script by new screenwriter Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a live action feature.

Variety says Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Productions, along with **** Robertson and Lew Korman.

Thundercats revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with
    feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee
    their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on
    another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil
    sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

</font>

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]This should be interesting......

<a href="http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20834"><font face="arial" size="3">
      Thundercats Headed for the Big Screen
      </font></a>

<div style="float: left;">
      <font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">
      Source: <font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2"><font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">Variety</font>
      </font></font>
      </div><div style="float: right;"><font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">June 6, 2007</font></div>

<font color="#000000" face="arial" size="2">Warner Bros. has optioned a Thundercats script by new screenwriter Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a live action feature.

Variety says Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Productions, along with **** Robertson and Lew Korman.

Thundercats revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with
      feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee
      their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on
      another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil
      sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

</font>[/quote]

Oh man that would be HOT! But they have to take it seriously and do it right.

Otherwise it will be "campy" and really bad....

Transformers could have been really bad but so far it looks like they did it right....

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

Here's one of those things absolutely wrong with this country. I wish we had a law that stated if you bring a frivolous lawsuit, you could be held liable for what you sue for... scummm</p>

</p>

WASHINGTON — A judge who was seeking $67 million from a dry cleaners that lost his pants has loosened the belt on his lawsuit. Now, he's asking for only $54 million, according to a May 30 court filing in D.C. Superior Court.</p>[/quote]
        hahah......give him $100 he'll go away...

I agree though, people like him waste the courts time and taxpayers money...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Transformers could have been really bad but so far it looks like they did it right....

[/quote]

I'm really looking forward to transformers...this...I dunno if they can pull it off....

Comment

So this ad for a reality TV show was on Craigslist....Lord have Mercy....people are nuts....
            Live with a murderer? Say what??
            If you are killed...your family gets a $50,000....<font color="#ff0000">oh how nice..</font>...[:O]

<a href="http://bangkok.craigslist.org/tlg/338024578.html">http://bangkok.craigslist.org/tlg/338024578.html

</a>
            Reality TV Show to be made in Thailand

----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
            Reply to: gigs-*********@craigslist.org
            Date: 2007-05-25, 8:34PM ICT

Are you dying for a spot on Big Brother? Would you kill to be an American Idol? Could you survive more than any Survivor?

You could be part of a new kind of reality show.

"It's what happens when murderers stop being polite...and start getting
            real."

Imagine the scene: A beautiful mansion. You're
            surrounded by young beautiful people. Your every need is catered to by a
            full staff of fully trained gourmet chefs, yoga instructors, and expert
            massage therapists.

Too good to be true?

Guess what....it is.

You can be part of the latest new reality tv show cast! If we choose you,
            you and ten other housemates will live in this pampered paradise!
            Well...you'll live as long as you can, anyway.

One of your housemates will be a REAL* convicted murderer.

Audiences will thrill as, each week, one cast member is "eliminated" from
            the show. Tensions will run high. Someone will be murdered.

The 'final survivor' will win ONE MILLION DOLLARS, tax-free.

But only after a 'to the death' style face off with the REAL MURDERER.

Does Christy want Nick to join her in the jacuzzi for hot times? Or a
            BLOODBATH?

When Shakwonce says she could "really kill Jorge," does she mean that
            figuratively? Or does she mean that SHE COULD REALLY KILL JORGE?

Is Jim carving himself a turkey in the kitchen? Or is he carving up LISA?

Interested applicants should send us a photograph (color, preferably) along
            with a quick note about why they belong in the MURDERHOUSE!

Good luck...and STAY ALIVE!

*This is NOT a fake reality show or improvised show along the lines of
            'Big Fat Fiance' or any of the others along those lines. You will NOT be
            required to have acting or improvising skills. We are looking for REAL people
            who are looking for the chance to be confined to a luxury home with a REAL
            murderer and put their lives at risk in a VERY REAL way.

Yes, we understand that one million dollars may not sound like a lot of
            money, especially when you are putting your life at risk. Rest assured that the
            producers WILL pay the taxes on the prize money, assuring that you will recieve
            the FULL million. Also, in the event of your death, your family will recieve a
            $50,000 stipend.

That being said: We will have ten contestants and one murderer. According to
            the rules of the show, 90% of the final cast WILL die. Please understand this
            when you apply, as this idea is NOT for everyone and we only want candidates who
            are ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS and ready.

You should also know that, because of the attention and press this show has
            ALREADY recieved, we are talking about an amount of exposure for you that has
            been unprecedented in reality television so far. We have deals with major
            markets worldwide, and this show will premiere on Christmas Day 2007. Imagine
            being seen by six BILLION people at once...

Due to the nature of this show, MURDERHOUSE! contestants will be asked to
            sign several legally binding waivers that release the producers and their
            associates from liability from anything that happens during your time in the
            MURDERHOUSE! Full details to follow if we contact you. Thanks!

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

I'm really looking forward to transformers...this...I dunno if they can pull it off....
              [/quote]

Yeah I'm not sure what the look and feel is going to be. It's hard for me to picture any
              of those characters with real people without laughing.....I keep picturing the actors
              on the Lion King broadway show....

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]So this ad for a reality TV show was on Craigslist....Lord have Mercy....people are nuts....
                If you are killed...your family gets a $50,000....<font color="#ff0000">oh how nice..</font>...[:O]

<a href="http://bangkok.craigslist.org/tlg/338024578.html">http://bangkok.craigslist.org/tlg/338024578.html

</a>
                [/quote]

WOW that is crazy!! Oh where are you 2012??

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]So this ad for a reality TV show was on Craigslist....Lord have Mercy....people are nuts....

</a>
                  [/quote]

WOW that is crazy!! Oh where are you 2012??
                  [/quote]

Isn't that crazy???? I don't know if that's a joke or if it's true....but it's suppose to take place in another country....who knows! [:O]

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Isn't that crazy???? I don't know if that's a joke or if it's true....but it's suppose to take place in another country....who knows! [:O]

[/quote]

Most other countries get away with much more bad TV than us here. Like that Dutch show that is selling someone's organs. That would never fly here....

The question is, if someone does get murdered, does the murderer go to jail too?

I can see it now, 2011, there will be a show where a pedophile lives in a house full of kids.
                    Then when one of them gets molested the parents will cry their hearts out on TV asking WHY GOD WHY!!!

Comment

Most other countries get away with much more bad TV than us here. Like that Dutch show that is selling someone's organs. That would never fly here....

The question is, if someone does get murdered, does the murderer go to jail too?

I can see it now, 2011, there will be a show where a pedophile lives in a house full of kids.
                      Then when one of them gets molested the parents will cry their hearts out on TV asking WHY GOD WHY!!!
                      [/quote]

Oh I remember hearing about that Dutch show! Then it was a joke? Crazy!

I guess the murderer goes to jail? Was he in jail already and just taking a break and killing someone else?
                      Very strange and creepy. I hope it is someone's idea of a bad joke!

Comment

Oh I remember hearing about that Dutch show! Then it was a joke? Crazy!

I guess the murderer goes to jail? Was he in jail already and just taking a break and killing someone else?
                        Very strange and creepy. I hope it is someone's idea of a bad joke!
                        [/quote]

No I thought it was real? I never heard about it being a joke!!??

We keep pushing limits on everything, it's really annoying.

Anyyways, did you watch the game last night? Clippard pitched very well....

Do you notice the way he walks? It's hilarious!!! He walks like he's a gangsta....

Comment

No I thought it was real? I never heard about it being a joke!!??

We keep pushing limits on everything, it's really annoying.

Anyyways, did you watch the game last night? Clippard pitched very well....

Do you notice the way he walks? It's hilarious!!! He walks like he's a gangsta....
                          [/quote]

Yeah! I heard that it was just one big joke....or a way to get awareness out there...I dunno....very creepy...
                          I Hope MurderHouse is a joke too...oh my lordy!

Clippard was good last night. Kudos to him! He was def better than DeSalvo!
                          LOL...he does walk like he's a gangsta!
                          I hope we can get the win today....every friggin game I am nervous as hell! This is worse than football.....at least that was once a week...this is like almost everyday. LOL! [:P]

Comment

Yeah! I heard that it was just one big joke....or a way to get awareness out there...I dunno....very creepy...
                            I Hope MurderHouse is a joke too...oh my lordy!

Clippard was good last night. Kudos to him! He was def better than DeSalvo!
                            LOL...he does walk like he's a gangsta!
                            I hope we can get the win today....every friggin game I am nervous as hell! This is worse than football.....at least that was once a week...this is like almost everyday. LOL! [:P]

[/quote]

Oh true! It is like watching the Giants everynight!! But that's what's great about baseball! I get into this rhythm of watching them everynight, compared to football...

Wang is pitching tonite so hopefully their win last night carries into this game, and Andy's back is better. There's a good chance they can take the next two!!

The Chisox are so afraid to use their bullpen it's hilarious!!

Anyways, now they get the real deal, they get Wang, I want to see how they do against him....

Comment

Those crazy dutch!</P>

AMSTERDAM— <FONT size=2>Dutch students have developed powdered alcohol which they say can be sold legally to minors.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>The latest innovation in inebriation, called Booz2Go, is available in 20-gram packets that cost 1-1.5 euros ($1.35-$2).</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>Top it up with water and you have a bubbly, lime-colored and -flavored drink with just 3 percent alcohol content.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>"We are aiming for the youth market. They are really more into it because you can compare it with Bacardi-mixed drinks," 20-year-old Harm van Elderen told Reuters.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>Van Elderen and four classmates at Helicon Vocational Institute, about an hour's drive from Amsterdam, came up with the idea as part of their final-year project.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>"Because the alcohol is not in liquid form, we can sell it to people below 16," said project member Martyn van Nierop.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>The legal age for drinking alcohol and smoking is 16 in the Netherlands.</FONT></P>

Comment

ahahahah. i just made daynemustgo look silly in the thread he started! i feel so good now! lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X