Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Hahaha....if you want...I can direct you to where you can view those pics....
    But don't sue me if you go blind.......[:O]
    [/quote]

Keep it in your archives. I don't think I have the stomache for it right now.

I'm sure I'll be requesting them for you later though!!

Back to baseball....I really wonder what the real issue is with arod in the locker room?
    Is he really a chemistry killer? It's not that hard to be one of the "boys".....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Back to baseball....I really wonder what the real issue is with arod in the locker room?
      Is he really a chemistry killer? It's not that hard to be one of the "boys".....
      [/quote]

I have no clue what the deal is with AROD in the locker room.......
      Maybe he thinks he is better than everyone else?

Comment

i think the yanks or sox might be the only ones who can afford a-rod next year. i really hope we do keep him, we need him , period. as for beckham, the MLS paid him 250 million to save / revive their league basically. they made a great move by signing a contract with ESPN. I've been watching soccer for 2 years now, the English Premier league, its a beautiful game in its own right, theres not many sports i dislike. People say its boring, but its because they are very methodical, they get few chances to score because the teams play very very well, very few missed assignments. and when they are missed, thats when the goals occur.

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

I have no clue what the deal is with AROD in the locker room.......
          Maybe he thinks he is better than everyone else?
          [/quote]

He seems kinda funny. Sometimes the camera's catch him and he makes wise cracks.
          Yesterday he did the same. And when he hit the homer, Melky and Cano were hugging him
          and jumping up and down, that looked like awesome chemistry to me...

I don't know what the deal is...

Comment

[quote user="BJacobs27"]i think the yanks or sox might be the only ones who can afford a-rod next year. i really hope we do keep him, we need him , period. as for beckham, the MLS paid him 250 million to save / revive their league basically. they made a great move by signing a contract with ESPN. I've been watching soccer for 2 years now, the English Premier league, its a beautiful game in its own right, theres not many sports i dislike. People say its boring, but its because they are very methodical, they get few chances to score because the teams play very very well, very few missed assignments. and when they are missed, thats when the goals occur.[/quote]

I can't get into soccer, I don't know enough about it but that's the problem. The sport doesn't
            allow you to get interested unless you know it, or someone is there to explain things to you.

People say baseball is boring too, but one click to YES channel and someone hits a home run,
            or steals a base and you can get into the sport. Not so with soccer, you sit there endlessly watching
            them kick the ball back and forth.

I can respect that it's a methodical sport like you said, but at the same time, that is also the reason
            it just is not popular here.

Let's list the sports that America is forced to watch on TV....

Football, Baseball, Basketball,...distance 4th, (hockey) and (golf)...distant 5th(soccer)

And that's if you can even find soccer on TV...

So, with movies, internet and other distractions, it's hard enough to maintain your fanbase with
            football, baseball....even the NBA has ratings issue.

So to introduce soccer down the list, I just cannot see that happening. They also don't have the
            financial muscle to compete with the NFL, MLB and NBA....
            There's no college soccer that I know of that people care to watch, there's no soccer draft...
            There's just isn't a foundation for it...maybe you can prove me wrong, but the fact that
            even a sports guy like me doesn't know that stuff exists, is very telling why the sport isn't popular...

Comment

AG and Chopper....people are looking for ya! People miss you! []

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/370307.aspx

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="BJacobs27"]i think the yanks or sox might be the only ones who can afford a-rod next year. i really hope we do keep him, we need him , period. as for beckham, the MLS paid him 250 million to save / revive their league basically. they made a great move by signing a contract with ESPN. I've been watching soccer for 2 years now, the English Premier league, its a beautiful game in its own right, theres not many sports i dislike. People say its boring, but its because they are very methodical, they get few chances to score because the teams play very very well, very few missed assignments. and when they are missed, thats when the goals occur.[/quote]

I can't get into soccer, I don't know enough about it but that's the problem. The sport doesn't
                allow you to get interested unless you know it, or someone is there to explain things to you.

People say baseball is boring too, but one click to YES channel and someone hits a home run,
                or steals a base and you can get into the sport. Not so with soccer, you sit there endlessly watching
                them kick the ball back and forth.

I can respect that it's a methodical sport like you said, but at the same time, that is also the reason
                it just is not popular here.

Let's list the sports that America is forced to watch on TV....

Football, Baseball, Basketball,...distance 4th, (hockey) and (golf)...distant 5th(soccer)

And that's if you can even find soccer on TV...

So, with movies, internet and other distractions, it's hard enough to maintain your fanbase with
                football, baseball....even the NBA has ratings issue.

So to introduce soccer down the list, I just cannot see that happening. They also don't have the
                financial muscle to compete with the NFL, MLB and NBA....
                There's no college soccer that I know of that people care to watch, there's no soccer draft...
                There's just isn't a foundation for it...maybe you can prove me wrong, but the fact that
                even a sports guy like me doesn't know that stuff exists, is very telling why the sport isn't popular...

[/quote]</P>

Hey all.</P>

</P>

AG- I can see what you are saying. I played soccer my whole life, through my sophomore year in college and play in a rec league now. I love watching it but probably because I understand how hard it is to do the stuff these guys do with ease.</P>

As far as getting it, what you see is what you get. The rules and tactics are pretty basic and straight forward. I do believe that it will become more popular in this country in the next ten years only due to the fact that youth soccer has more kids in it than pop warner does and when those kids grow up, they will probably be interested.</P>

I can see why folks in this country find it boring. Not much scoring, minimal contact and such. It is truly a great sport though. Another great event that few care about in this country is going on right now- The Tour de France. Those cats are animals and I love all the unwritten rules of the tour. Unfortunately, drugs have comprimised the hell out of that event and cycling in general.</P>

Comment

Where's our boy Dutchy? I wonder how his trip was.

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]AG and Chopper....people are looking for ya! People miss you! []

[/quote]

haha thanks for that, I just responded. I probably wouldn't have ever see that thread...

It's funny because I'm here everyday! I guess they don't see me though....

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]Where's our boy Dutchy? I wonder how his trip was.[/quote]

I was wondering about Dutchy! Hope he had/is having fun and is ok!
                      Where is Bleu also.....come back Bleu!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]AG and Chopper....people are looking for ya! People miss you! []

[/quote]

haha thanks for that, I just responded. I probably wouldn't have ever see that thread...

It's funny because I'm here everyday! I guess they don't see me though....
                        [/quote]

Hahahaha....aaawww...
                        You need to post more in the crazy land..aka...TAGF

Comment

This is kinda funny.....

<div class="post_title">
                          <a href="http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/07/16/bwe-sports-some-additional-espy-award-categories/" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to BWE SPORTS: Additional ESPY Award Categories">
                          BWE SPORTS: Additional ESPY Award Categories </a>
                          </div>

Best Actor: Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers for his performance in “Fathead Commercial.” (Breaking Fred McGriff’s seven-year run for his performance in the Tom Emanski Defensive Drills commercial)</p>

Best Arrest: Pacman Jones of the Tennessee Titans for “Makin’ it Rain,” narrowly edging out Tank Johnson of the Chicago Bears for “Possesin’ six illegal firearms.”</p>

Best Male Athlete, Dogfighting: Tiger Woods, actually, in a shocking upset.</p>

Best Physique, Photoshopped: Andy Rod****, for his cartoonish Men’s Fitness cover.</p>

Best Bridge Burning: Willis McGahee, for his T.G.I. Friday’s-inspired anti-Buffalo tirade</p>

Best Evidence That The MLB Postseason Is Completely Based On Luck: The St. Louis Cardinals (accepting the award - David Eckstein)</p>

Best Sound Byte: (Ex-)Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green advises the media to crown the Bears’ asses.</p>

Best Female Athlete: Venus Williams, I guess? Did Danica Patrick do something this year? Whoever.</p>

Least Regrettable Personnel Move: The New York Knicks giving Coach/GM Isaiah Thomas a multiyear contract extension.</p>

Best Role Model: Tom Brady, for dumping Bridget Moynehan while she was pregnant with his baby and immediately dating supermodel Gisele Bundchen.</p>

Comment

the dow has broken 14 large

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]Where's our boy Dutchy? I wonder how his trip was.[/quote]

I was wondering about Dutchy! Hope he had/is having fun and is ok!
                              Where is Bleu also.....come back Bleu!
                              [/quote]

How long is Dutchy's vacation? He's been gone an awful long time!!!

Comment

Hey MJ see! This is what I'm talking about! There's been too many plane crashes since we talked
                                about the saftey of planes!! This is an A320...

<h1>Plane carrying 174 crashes in Săo Paulo</h1><h2>
                                </h2>

Comment

Working...
                                X