Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

I just watched the original Star Wars with my soon to be stepdaughter (8) and I had a bunch of questions.....</p>

How is it that R2 and C3P0 don't remember Tatooine? Wasn't 3PO built there? Why would Obi-wan not remember R2 either? </p>[/quote]

Hey I can explain this but I am on the phone....lol...hold on...
    [/quote]long conversation...lol[/quote]

Sorry I was talking to my friend that broke his arm, he's been bored at home doing nothing
    since he can't work for awhile...

In Episode 3, Yoda tells Obi Wan to wipe out the memories of the androids because they knew
    of the twin babies. The loophole for Obi-Wan not remembering is that he says he doesn't ever
    remember owning a droid, which is true, he never owned R2..

Of course the obvious answer to both these questions is that they did a bad job, horrific job
    merging the 2 trilogies together.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

I just watched the original Star Wars with my soon to be stepdaughter (8) and I had a bunch of questions.....</p>

How is it that R2 and C3P0 don't remember Tatooine? Wasn't 3PO built there? Why would Obi-wan not remember R2 either? </p>[/quote]

Hey I can explain this but I am on the phone....lol...hold on...
      [/quote]long conversation...lol[/quote]

Sorry I was talking to my friend that broke his arm, he's been bored at home doing nothing
      since he can't work for awhile...

In Episode 3, Yoda tells Obi Wan to wipe out the memories of the androids because they knew
      of the twin babies. The loophole for Obi-Wan not remembering is that he says he doesn't ever
      remember owning a droid, which is true, he never owned R2..

Of course the obvious answer to both these questions is that they did a bad job, horrific job
      merging the 2 trilogies together.

[/quote]

What's up guys? AG, didn't you and I have a conversation on this a while back as well?

Comment

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]

What's up guys? AG, didn't you and I have a conversation on this a while back as well?
        [/quote]

You know what, I think we did because this conversation sounds familiar!!!

Comment

come on Jints, in the land of Hollywood anything's possible and you never bring logic and reasoning into ANY Sci-fi discussion. yeah, it's in the un-written by-laws of geekdom...</P>

I am kinda privy to the original trilogy BUT i do love the specialFX and Jango and dart maul and angry anakin/vader-stein!!!!</P>

and now another Indy Jones is in the works. Gives us older guys a lil inspiration huh?</P>

speaking of sci-i, i still have yet to watch 300, and i don't really have an interest in it? is that bad?</P>

I LOVED Gladiator, liked Troy a lot and of course the original Conan:the Barbarian, but this movie looks like all special FX, a atypical hollywood scropt/storyline loosely based upon historical events and well; I get the feeling that I just won't like it.</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

come on Jints, in the land of Hollywood anything's possible and you never bring logic and reasoning into ANY Sci-fi discussion. yeah, it's in the un-written by-laws of geekdom...</p>

I am kinda privy to the original trilogy BUT i do love the specialFX and Jango and dart maul and angry anakin/vader-stein!!!!</p>

and now another Indy Jones is in the works. Gives us older guys a lil inspiration huh?</p>

speaking of sci-i, i still have yet to watch 300, and i don't really have an interest in it? is that bad?</p>

I LOVED Gladiator, liked Troy a lot and of course the original Conan:the Barbarian, but this movie looks like all special FX, a atypical hollywood scropt/storyline loosely based upon historical events and well; I get the feeling that I just won't like it.</p>[/quote]

Oh no!!! You are wrong, you owe it to yourself to watch 300!! I just watched it 2 weeks ago
            for the first time and it is HOT....trust me, it is an instant collectors....

Gladiator is one of my favs, and these guys would kill Maximus....and Troy blindfolded...

Comment

hmmm perhaps i'll order it with on-demand....</P>

what about that other flick? the one also based on a comic book in which a native american(?) battles norsemen(?) who killed his family? all psuedo-Conan about it.</P>

Comment

hmmm perhaps i'll order it with on-demand....</p>

what about that other flick? the one also based on a comic book in which a native american(?) battles norsemen(?) who killed his family? all psuedo-Conan about it.</p>[/quote]

Are you talking about Pathfinder, bro? I never saw it but a lot of people didn't like it. AG's right about 300, definitely check it out! I was one of the guys pestering him to see it. If you liked Gladiator, you'll like 300, trust me...

Comment

Okay AG, but then why doesn't C3PO or R2 remember

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Okay AG, but then why doesn't C3PO or R2 remember[/quote]

If I can answer this, AG, I believe Bail Organa mentioned something about having the droids memories erased at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Comment

what about that other flick? the one also based on a comic book in which a native american(?) battles norsemen(?) who killed his family? all psuedo-Conan about it.</P>

[/quote]300 Rocked.... </P>

No movie will ever replace the original Conan...</P>

What is best in life?</P>

"Crush Your Enemies, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women"</P>

Comment

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="mjg407"]Okay AG, but then why doesn't C3PO or R2 remember[/quote]

If I can answer this, AG, I believe Bail Organa mentioned something about having the droids memories erased at the end of Revenge of the Sith.
                        [/quote]you guys are starting to scare me.... were you there?</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOcKGc8ycCA</P>

</P>

j/k</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="mjg407"]Okay AG, but then why doesn't C3PO or R2 remember[/quote]

[/quote]you guys are starting to scare me.... were you there?</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOcKGc8ycCA</p>

</p>

j/k</p>[/quote]

LOL! I saw that a while back, pretty funny... Nah, sorry to disappoint ya, dude, I wasn't... []

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]300 Rocked.... </P>

No movie will ever replace the original Conan...</P>

What is best in life?</P>

<FONT size=5>"Crush Your Enemies, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women"</FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

that is the BEST LINE EVER!!!!!! and, "Does Marsalis Wallace look like a b***h?"</P>

GMenFan4Ever, would you say that 300 is worth purchasing. i know you guys liked it a lot but i have a DVD collection of damn near1000,and the wife is not to big on me adding on and adding on.</P>

But I'll defy her if the gods will it!!!! [:O]</P>

</P>

MJG407, check these geeks out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNJ6...6D&amp;index=0</P>

Comment

that is the BEST LINE EVER!!!!!! and, "Does Marsalis Wallace look like a b***h?"</p>

GMenFan4Ever, would you say that 300 is worth purchasing. i know you guys liked it a lot but i have a DVD collection of damn near1000,and the wife is not to big on me adding on and adding on.</p>

But I'll defy her if the gods will it!!!! [:O]</p>[/quote]

Pulp Fiction kicks *****! Great flick... Yeah, if the missus doesn't mind, definitely... I've been broke lately but will pick up a copy this week some time.

Comment

300 was awesome, however, I definitely think it was worth it to see it at the theater..</P>

</P>

hahahaha transformer geeks...rofl</P>

BTW, Harooni is once again sinking to new lows. Defending Vick thinking the punishment is too harsh.</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X