Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

Looks like Ralph has the same kind of view of the game that we did... here.</P>

That game was atrocious. Bad football played in atrocious conditions in front of a crowd that, quite honestly, seemed bored at times. And who could blame them? The Giants and Dolphins combined for 492 yards of offense exactly six more than the New England Patriots had in their 52-7 win over the Washington Redskins.

The game was less a match of strength and skill and strategy, and more like two pigs slopping around in the mud.

The field was hideous and the <SPAN class=caps>NFL </SPAN>should have known better. They played it on grass that is shorter and weaker than the grass in <SPAN class=caps>NFL </SPAN>stadiums, because it's built for players who average about 100 pounds less. They probably could've gotten away with it on a clear, dry night. But the game was played in London so duh! it rained.

Manning is 5 for 12 for 28 yards at the half because he can't grip the ball, his receivers can't catch it and no one can get their footing. Meanwhile the Giants have 97 rushing yards and Brandon Jacobs is averaging six yards per carry. The Giants get the ball to start the second half, leading 13-0 with a chance to bury the Dolphins and they throw the ball on their first three plays. <SPAN class=caps>HUH</SPAN>? <SPAN class=caps>WHAT</SPAN>? Does that make any sense to anyone?
    </P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

Looks like Ralph has the same kind of view of the game that we did... here.</p>

That game was atrocious. Bad football played in atrocious conditions in front of a crowd that, quite honestly, seemed bored at times. And who could blame them? The Giants and Dolphins combined for 492 yards of offense exactly six more than the New England Patriots had in their 52-7 win over the Washington Redskins.

The game was less a match of strength and skill and strategy, and more like two pigs slopping around in the mud.

The field was hideous and the <span class="caps">NFL </span>should have known better. They played it on grass that is shorter and weaker than the grass in <span class="caps">NFL </span>stadiums, because it's built for players who average about 100 pounds less. They probably could've gotten away with it on a clear, dry night. But the game was played in London so duh! it rained.

Manning is 5 for 12 for 28 yards at the half because he can't grip the ball, his receivers can't catch it and no one can get their footing. Meanwhile the Giants have 97 rushing yards and Brandon Jacobs is averaging six yards per carry. The Giants get the ball to start the second half, leading 13-0 with a chance to bury the Dolphins and they throw the ball on their first three plays. <span class="caps">HUH</span>? <span class="caps">WHAT</span>? Does that make any sense to anyone?
      </p>[/quote]

London = RAIN

So to start having more NFL games there is idiotic, but hey, $$$ is what they care about...

I think they threw 3 in a row because they WANTED to just put the game away, go up 20-0
      and then slow the game down by running it the rest of the way...it didn't go their way but they
      still won...

Comment

Anyone think trading Moss for a solid kicker is a good idea??

Moss seems to only come in during "trick" plays, I'm concerned he
        may never really develop into a good reciever, then lose his value and
        we then get nothing for him...

Is his brother Santana really all that great? He is always injured....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone think trading Moss for a solid kicker is a good idea??

[/quote]

I don't like the trading idea. I feel we can sign a decent kicker without trading one of our guys.

Comment

[quote user="Chopper"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone think trading Moss for a solid kicker is a good idea??

[/quote]

I don't like the trading idea. I feel we can sign a decent kicker without trading one of our guys.
            [/quote]

Well we're going to have to use him more than just end arounds....

As I've told MJ, Droughns and McQuarters aren't really doing it on punt/kick returns, Moss
            seems to be more agile, maybe he can fill those roles...

This keeps both Droughns and McQuarters healthy which we dearly need if we want to
            play well in the second half....

If Moss gets "HURT" then we trade him because he is injury proned and then just slip
            Droughns and McQuarters back into special teams...

Comment

hey there. how's things? bit of a shame about the quality of the game huh? oh well, at least we won it!

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey there. how's things? bit of a shame about the quality of the game huh? oh well, at least we won it!
                [/quote]

Yeah, the WIN is important as well as no injuries for such a horrific game.....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey there. how's things? bit of a shame about the quality of the game huh? oh well, at least we won it!
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

true, i was woried when stray was out on the sidelines, and then jacobs looked to be limping off at one point too! after it was over i was relieved though, and didn't really mind missing it in person either!

i agree with you that we need to start using moss on special teams or trade him. he seems to be a bit of wasted roster space right now! though it was good to see bradshaw get a shot on return duty last night!

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey there. how's things? bit of a shame about the quality of the game huh? oh well, at least we won it!
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

true, i was woried when stray was out on the sidelines, and then jacobs looked to be limping off at one point too! after it was over i was relieved though, and didn't really mind missing it in person either!

i agree with you that we need to start using moss on special teams or trade him. he seems to be a bit of wasted roster space right now! though it was good to see bradshaw get a shot on return duty last night!
                    [/quote]

Yup BJ and Strahan I was the most worried about!!! They seem to be ok now though....

I'm just not sure what the deal is with Moss...the coach doesn't seem to trust him....

I'm just tired of holding onto players that we though had potential...either we use them now
                    or get rid of them....

At 5'8 Sinorice Moss needs to either play like Steve Smith (panthers) or he just doesn't have it..

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Yup BJ and Strahan I was the most worried about!!! They seem to be ok now though....

I'm just not sure what the deal is with Moss...the coach doesn't seem to trust him....

I'm just tired of holding onto players that we though had potential...either we use them now
                      or get rid of them....

At 5'8 Sinorice Moss needs to either play like Steve Smith (panthers) or he just doesn't have it..

[/quote]

he is danger of becoming the next tim carter! and heck, it would be nice to see him play like steve smith (giants) because he did ok when he had his chance!

Comment

What happened to Coughlin's head in your avatar AG?

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]What happened to Coughlin's head in your avatar AG?
                          [/quote]

hey JG, would you like me to have another go at your avatar, or is that one ok for ya? I never even realised AG made a new head coach one! when did that happen??

Comment

It was nice to see Bradshaw in on Kick return. He had a sweet one. Where the heck is hixon?

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]What happened to Coughlin's head in your avatar AG?
                              [/quote]

hey JG, would you like me to have another go at your avatar, or is that one ok for ya? I never even realised AG made a new head coach one! when did that happen??
                              [/quote]

hhhhmmmm..... you have something else in mind...I wouldn't mind seeing it.....but I do like this one too!
                              I have been getting many compliments on the great avatar! Many thanks for it andy! []

Comment

lol nice avatar AG

Comment

Working...
                                X