Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]Maybe, I dunno, I'm kind of a purist at heart, I want to root for the team not players..... This may suxk, I might have to leave the country again during this game. Last time I did that we had our buts handed to us by Chicago.[/quote]

I agree, I've never played FF or paid attention to it because I don't want to root against
    my team or any other players that I don't like but it's pretty fun...

Where are you going?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Maybe, I dunno, I'm kind of a purist at heart, I want to root for the team not players..... This may suxk, I might have to leave the country again during this game. Last time I did that we had our buts handed to us by Chicago.[/quote]

I agree, I've never played FF or paid attention to it because I don't want to root against
      my team or any other players that I don't like but it's pretty fun...

Where are you going?
      [/quote]Possibly delivering a plane to Portugal.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Possibly delivering a plane to Portugal.[/quote]

Sounds like fun. Not something you hear a lot!!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"]Ok so Sunday is D-day for the Giants. We've been here before in many other seasons. The Seahawks in 06', then the Cowboys & Eagles in November of that same year come time mind. We lost each of those games. And lets not even go there with the playoffs. My point is this...every season since '05 the Giants have done things to make people pay more attention to them and then that attention gets put to the test in some sort of statement game and we fail miserably. Last season we were tested often, but this season we haven't been. Obviously discounting the first two weeks we haven't had to do much besides beat the teams we should beat. But our losses came from two teams with a combined record of 14-2 and that says one or two things, we're either not good enuff to beat the best the NFC has to offer or that was the old Giants in weeks 1&2 and these new guys are here to stay. And if it's the later that means that they HAVE to win Sunday...one b/c if Dallas sweeps us it would be devastating and two we have to prove to that we are a contender in the NFC. And sitting at 7-2 we would be a force, but until we can beat the top of the NFC then we're nothing and that's the bottom line.

This game is HUGE and I know the players know this but they have to win this game. Rhomo and TO are too happy in Dallas and their numbers last night were insane. Eli & Plax have got to get back to where they were in the beginning of the season. We've gone two games now and Plax has no TD's. Our offense has to be on Sunday and I know they can be but they have to win the games ppl expect us to lose or else no one will every trust them with a winning record as some ppl don't right now.

So here's to a huge game for the G-Men. Filled with plenty of sacks & high scores.

Go Giants!
          [/quote]

Well written and I agree completely. We haven't been talked about because of other hoopla around the league and if we don't win against Dallas, the media will be glad they didn't bother talking about us as we were just pretenders..

It is a VERY huge game, and I am tired of seeing TO and Rhomo smile so damn much. I was rooting for the egirls but they sucked....I was rooting for the Jets but they sucked...

I was rooting for the Colts and they lost. (but they don't suck)

So next game is crucial because I will be rooting for the Giants and they cannot suck!!!

Also like you said, Eli and Plax need to find their rhythm again, whatever they had before has
          completely vanished!!!!!!!!!! And Shockey needs to get in the game early, he's been MIA....

[/quote]
          Agreed! And I love your use of the word suck. Hee hee...

Comment

[quote user="Bleu"]
            Agreed! And I love your use of the word suck. Hee hee...
            [/quote]

haha I'm glad you picked up on that....

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]All I know, is I kind of feel bad for the Jets. Bellycheck is gonna <font color="#ff1493">murderize</font> them. I'm seeing a 50 point blow out.[/quote]

I love that word. I'm stealing it MJG!

Comment

I needed a little humor b/c I rooted for each one of those teams yesterday too. So I completely feel your pain. To see the Cowboys at 7-1 is disturbing. But let's be real here the Redskins are PRETENDERS too b/c they sucked against the Jets...it took OT to get a 3 pt win over them. The Eagles are done they looked terrible yesterday McNabb is DONE and Andy Reid needs to resign, no better yet stay and keep ruining them. It's annoying when I can't respect the competition though. I respect the Cowboys b/c they've been winning games and looking good while doing so minus the Bills game, but the Redskins threaten us every season and cost us in injuries and they always flop. I can't stand them, they're D is a mirage and their O is shady.

Comment

The Media still has us ranked pretty high, above the lions, which I don't like. I also see that some of the teams we are facing in this second half are looking a lot better. Childress has finally fallen off of his stupid truck and realized the way to wining is to feed AP the ball. The Bears have no O, but Vikings do, and so do the Lions, and the Lions D decimated the once mighty Broncos. I wonder if the Broncs regret trading Plummer?

Comment

[quote user="Bleu"]I needed a little humor b/c I rooted for each one of those teams yesterday too. So I completely feel your pain. To see the Cowboys at 7-1 is disturbing. But let's be real here the Redskins are PRETENDERS too b/c they sucked against the Jets...it took OT to get a 3 pt win over them. The Eagles are done they looked terrible yesterday McNabb is DONE and Andy Reid needs to resign, no better yet stay and keep ruining them. It's annoying when I can't respect the competition though. I respect the Cowboys b/c they've been winning games and looking good while doing so minus the Bills game, but the Redskins threaten us every season and cost us in injuries and they always flop. I can't stand them, they're D is a mirage and their O is shady.
                    [/quote]

Yeah I'm sure the Skin's Vs Egirls game is going to be hyped.... []

What's worse about playing bad teams is injuries. Not that it makes it feel any better getting
                    them against a good team, but atleast it was against a worthy opponent. I can't tell you
                    how bad the egirls were last night. They just couldn't get anything done....
                    Westbrook is the ONLY offense on that team, I can't believe how bad McNabb has become...
                    He has really regressed...

Let's just focus on our game against Dallas, someone needs to pop Rhomo in the mouth!!!

Comment

By the way, the guy that cut my hair today looked JUST like Rex Grossman, it was surreal....

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]The Media still has us ranked pretty high, above the lions, which I don't like. I also see that some of the teams we are facing in this second half are looking a lot better. Childress has finally fallen off of his stupid truck and realized the way to wining is to feed AP the ball. The Bears have no O, but Vikings do, and so do the Lions, and the Lions D decimated the once mighty Broncos. I wonder if the Broncs regret trading Plummer?[/quote]

Cutler is hurt right? Is he gone for the season?

I'm not sure they regret it because where is Plummer now? He's not starting anywhere....

I'm not afraid of the Vikes believe it or not, whats going to happen is that they will get used
                        to just giving AP the ball, so our D can just zero in on him. You stop him, and the rest of the
                        offense stutters....

The Lions I am quite concerned about, and their D causes a lot of turnovers....

Comment

hey folks, how's it going? i'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but i don't hate the pats! sure, i was rooting for the colts, but i can't help but be impressed by the way new england manage to play so well.

i have a thought about the giants too. the past few seasons, we have had fairly early bye weeks. could this be the reason for our late season struggles? with the bye this year being closer to the middle of the season, our players should be more refreshed as we go into the second half. i don't know, just an idea.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]By the way, the guy that cut my hair today looked JUST like Rex Grossman, it was surreal....
                            [/quote]</P>

maybe sex cannon found a new job?[:O]</P>

I tell you, the Pats were lucky yesterday. They faced a Colts team that had injuries to key playmakers, and the backups effed it up. (Two key drops, that I doubt Marvin Harrison would have let go). It will be an interesting playoff game to say the least.</P>

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey folks, how's it going? i'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but i don't hate the pats! sure, i was rooting for the colts, but i can't help but be impressed by the way new england manage to play so well.

i have a thought about the giants too. the past few seasons, we have had fairly early bye weeks. could this be the reason for our late season struggles? with the bye this year being closer to the middle of the season, our players should be more refreshed as we go into the second half. i don't know, just an idea.
                              [/quote]

The last 2 seasons we NEEDED the BYE weeks because we were so decimated with injuries...

Now as we are rolling along, the BYE week is slowing down our momentum as well as that London trip.
                              But whatever injuries we do have I hope they take the time and heal those players so that we
                              can come out firing on all cylinders this Sunday....

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey folks, how's it going? i'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but i don't hate the pats! sure, i was rooting for the colts, but i can't help but be impressed by the way new england manage to play so well.

[/quote]The next 3 games we will see if we have the normal regression we have seen over the past two years. Hopefully Eli recovers from a really bad showing in jolly old london.

Comment

Working...
                                X