Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

ugly game. </P>

d plays too soft when we "think" we have the lead and Kiwi and Jacobs go down.</P>

Plax needs rest and time to properly heal...</P>

no question. we are a good team, but just barely. we ain't elite. no way no how.</P>

D needs to bone up but at least Butler and Madison stepped up when we needed it most.</P>

2 more wins and we did better than last season. </P>

Minnesota won't be easy, especially with chester taylor and the man-child on the field.</P>

willbe bloody.</P>

for now soak up this victory we snatched from the jaws of the lions. a Dub's a Dub.</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

I'm really confused by this team.

With 2 possessions and a chance to close out this game our offense held the ball for a whopping 27 secs. Not even a full minute!!! With the game on the line they just couldn't step it up. I am very nervous about this team b/c they're not winning or even playing well right now offensively. They look really bad at times and these field goals are really pissing me off!

I know this game was a statement game and we had to play tough against the Lions who needed it as bad as we did, but I mean I'm just not feeling how they're getting things done lately!

We're not dominating anymore and we have to play better in order to compete w/Green Bay and Dallas! I hope they get it together.

However, PROPS to our defense for stepping up and getting it done for us in spite of the offense. They held it down, Strahan, Wilson, Butler, & Madison kept us alive in this one.

Comment

What an ugly game. I am NOT impressed.

How many times is BJ going to get hurt? When will Plax finally heal? He doesn't even practice during the weeks.

Droughns is looking more and more like a gem....

How about we start Droughns, and make BJ a 3rd down back and full time 4th quarter starter.

Apparently he's not built to play a full game....

Comment

[quote user="Bleu"]I'm really confused by this team.

With 2 possessions and a chance to close out this game our offense held the ball for a whopping 27 secs. Not even a full minute!!! With the game on the line they just couldn't step it up. I am very nervous about this team b/c they're not winning or even playing well right now offensively. They look really bad at times and these field goals are really pissing me off!

I know this game was a statement game and we had to play tough against the Lions who needed it as bad as we did, but I mean I'm just not feeling how they're getting things done lately!

We're not dominating anymore and we have to play better in order to compete w/Green Bay and Dallas! I hope they get it together.

However, PROPS to our defense for stepping up and getting it done for us in spite of the offense. They held it down, Strahan, Wilson, Butler, &amp; Madison kept us alive in this one.[/quote]

Exactly...what is going on?

27 seconds? That is a joke....the win doesn't make me feel any better....

It's a damn good thing we are done playing Dallas, and Green Bay only once....

Healthwise, if we don't get healthy, we will stumble into the playoffs and lose in the first round....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Healthwise, if we don't get healthy, we will stumble into the playoffs and lose in the first round....

[/quote]

Agreed. I'll take the W but I am not happy with the way we played today. It drives me nuts that we can't close out games. And.... the f'in injuries are starting all over again!!!

Comment

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

Agreed. I'll take the W but I am not happy with the way we played today. It drives me nuts that we can't close out games. And.... the f'in injuries are starting all over again!!!
              [/quote]

We were plagued with injuries today.

We lost Kiwi, he's gone now, Torber is a decent backup, but that's the problem, he's a backup...

Everytime BJ gets healthy he gets hurt.....he's injury prone, we're going to have to admit that...
              And so is Ward...

Again, next season, trade Ward, get a younger quick back. We should have kept Grant, now Green Bay has him and he's stellar....made no sense to me....

Comment

I'm happy we won...
                But with Plax hobbling around....
                Jacobs now hurt....
                Our offense is gonna be hurting.......
                Add in the penalties and mistakes.........we left a lot there....
                Where is Osi?

But with all that said...yay...we won!
                Eli was great today...
                Moss was actually useful...even though he had that fumble...there was a Moss sighting.....
                Bradshaw is fantabulous.......
                Tuck rocks my world........
                In key situations...the secondary actually made some plays......[:O]

We will probably know more about Kiwi's injury tomorrow..they have to see about the type of break...but if it is his fibula....it won't be too too bad. If it was the tibia...that would be more of a problem since that is the weight bearing bone....

Hope Jacobs is ok.....

Let's get another win next week......

Comment

A win is a win. Yes, we there are some parts that need work, but the bottom line is that we got it down. I don't see us blowing any team out this year, or completely dominating one, but the only thing that truely matters is that we win.

Comment

GREAT WIN!!

Comment

i just want o re-iterate something:</P>

chester taylor and adrian PETE-ersen are the real deal 2-headed monster of the NFL.</P>

more so now than ever are we gonna need a serious run-blitz scheme and zone packages.</P>

this next game to me is really going to establish just who we are Defensively!!!</P>

agh!!! ugly game today, and the turds blew out the skins, so we can pretty much kiss the NFC East title good bye[8o|]</P>

anyway. i really think we need at least one more big play type CB and another OLB, Kiwi is probably done for the year.</P>

Comment

they won by 5, iw ouldnt say blown out, if campbell didnt throw that dumb Pick with 2 minutes left and ran the balll, i think they had a real chance at winning. that being said, yeah they might have wrapped up the east, but they are on a short week and jets just beat an impressive steeler team .

Comment

• WK 10 Breathe Out

Morning All. yes it was ugly but we won right? So let's just bask in the victory for the next 6 days.</P>

(God i HATE mondays!!!!)</P>

anyway everyone have a safe day, Go Giants!!!! </P>

Comment

• Re: WK 10 Breathe Out

On a "lighter" Note...</P>

</P>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071119/...ngerous_cities</P>

</P>

DETROIT - In another blow to the Motor City's tarnished image, <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_0 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Detroit</SPAN> pushed past <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_1 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">St. Louis</SPAN> to become the nation's most dangerous city, according to a private research group's controversial analysis, released Sunday, of annual <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_2 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">FBI crime statistics</SPAN>. </P>
                            <DIV class=lrec>The study drew harsh criticism even before it came out. The American Society of Criminology launched a pre-emptive strike Friday, issuing a statement attacking it as "an irresponsible misuse" of crime data.</DIV>

The 14th annual "City Crime Rankings: Crime in Metropolitan America" was published by CQ Press, a unit of Congressional Quarterly Inc. It is based on the <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_3 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">FBI</SPAN>'s Sept. 24 crime statistics report.</P>

The report looked at 378 cities with at least 75,000 people based on per-capita rates for homicide, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and auto theft. Each crime category was considered separately and weighted based on its seriousness, CQ Press said.</P>

Last year's crime leader, St. Louis, fell to No. 2. Another Michigan city, Flint, ranked third, followed by Oakland Calif.; Camden, N.J.; <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_4 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Birmingham, Ala</SPAN>.; <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_5 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">North Charleston</SPAN>, S.C.; <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_6 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Memphis, Tenn</SPAN>.; Richmond, Calif.; and <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_7 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Cleveland</SPAN>.</P>

The study ranked Mission Viejo, Calif., as the safest U.S. city, followed by Clarkstown, N.Y.; Brick Township, N.J.; Amherst, N.Y.; and <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_8 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Sugar Land, Texas</SPAN>.</P>

CQ Press spokesman Ben Krasney said details of the weighting system were proprietary. It was compiled by <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_9 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Kathleen O'Leary Morgan</SPAN> and Scott Morgan, whose Morgan Quitno Press published it until its acquisition by CQ Press.</P>

The study assigns a crime score to each city, with zero representing the national average. Detroit got a score of 407, while St. Louis followed at 406. The score for Mission Viejo, in affluent Orange County, was minus 82.</P>

Detroit was pegged the nation's murder capital in the 1980s and has lost nearly 1 million people since 1950, according to the <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_10 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Census Bureau</SPAN>. Downtown sports stadiums and corporate headquarters along with the redevelopment of the riverfront of this city of 919,000 have slowed but not reversed the decline. Officials have said crime reports don't help.</P>

Detroit police officials released a statement Sunday night disputing the report, saying it fails to put crime information into proper context.</P>

"Every year this organization sends out a press release with big, bold lettering that labels a certain city as Most Dangerous, USA," Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said in the release.</P>

"It really makes you wonder if the organization is truly concerned with evaluating crime or increasing their profit," said Bully-Cummings, who noted the complete report is available only by purchase. "With crime experts across the country routinely denouncing the findings, I believe the answer is clear."</P>

The mayor of 30th-ranked Rochester, N.Y. an ex-police chief himself said the study's authors should consider the harm that the report causes.</P>

"What I take exception to is the use of these statistics and the damage they inflict on a number of these cities," said Mayor Robert Duffy, chairman of the Criminal and Social Justice Committee for the U.S. Conference of Mayors.</P>

The rankings "do groundless harm to many communities," said Michael Tonry, president of the American Society of Criminology.</P>

"They also work against a key goal of our society, which is a better understanding of crime-related issues by both scientists and the public," Tonry said.</P>

Critics also complain that numbers don't tell the whole story because of differences among cities.</P>

"You're not comparing apples and oranges; you're comparing watermelons and grapes," said Rob Casey, who heads the <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_11 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">FBI</SPAN> section that puts out the Uniform Crime Report that provides the data for the Quitno report.

The FBI posted a statement on its Web site criticizing such use of its statistics.

"These rough rankings provide no insight into the numerous variables that mold crime in a particular town, city, county, state, or region," the FBI said. "Consequently, they lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents."

Doug Goldenberg-Hart, acquisitions editor at CQ Press, said that the rankings are imperfect, but that the numbers are straightforward. Cities at the top of the list would not be there unless they ranked poorly in all six crime categories, he said.

"The idea that people oppose it, it's kind of blaming the messenger," Goldenberg-Hart said. "It's not coming to terms with the idea that crime is a persistent problem in our society."

The report "helps concerned Americans learn how their communities fare in the fight against crime," CQ Press said in a statement. "The first step in making our cities and states safer is to understand the true magnitude of their crime problems. This will only be achieved through straightforward data that all of us can use and understand."

The study excluded Chicago, <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_12 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Minneapolis</SPAN>, and other <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_13 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Illinois</SPAN> and Minnesota cities because of incomplete data.

___

Associated Press writer Jim Salter in <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1195471333_14 style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">St. Louis</SPAN> contributed </P>

Comment

Morning all,</P>

I haven't watched the game yet. I saw the GB game and they looked dominant over the Panthers. I'm not overly concerned with the loss of Kiwi, we have depth at linebacker, and this may give guys like Tobor/DeOssie/Blackburn there chance to step up. I do agree that we should have traded Ward in stead of Grant. Grant is going to be a starter full time. Well rumor has it our company is installing some big brother software that monitors where you surf, so there's a good chance I won't be able to come during business hours.</P>

MJG</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

Morning all,</p>

I haven't watched the game yet. I saw the GB game and they looked dominant over the Panthers. I'm not overly concerned with the loss of Kiwi, we have depth at linebacker, and this may give guys like Tobor/DeOssie/Blackburn there chance to step up. I do agree that we should have traded Ward in stead of Grant. Grant is going to be a starter full time. Well rumor has it our company is installing some big brother software that monitors where you surf, so there's a good chance I won't be able to come during business hours.</p>

MJG</p>[/quote]

Oh that is horrible!

Yes I'm not sure why they would keep an injury proned Ward over a young quick up and coming player like Grant....

I'm not too concerned about Kiwi either....

Comment

Working...
                                X