Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Bleu"]Ok so I know I can get a little pessimistic from time to time, but its starting to borderline TAGF in here. BJ limping off the field predictions, the Eli is not the answer comments, and defense saving us. This was a team a great game so some of the comments here are a little surprising. Look I know everyone is fed up w/Eli and inconsistency and mediocre play of the O in Dec. But this team played some good football today and we won in the end. Personally I don't think this team is the best but this game was a lot better than any game they've played in December. Our RB's had a combined 295 yards which is impressive. And our defense played well which is what they're supposed to do keep us in games and give the O a chance. Last I heard defense wins championships and strong running games get you through the playoffs. Is Eli great...no. Does he need to improve tremendously...yes. But he's the best option we have at WINNING games at this point and its about time ppl got over the draft and what we gave up for him. That talk is senseless babble seeing as though it happened almost 4yrs ago. We're 10-5 and in the playoffs with the two most important factors of championship teams. Defense &amp; Run game. Is there anyone on these boards happy when we win decisively. Not the barely win games but this game was a good one and no one seems to be happy about it.[/quote]</P>

I'm superhappy for the win but, for selfish reasons, a loss would have guarenteed me seeing the first team next week for my first live Giants game in the meadowlands!</P>

Bleu, you have to cut your thread mates some slack because we have done that for you when you post after losses[]</P>

Comment

The defenese saved the game once again today. But even so, you can't knock on how Bradshaw did, or Toomer. Both had great games, and I feel that Bradshaw should get much more PT next week and in the playoffs.

Comment

I don't think any sane person is knocking on Bradshaw, he's a GEM!!! As well as picking up Droughns....they have added great depth....

Now I guess my continued beef with Ward is because how do you continually get hurt when Tiki Barber was the the starting running back? It's like finding out every year Hasselback and J-Load are out with injuries when Eli was playing the whole time...

Here is Ward's history on the <u>bench......</u>

2004 - ankle and concussion
        2005 - Hamstring and groin - IR
        2006 - broken foot
        2007 - knee, ankle, ground, broken fibula - IR

So now, let me ask you guys, if you had to bet your car, mortgage and anything else of value, would you honeslty beleive that in 2008, Ward is going to have a CLEAN record?

Ward had a great first half, so he has value, use it or LOSE it....we don't have a good kicker, let's get one for him. You can still sell Moss's value on his potential which is what this FO is still trying to cling on to..

As for Eli, I have challenged anyone that wants to replace him, to tell me who would you get that is AVAILABLE and is on par or better? The answer is NO ONE. So as poorly as he has played, there is no way I want anyone else in there.....

Comment

I think this thread is the only sane place to post....TAGF has become miserable. Excuse me for intruding on it but damn it's frustrating sometimes.

Comment

[quote user="giantsval"]I think this thread is the only sane place to post....TAGF has become miserable. Excuse me for intruding on it but damn it's frustrating sometimes.[/quote]</P>

intruding? Hell no .</P>

WELCOME!!!</P>

to Sanctuary!!!</P>

here we gripe, blow steam, cheer and casually chat. this is a No Troll Zone!!!!</P>

Bleu;</P>

apologies as i think you are venting in my general direction. i bleed blue, in the beginning i somewhat blindly defended Eli, for at least 3 straight seasons.</P>

like an investment you want to see a solid return. pessimism and optimism aside, Giants football makes for good macho psuedo-drama; but it's nerve-wracking at the least.</P>

i will voice my displeasure, this is a MB and it is a forum for the fans to cheer, jeer and what ever else, as long as it is done in taste and with respect for fellow posters. i for the most part attempt to do such.</P>

being loyal and supportive is NEVER a bad thing, but stating hopes for a future is equally relative.</P>

i want to be a Dominanting Force in the League. it's a guy thing perhaps, but there ain't a soul on here, you included, who wouldn't want to see the Jints, our Jints, go 16-0...</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[quote user="giantsval"]I think this thread is the only sane place to post....TAGF has become miserable. Excuse me for intruding on it but damn it's frustrating sometimes.[/quote]</P>

intruding? Hell no .</P>

WELCOME!!!</P>

to Sanctuary!!!</P>

here we gripe, blow steam, cheer and casually chat. this is a No Troll Zone!!!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Thank you, I cant believe and actually got mad for the first time on this board because I was accused of being an Eli fan and not a Giant fan. I'm 40 and have been a Giant fan my whole life. I hate he screws up and it makes me sick but some of the things that get said are plain crazy.</P>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I don't think any sane person is knocking on Bradshaw, he's a GEM!!! As well as picking up Droughns....they have added great depth....

Now I guess my continued beef with Ward is because how do you continually get hurt when Tiki Barber was the the starting running back? It's like finding out every year Hasselback and J-Load are out with injuries when Eli was playing the whole time...

Here is Ward's history on the <u>bench......</u>

2004 - ankle and concussion
                2005 - Hamstring and groin - IR
                2006 - broken foot
                2007 - knee, ankle, ground, broken fibula - IR

So now, let me ask you guys, if you had to bet your car, mortgage and anything else of value, would you honeslty beleive that in 2008, Ward is going to have a CLEAN record?

Ward had a great first half, so he has value, use it or LOSE it....we don't have a good kicker, let's get one for him. You can still sell Moss's value on his potential which is what this FO is still trying to cling on to..

As for Eli, I have challenged anyone that wants to replace him, to tell me who would you get that is AVAILABLE and is on par or better? The answer is NO ONE. So as poorly as he has played, there is no way I want anyone else in there.....

[/quote]

I might make that bet, since it will probably have great odds...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Our running game is going to be most of the offense today.

That means using BJ a lot....don't be shocked to see BJ pulling a hammy by end of 3rd quarter..
                  Or some other issue...just watch your TV screen, he's going to limp to the sidelines...

Yes, this game got me in a bad mood opening kickoff.....
                  [/quote]

hmm, that's funny, that's exactly what just happened.....same quarter as predicted....

[/quote]</P>

Thats why you're the Head Coach. You can't teach stuff like that !!</P>

Comment

[quote user="giantsval"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[quote user="giantsval"]I think this thread is the only sane place to post....TAGF has become miserable. Excuse me for intruding on it but damn it's frustrating sometimes.[/quote]</p>

intruding? Hell no .</p>

WELCOME!!!</p>

to Sanctuary!!!</p>

here we gripe, blow steam, cheer and casually chat. this is a No Troll Zone!!!!</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Thank you, I cant believe and actually got mad for the first time on this board because I was accused of being an Eli fan and not a Giant fan. I'm 40 and have been a Giant fan my whole life. I hate he screws up and it makes me sick but some of the things that get said are plain crazy.</p>[/quote]

Welcome! We accept all sane individuals!! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Comment

Another reason to like Ryan Grant? He's from my hometowm! Dammnit!

How did I let that one get passed me!!! I remember reading about someone in my hometown
                      going to the Giants but it didn't register that it was Ryan Grant!!

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Our running game is going to be most of the offense today.

That means using BJ a lot....don't be shocked to see BJ pulling a hammy by end of 3rd quarter..
                        Or some other issue...just watch your TV screen, he's going to limp to the sidelines...

[/quote]

hmm, that's funny, that's exactly what just happened.....same quarter as predicted....

[/quote]</p>

Thats why you're the Head Coach. You can't teach stuff like that !!</p>[/quote]

Well the 1st Annual AGHC award goes to the winner of this year's fantasy football so stay tuned!!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bansaw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Thats why you're the Head Coach. You can't teach stuff like that !!</P>

[/quote]

Well the 1st Annual AGHC award goes to the winner of this year's fantasy football so stay tuned!!

[/quote]</P>

ya gotta play to win don't ya?[:$]</P>

drumroll please......................................</P>

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

ya gotta play to win don't ya?[:$]</p>

drumroll please......................................</p>[/quote]

After this years FF, the final matchup is between me and Bjacobs. And we are literally neck and neck.
                            Although the outlook doesn't look so good for me because he's got LT playing tonite and I am pretty much done. If LT get's shutdown, it would be very interesting who wins..

Here's the banner in case you missed it....

Comment

ick, i think you got this one AG, Antonio Gates and a 15 point lead vs LaDainian... I think you'll win by 3 is my prediction!

Comment

[quote user="BJacobs27"]ick, i think you got this one AG, Antonio Gates and a 15 point lead vs LaDainian... I think you'll win by 3 is my prediction![/quote]</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>yeah well, if AG doesn't win he ought to be fired... i mean here he is the "star" of this thread, promoted to a Mod and what not...</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>i'm just saying though []</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>onto other things i guess i can sympathise with Lady Bleu. i ventured to the mainsite/TAGF and holy wow !!! it really is nuts over there.</FONT></P>

i just think that the fact that you're considered a non-fan if you complain is absurd.</P>

are we spoiled? if so, then from what/when? Eli and gilbride are the major sources of most threads with the D following at 3-hole. on the one hand i guess we can all be good little programmed Blue robots and be infinitely optimistic in our appraisal of the Team, or it would appear any bah-humbugary and you either a troll or a know-nothing fan.</P>

then we have my personal favorite kind of Jint fan, the washed up athlete. I played a few yearsas a RB and CB/S; but at this stage in my life i couldn't state a large number of plays and somehow this relagates me to an idiot poster who "obviously" knows nothing about the sport.</P>

so here we are, in the last oasis found on the Giants' MB and i guess from Bleu's POV I, or some of us, have brought some of "that crud" from "over there" in"here". well i do apologize.</P>

all i wanted to do was talk,share and live Giants football with "real fans" especially since my geographical location puts me in the extreme of minority. in all sports.</P>

GY76</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X