Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

I don't know what CRT means, but I can definetly tell the difference between a 32" HDTV and a 32" SDTV. It's honestly night and day.

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey guys, how goes it? hopefully, this should be my return to regular posting! i can't make guarantees yet, but it looks promising!I've missed a lot!

do you guys over in the states have to get a fairly large TV before you start to notice the difference HD makes? thats how it seems to be over here. I have a 32" CRT TV, and as far as i can tell from store displays, it's just as good as a 32" plasma or LCD is in HD.
      [/quote]

Well if you have a 27" HD TV you can definitley see how clear it is. My 19" monitor at work shows HD and it is super clear.

If you want to get into the 720p and 1080p debate, they say only 50" and up will you notice the 1080p.

The human eye really can't tell the difference, they are both so clear...

Welcome back, who is that chick in your avatar?

Comment

[quote user="Berliner24"]I don't know what CRT means, but I can definetly tell the difference between a 32" HDTV and a 32" SDTV. It's honestly night and day.[/quote]

CRT is your traditional analog tube TV.

It stands for Cathode Ray Tube. It has 3 primary guns that shoots color at your TV screen...

Comment

[quote user="Berliner24"]I don't know what CRT means, but I can definetly tell the difference between a 32" HDTV and a 32" SDTV. It's honestly night and day.[/quote]

CRT means cathode ray tube. it's the old type of TV before flat screens came out.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Well if you have a 27" HD TV you can definitley see how clear it is. My 19" monitor at work shows HD and it is super clear.

If you want to get into the 720p and 1080p debate, they say only 50" and up will you notice the 1080p.

The human eye really can't tell the difference, they are both so clear...

Welcome back, who is that chick in your avatar?
            [/quote]

over here our standard TV gets a better picture than you get too. we have 526 lines compared to your 400 and something lines.

It's good to be back. the "chick" is pink. my current favourite goodlooking woman on the planet.

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]

over here our standard TV gets a better picture than you get too. we have 526 lines compared to your 400 and something lines.

It's good to be back. the "chick" is pink. my current favourite goodlooking woman on the planet.
              [/quote]

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. ....I wonder why the difference? Must be a pain for manufacturers to support both types...

Comment

Ohhh the Wonder Years!!! She looooks GRRREAT!!!!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

[/quote]

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. ....I wonder why the difference? Must be a pain for manufacturers to support both types...

[/quote]

it's most annoying when it comes to video games. they do the US and Japanese versions first, then we get it in europe months later. your system is NTSC and ours is PAL. but don't ask me what that stands for, it's just the region coding system.

Comment

it's most annoying when it comes to video games. they do the US and Japanese versions first, then we get it in europe months later. your system is NTSC and ours is PAL. but don't ask me what that stands for, it's just the region coding system.
                    [/quote]

It's all silly if you ask me, standardize on one thing and move on with it. Same with electric plugs!!

And then you buy DVD's and they have regions!! come on!!!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

[/quote]

It's all silly if you ask me, standardize on one thing and move on with it. Same with electric plugs!!

And then you buy DVD's and they have regions!! come on!!!
                      [/quote]

it would certainly make more sense! then when i come over to the states in 2009, i can take my own battery chargers and stuff!

Comment

ha ha ha, quality!

Comment

ha ha ha, quality!
                          [/quote]

haha that's great! And of course only those that grew up in the 80's/90's would get that joke..

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

haha that's great! And of course only those that grew up in the 80's/90's would get that joke..
                            [/quote]

yup. and of course, those of us who enjoyed one of the eary scenes in charlies angels 2!

Comment

can't touch this.... </P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

yup. and of course, those of us who enjoyed one of the eary scenes in charlies angels 2!
                                [/quote]

Well I'm getting ready to begin my journey home. Hope you come back for good this time!

Comment

Working...
                                X