Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

Is anyone watching the parade right now? I'm listening on Sirius, but it's not the same.

Comment

Anybody think that we were destined to win, when a former Giant players daughter sang the "Star Spangled Banner?"

Comment

</P>

Comment

</P>

Comment

Good article here</P>

http://deadspin.com/352191/how-that-...ew-york-giants</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

Good article here</P>

http://deadspin.com/352191/how-that-...ew-york-giants</P>

[/quote]</P>

Emmit Smith is a Moe-Ron</P>

Comment

Cmon he's made up a whole new Engrish. </P>

better here</P>

Comment

Pretty good ceremony....

Too bad Bloomberg screwed up and said, "the voice of the NY Giants....Bob Popper..."

You should have seen the look on his face after that, he's prolly thinking, "it's Papa you idiot!!"

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

better here</P>

[/quote]</P>

I love that original clip on Berman. That cat is just beside himself in parts of that rant.</P>

Berman is one of my favorite talking heads.................and then there's E. Smith[:|]</P>

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="mjg407"]

better here</P>

[/quote]</P>

I love that original clip on Berman. That cat is just beside himself in parts of that rant.</P>

Berman is one of my favorite talking heads.................and then there's E. Smith[:|]</P>

[/quote]a little different in the two... go from whaop look at the little meggit go to....</P>

the defense needs to carouse the runner</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

I just made this....lol</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

this is now my desktop background....</P>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Just incase anyone is lazy to read the whole article....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ead/index.html

SALARY CAP </P>

New York is projected to have about $20 million to work with under the $116 million cap (which is up $7 million from last year's $109 million), and that's a better position than the Giants were in last year at this time. In terms of salary cap room, New York is in the upper third of the league. Even better, the Super Bowl champs don't have a very daunting list of its own free agents to worry about, so general manager Jerry Reese has said the Giants should be able to do their fair share of shopping in the market.</P>

FREE AGENCY </P>

Locking up starting free safety Gibril Wilson is New York's clear-cut No. 1 priority in terms of its own unrestricted free agents. Safety is already a weak spot on the depth chart, and losing Wilson would only compound the problem. The Giants would also like to retain weakside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, although they won't break the bank for him because they're also high on Gerris Wilkinson, a promising second-year player who performed behind Mitchell in 2007.</P>

New York's other free-agent linebacker, Reggie Torbor, became a starter only after 2006 first-round pick Mathias Kiwanuka -- a converted defensive end -- was injured and lost for the season. The Giants are not expected to make much effort to keep Torbor. New York will gladly let defensive tackle William Joseph reach free agency. The team's 2003 first-round pick missed almost all of the season with a back injury and has been a complete bust in his five years in New York.</P>

The Giants would like to retain soon-to-be 42-year-old punter Jeff Feagles, and during Super Bowl week Feagles didn't sound like a guy inclined to retire even if he finally won a ring in his 20th NFL season. New York could keep kicker Lawrence Tynes, but his inconsistency could also prompt the Giants to look in another direction.</P>

Given Ahmad Bradshaw's emergence, reserve running back Derrick Ward will probably be allowed to walk, as will longsnapper Ryan Kuehl. The Giants had two rookie snappers this season, Jay Alford and Zak DeOssie, and both were solid. No. 3 quarterback Jared Lorenzen could return, but only for a minimum deal, with the realization that New York wants an experienced backup behind Eli Manning.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Hey Guys! What's up?? hope u had a great parade in NYC this morning!</P>

was reading back and found this article very intersting, thnx AG!</P>

I too believe we should keep Wilson and Kawika. although Torbor has done his part of us becoming SBchamps he can walk, as far as i m concerned. As can our big "friend" Willie Jo (oh my, i completly forgot bout him.... he is a complete bust and still gets a ring.....[:S]). I'm afraid we have to say goodbye to Ward as well, too many injuries in the past seasons without really good seasons in between. As most i too like to see Feagles return for yet another season! He gavethe Dgreat fieldposition all year. But i m most concerned with Spag and Stray returning! I think we need both!</P>

Bout the salary cap: good thing we have something to work with. Does anyone know a FA that can help our team going back to the big game (wow i like the sound of that phrase!!)</P>

Comment

I like Reese's approach to FA, right now big name FAs demand ridiculous salaries. Reese waits to find the small pieces we need and build our team through the draft. It is almost unheard of that we signed all seven of our draft picks and signed a couple of Undrafted FAs too (big TE, FS, CB).

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]I like Reese's approach to FA, right now big name FAs demand ridiculous salaries. Reese waits to find the small pieces we need and build our team through the draft. It is almost unheard of that we signed all seven of our draft picks and signed a couple of Undrafted FAs too (big TE, FS, CB).[/quote]

Reese isn't into buying the hype anymore of today's players. No one is really worth the outrageous price tag these days....

And if someone does get paid that, the rest of the team suffers. So that individual can be "the man" at some other team but probably never win a SB....

I hope he can keep most of this team together for the next 3-4 years....

Comment

[quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

Hey Guys! What's up?? hope u had a great parade in NYC this morning!</p>

was reading back and found this article very intersting, thnx AG!</p>

I too believe we should keep Wilson and Kawika. although Torbor has done his part of us becoming SBchamps he can walk, as far as i m concerned. As can our big "friend" Willie Jo (oh my, i completly forgot bout him.... he is a complete bust and still gets a ring.....[:S]). I'm afraid we have to say goodbye to Ward as well, too many injuries in the past seasons without really good seasons in between. As most i too like to see Feagles return for yet another season! He gavethe Dgreat fieldposition all year. But i m most concerned with Spag and Stray returning! I think we need both!</p>

Bout the salary cap: good thing we have something to work with. Does anyone know a FA that can help our team going back to the big game (wow i like the sound of that phrase!!)</p>[/quote]

My heart won't be broken if Ward, Joseph leaves....there are some others that can leave too but I can't think of them right now...

I also haven't really sat down and thought about who could help improve this team, I figured it really doesn't matter since I'm not really GM so i'd rather wait to see what comes out from the FO...

Comment

Working...
                                X