Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

Oil hit a new low. If the Dems would get off their *** and pass the measures to start off shore drilling and ANWR we would see oil back to a reasonable price. Funny I sent my local congressmen and my Senators a petition for reducing the price of oil. Old Nancy Taxosi was "blah blah" only 3 months of oil... need solar cars... blah blah....

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Oil hit a new low. If the Dems would get off their *** and pass the measures to start off shore drilling and ANWR we would see oil back to a reasonable price. Funny I sent my local congressmen and my Senators a petition for reducing the price of oil. Old Nancy Taxosi was "blah blah" only 3 months of oil... need solar cars... blah blah....[/quote]

My take on this is that there's no ONE solution to this crises at all...

ANYTHING we decide on, is going to take TIME....whether it's offshore drilling, solar panels, wind power, geo, whatever....anything we do is going to take time because we don't have the infrastructure for new technology yet..

I am all for every shingle on a home being solar powered and going with Boon Pickens plan, but what's the problem with getting oil elsewhere for the time being? If anything, just a BLUFF to lower oil prices from OPEC.....

Comment

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/oldflame.htm

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

ANYTHING we decide on, is going to take TIME....whether it's offshore drilling, solar panels, wind power, geo, whatever....anything we do is going to take time because we don't have the infrastructure for new technology yet..

I am all for every shingle on a home being solar powered and going with Boon Pickens plan, but what's the problem with getting oil elsewhere for the time being? If anything, just a BLUFF to lower oil prices from OPEC.....

[/quote]That is why when Bush pulled the current moratorium (sp?) prices started dropping. If you believe that it's the speculators that are driving prices up... then this will kill that. I agree, we need a two fold solution, the here and now, and the future. We must explore expanding Nuclear power, alternate energy (and corn isn't the answer), anything to get away from OPEC. However watch the crisis in the SWA when they don't have the money coming to them... stand by for major anachary.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]That is why when Bush pulled the current moratorium (sp?) prices started dropping. If you believe that it's the speculators that are driving prices up... then this will kill that. I agree, we need a two fold solution, the here and now, and the future. We must explore expanding Nuclear power, alternate energy (and corn isn't the answer), anything to get away from OPEC. However watch the crisis in the SWA when they don't have the money coming to them... stand by for major anachary.[/quote]

What is SWA?

I do beleive the high prices is due to speculation and just the fact that other countries like China are fighting for just as much oil as us....

The BLUFF would simmer down the speculators, maybe $100 a barrel? Then the remaining $40 a barrel would be worked out naturally between countries. I am assuming of course that $60 a barrel is a reasonable market price....remember, it was roughly $30 a barrel when Bush first took office.

I think the country is willing to live with $60-$100 a barrel....

The only question is, can we please build hybrids that are COOL...not these Prius's that take out the macho in every man...

Comment

The good old days...

Comment

SWA = South West Asia

Comment

Do not want to rain on the "off shore drilling " parade.</P>

The facts are that there is actually more than enough oil available now...the issue is there is not enough refineries and alot of the oil is being kept back to keep prices up and make people panic into doing stupid stuff like offshore drilling in environmentally protected areas.</P>

Back to the show...</P>

By the way...any chance we get the Olsen twins both in the slammer soon!</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/oldflame.htm[/quote]</P>

</P>

hahahahahahaha......well done!!! All of the different NFL uniforms at the end were hilarious...[]</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Oil hit a new low. If the Dems would get off their *** and pass the measures to start off shore drilling and ANWR we would see oil back to a reasonable price. Funny I sent my local congressmen and my Senators a petition for reducing the price of oil. Old Nancy Taxosi was "blah blah" only 3 months of oil... need solar cars... blah blah....[/quote]</P>

</P>

I watched Nancy Taxosi discuss this, Sunday, on "This Week with George Stephanopoulus."</P>

Whew......no wonder the rating for Capital Hill is lower than Bush's rating. Taxosi was going around and around in circles, like she was the only one that had a handle on the oil situation....and that her solutions were the best.....no matter what.</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="Markroman"]

Do not want to rain on the "off shore drilling " parade.</P>

The facts are that there is actually more than enough oil available now...the issue is there is not enough refineries and alot of the oil is being kept back to keep prices up and make people panic into doing stupid stuff like offshore drilling in environmentally protected areas.</P>

Back to the show...</P>

By the way...any chance we get the Olsen twins both in the slammer soon!</P>

[/quote]Is that US supplies or foreign? Bottom line is that the speculators and OPEC are driving this bus. The supply of oil doesn't necessarily drive the price. For instance, the day after Katrina, the price of a gallon of gas in Westchester went up $.50/ gallon.... how the gas in the trucks, storage facilities, etc, was not affected by the loss of rigs or refining. Fact the price of oil has gone down since Bush rescinded some of the regulations for off shore drilling. What's environmentally sensitive 15 miles off the coast of CA? </P>

</P>

Side note, how hard is it to get Giants tickets?</P>

Comment

Wow, Dow is up over 300![:O]

Comment

</P>

What is the scoop on this???......Heath Ledger of "Dark Knight" fame and Mary-Kate Olsen wanting immunity in order to talk????.....</P>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/...o/heath_ledger </P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

What is the scoop on this???......Heath Ledger of "Dark Knight" fame and Mary-Kate Olsen wanting immunity in order to talk????.....</p>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/...o/heath_ledger </p>

</p>[/quote]

A real FRIEND wouldn't ask for immunity to talk to authorities to help solve this case..

She knows something, no immunity deal for her, or go to prison like everyone else...

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]

</p>

Side note, how hard is it to get Giants tickets?</p>[/quote]

It's really not that hard, just go to ticket exchange....

Comment

Working...
                                X