Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Apparentley J-Lo doesn't know why everyone is so up on Michael Phelps...hmm...perhaps because he is the best olympian ever? Swimming phenom?

Lopez, who appeared on "Good Morning America" Aug. 18 to discuss her preparations for the Malibu Triathlon, was overheard saying after the segment that she “couldn’t understand why everyone is talking about that swimmer,” according to a GMA source. “She couldn’t come up with (eight-time gold-medal winner Michael) Phelps’ name, and then she yammered on about how she was the one training for a triathlon just six months after giving birth, and how that was the big story right now, not ‘the swimmer.’ ”

[/quote]</P>

</P>

WHAT an idiot!!!!</P>

It is one thing to be self obscessed........but to be self obscessed without a clue or a brain, is just pathetic......</P>

</P>

Comment

<H6 itxtvisited="1"><FONT size=4>Weatherman freaked out by trouser snake</FONT></H6>
      <P itxtvisited="1"></P>

Comment

That was an actual headline... so what should I do with my 10,000 post?

Comment

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

I am so glad that you posted this.....I watched the games Monday night, and this was not on.....so I was THRILLED that Shawn FINALLY got the GOLD!!!!</p>

I just saw the event......hate to say it, but Nastia Liukin was PERFECT on that bar, and her routine was stellar gorgeous....but who cares, it was Shawn's turn to FINALLY win the gold.</p>

I think the bar exercise is brutal and stupid....it makes your crotch hurt just to watch it. I never saw so many Chinese girls crying in my life......they had some horrendous falls off of that bar. Plus, the Chinese lie anyway, and force those 7 and 8 year old looking girls to compete.....sucks.</p>

I loved the interview with Shawn, her coach, Bela Karolyi and Bob Costas. Shawn's coach came to the United States and built his own gym in Iowa (of all places!) In walks Shawn, at 6 yrs old, with no front teeth. Her parents mortgaged their house twice for Shawn to be able to compete. Now 10 years later....Shawn takes the Gold home for USA!!!......love it!!!!</p>

</p>[/quote]

Exactly, that's why this Olympics was full of drama, some good some bad...but it has to be one of the best and most memorial Olympics ever!

The Chinese women are good but let's be real, half of them are not 16 or even 15....

Shannon Miller actually believes that the IOC should remove the age limit. I was kinda shocked to hear that. I don't know all that much about gymnastics but I do think there should be some kind of age limit.

I really don't know if the world would be ready to watch 7 year olds doing all those kinds of stunts...

The story with Shawn and her coach is amazing. And how coincendental is it that he's Chinese and he's coming back to his turf only to take a gold away from his country!!!! I'm sure there are parents who risk everything for their kids and it doesn't turn out right. I'd say winning any medal in the Olympics, heck, even making it to the Olympics would be worth what they did, but now she's got gold and probably will give it one more shot in London.

Nastia was perfect I agree, her score should have been higher but I'm not complaining since she already has a gold and I wanted Shawn to get one too....

I'm also happy for Shawn's coach, it takes a lot of guts to leave China and start your own company in the U.S.....I'm glad he can now claim he helped someone get gold.....

Comment

</p>

Nastia's dad ALWAYS kisses her on the mouth, when she does well in one of her performances...YUCK!!!!!! If our dad did that to us kids, we would have to puke.....no matter how much you love your dad, his mouth should be on your mother, not his kids...[:|][:|][:|]</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yeah it's not just a peck either, he really lays it on her....of course who wouldn't, just look at Nastia!!
            But they are related so that's gross....

Anyways, do you know much about Nastia? I can't tell if she's really a nice girl or spoiled?

Her upbringing is completely different from Shawn's!!!

When they did a quick background on Nastia, they showed her riding with her dad in their Porsche.
            Meanwhile, Shawn's parents mortgaged twice their home!!!

Also, Nastia is almost never smiling during the events, I'm sure she's just nervous, but usually you see Shawn smiling with those big teeth!! Whether she won, lost or is preparing....

Also again, if you do a search for Nastia, she has this really nice website dedicated to herself which makes me wonder again, if she's a bit spoiled...

Meanwhile, Shawn has no website at all....

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]That was an actual headline... so what should I do with my 10,000 post?[/quote]

That is a good number, not sure what I would do? I don't think I did anything with my first 10K....

It is weird to look at what you reach it, such a high number.....but well worth it with quality posts!!!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</P>

I am so glad that you posted this.....I watched the games Monday night, and this was not on.....so I was THRILLED that Shawn FINALLY got the GOLD!!!!</P>

I just saw the event......hate to say it, but Nastia Liukin was PERFECT on that bar, and her routine was stellar gorgeous....but who cares, it was Shawn's turn to FINALLY win the gold.</P>

I think the bar exercise is brutal and stupid....it makes your crotch hurt just to watch it. I never saw so many Chinese girls crying in my life......they had some horrendous falls off of that bar. Plus, the Chinese lie anyway, and force those 7 and 8 year old looking girls to compete.....sucks.</P>

I loved the interview with Shawn, her coach, Bela Karolyi and Bob Costas. Shawn's coach came to the United States and built his own gym in Iowa (of all places!) In walks Shawn, at 6 yrs old, with no front teeth. Her parents mortgaged their house twice for Shawn to be able to compete. Now 10 years later....Shawn takes the Gold home for USA!!!......love it!!!!</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Exactly, that's why this Olympics was full of drama, some good some bad...but it has to be one of the best and most memorial Olympics ever!

The Chinese women are good but let's be real, half of them are not 16 or even 15....

Shannon Miller actually believes that the IOC should remove the age limit. I was kinda shocked to hear that. I don't know all that much about gymnastics but I do think there should be some kind of age limit.

I really don't know if the world would be ready to watch 7 year olds doing all those kinds of stunts...

The story with Shawn and her coach is amazing. And how coincendental is it that he's Chinese and he's coming back to his turf only to take a gold away from his country!!!! I'm sure there are parents who risk everything for their kids and it doesn't turn out right. I'd say winning any medal in the Olympics, heck, even making it to the Olympics would be worth what they did, but now she's got gold and probably will give it one more shot in London.

Nastia was perfect I agree, her score should have been higher but I'm not complaining since she already has a gold and I wanted Shawn to get one too....

I'm also happy for Shawn's coach, it takes a lot of guts to leave China and start your own company in the U.S.....I'm glad he can now claim he helped someone get gold.....</P>

Winning that gold will help Shawn's monetary future immensley. I became good friends with Tommy Moe, when I lived out in Jackson Wyoming. He won the gold in downhill and silver in super g in the Norway Olympics. He came from no money, born and raised in Montana and Alaska. He is laughing now. He gets to do the coolest things and still rakes in the cash for appearance fees.

[/quote]</P>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]That was an actual headline... so what should I do with my 10,000 post?[/quote]

That is a good number, not sure what I would do? I don't think I did anything with my first 10K....

It is weird to look at what you reach it, such a high number.....but well worth it with quality posts!!!
                  [/quote]</P>

</P>

Do something AWESOME!!!!!!........10K is a LOT!!!!!!</P>

AG......I don't know Markroman.....but I was livid about that stupid remark, by that WORTHLESS Gary Hall swimmer, in the "Michael Phelps - the next Lance Armstrong?" thread. I hope Markroman did not think that I was disrespectful in my answer......but Phelps and Torres have busted their butts, all of their lives, through NUMEROUS Olympic games. Both of them have been tested to death...and it just makes me livid when people pull that lame doping argument out....implying that EVERYONE is doing it. Gary Hall does not know his satin robes from his multiple tattoos....he should have retired and shut his mouth......sore loser.</P>

</P>

Comment

</p>

Do something AWESOME!!!!!!........10K is a LOT!!!!!!</p>

AG......I don't know Markroman.....but I was livid about that stupid remark, by that WORTHLESS Gary Hall swimmer, in the "Michael Phelps - the next Lance Armstrong?" thread. I hope Markroman did not think that I was disrespectful in my answer......but Phelps and Torres have busted their butts, all of their lives, through NUMEROUS Olympic games. Both of them have been tested to death...and it just makes me livid when people pull that lame doping argument out....implying that EVERYONE is doing it. Gary Hall does not know his satin robes from his multiple tattoos....he should have retired and shut his mouth......sore loser.</p>

</p>[/quote]

I completely agree with you. I sincerely hope that MP does not get plagued with doping issues down the road. Right now, it doesn't seem likely which is great. The guy has a certain charisma to him and the way he conducts himself, any doping allegations just bounces off him.

I think if MP was showy and didn't seem to have class, it would be very easy say he could have cheated.

As I said in that thread, this era is plagued with cheaters (Barry Bonds, Marion Jones...) but when it comes to MP, the buck stops here. I'm not willing to even believe he cheated....

Dara Torres went out of her way to get her blood tested and SAVED for years to come so that if they come up with any new testing, they can retest her blood again. These athletes are pure gold...

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Winning that gold will help Shawn's monetary future immensley. I became good friends with Tommy Moe, when I lived out in Jackson Wyoming. He won the gold in downhill and silver in super g in the Norway Olympics. He came from no money, born and raised in Montana and Alaska. He is laughing now. He gets to do the coolest things and still rakes in the cash for appearance fees.
                      </p>[/quote]

I've always wonder what former olympians do. There are some that stay in the spotlight forever and some that drift away. I also think depending on the sport itself is how popular you are and what you do after your olympic career...

Michael Phelps will most likely sign a huge contract with someone and create his own lineup of MP swimwear...he's already starting a company with his coach so I hope they are successful in their venture.

But look at Michael Johnson? He won 5 golds at Sydney right? Where has he been?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

</P>

[/quote]

I've always wonder what former olympians do. There are some that stay in the spotlight forever and some that drift away. I also think depending on the sport itself is how popular you are and what you do after your olympic career...

Michael Phelps will most likely sign a huge contract with someone and create his own lineup of MP swimwear...he's already starting a company with his coach so I hope they are successful in their venture.

[/quote]</P>

Yeah, I don't know where he is but that doesn't mean he isn't doing well. You probably have never heard of, or remembered Tommy and he is killing it. I think gold medal olympians just need to find their niche. Even if you aren't medaling in a popular sport, there are many people who compete in that sport, who would pay money to meet the athlete. I'm sure Shawn could open a gym, write a book, go to autograph sessions, apperances and do very well if she invested her money wisely.</P>

Funny though, you are right, I have not heard much aboutJohnson.</P>

T. Moe, owns a couple of heli ski operations in Alaska, and is the ambassador for the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. He gets paid by ski movie companies and publications for interviews and photo sessions. He also does many appearances on the East coast and makes good money.</P>

One night I got wasted with him and put his medals around my neck and acted like a fool. His wife took them off of me and I no longer thinks she likes me![:$][:$]</P>

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Yeah, I don't know where he is but that doesn't mean he isn't doing well. You probably have never heard of, or remembered Tommy and he is killing it. I think gold medal olympians just need to find their niche. Even if you aren't medaling in a popular sport, there are many people who compete in that sport, who would pay money to meet the athlete. I'm sure Shawn could open a gym, write a book, go to autograph sessions, apperances and do very well if she invested her money wisely.</p>

Funny though, you are right, I have not heard much aboutJohnson.</p>

T. Moe, owns a couple of heli ski operations in Alaska, and is the ambassador for the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. He gets paid by ski movie companies and publications for interviews and photo sessions. He also does many appearances on the East coast and makes good money.</p>

One night I got wasted with him and put his medals around my neck and acted like a fool. His wife took them off of me and I no longer thinks she likes me![:$][:$]</p>[/quote]

Wow that must have felt nice to have those medals around you. I guess the wife feels they are very personal and shouldn't go on anyone...oh well...

It's always good to have connections and "know" people, you never know when it can come in handy or if you can help someone out....

I think for most athletes, the ending of their career is almost cookie cutter.

You do your autograph sessions, write your book, and most likely start your own company or become a coach or commentator...

BTW: Did you read my post about my Volvo S60? Did you end up getting the Volvo?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</P>

Nastia's dad ALWAYS kisses her on the mouth, when she does well in one of her performances...YUCK!!!!!! If our dad did that to us kids, we would have to puke.....no matter how much you love your dad, his mouth should be on your mother, not his kids...[:|][:|][:|]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Yeah it's not just a peck either, he really lays it on her....of course who wouldn't, just look at Nastia!!
                            But they are related so that's gross....

Anyways, do you know much about Nastia? I can't tell if she's really a nice girl or spoiled?

Her upbringing is completely different from Shawn's!!!

When they did a quick background on Nastia, they showed her riding with her dad in their Porsche.
                            Meanwhile, Shawn's parents mortgaged twice their home!!!

Also, Nastia is almost never smiling during the events, I'm sure she's just nervous, but usually you see Shawn smiling with those big teeth!! Whether she won, lost or is preparing....

Also again, if you do a search for Nastia, she has this really nice website dedicated to herself which makes me wonder again, if she's a bit spoiled...

Meanwhile, Shawn has no website at all....

[/quote]</P>

</P>

I am surprised that they were in a Porsche. Nastia's parents both came from Russia, they (like Shawn's coach from China) built their gym with their own hands. I would not think that gym's bring in a boatload of $$$$. </P>

If they had a Porsche, I bet anything it was bought from some kind of endorsement money that Nastia received. (Just like Michael Phelps.......a single mom with 3 kids??? they had NO money....but now that Michael has endorsement money, big time, I think that he shares the wealth with his family...and I hope, with his coach!!!)</P>

Nastia's parents absolutely did NOT want Nastia to become a gymnast.....they were both gymnasts and they thought the life was too hard, and they wanted something better and easier for their daughter. But then, they showed the video of Nastia walking into the gym, when she was like 3 yrs old or something......doing these flips and stuff, automatically. So they figured Nastia's destiny was out of their control.....Nastia loved gymnastics, and they figured it was genetics!!!!!</P>

Nastia's dad showed some BIG TIME class, after Shawn won gold on the bar. He said it was fair and square, and now Shawn and Nastia (who were roomates) both had a gold individual medal. That was very generous of him to say that, I thought, because, his daughter, Nastia, was PERFECT gorgeous on that bar. </P>

Nastia's dad was probably being respectful to Shawn's coach, as well. One from Russia, one from China....they both used their own human labor to build their own gyms in the United States....so both of those coaches had a lot of admiration for the hard work that each had done...I would imagine.</P>

Now that you mention it.....Nastia kind of has that affect like all the Russian girl gymnasts. They are always stoic and serious. But, it might just be nerves like you said....Nastia's mom could not even stay in the building to watch Nastia....and then when the "Today" show put her on the hot seat for it....she showed up for the next event, and she was a WRECK....crawlin' all over the poor guy sittin' next to her.</P>

It would not surprise me if Nastia was a bit of a snob.....but, with all of those cameras in their face every 5 minutes, and their picture everywhere.....it might be easy for their ego's to get out of whack.</P>

BTW......by accident, I saw Bela Karolyi and his wife's (the USA coach) gymnastics web site. I was impressed with how UNpretentious it was....so that it can be more affordable for more kids, I guess. I saw their website, and they actually have a camp in Texas. They not only have the gym and equipment, but they have the kids swim in a lake, ride camels, play in the woods.....it was real "down home"........not "flashy" like Bela Karolyi always seems to act....</P>

</P>

Comment

Whoa, long post!

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Whoa, long post![/quote]</P>

</P>

I know......I goofed!!!</P>

And YOU only have 4 more posts, 'till CELEBRATION......[8]</P>

</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X