Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian Giant for HC

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Same old my man, all is well. Preparing for a new school year at a new school.</P>

How you doing? Next time I'm up visiting my mom, we should see if we can get eyeball to eyeball and knock back a couple of cold ones.</P>

[/quote]

Doing good, dude. Not much going on here, except the gf driving me up the wall. [] Nah, she's cool. I'm actually on vacation till Wednesday and then it's back to work. Good to hear about the school. I take it it's for a teaching job? Sounds like a plan. Let me know when, and I'll see what's going on in my busy schedule.

[/quote]</P>

Yessir, history and english for 8th graders. Last year I was working in a bad area of Boston with at-risk kids. This year, I'll be teaching kids at a junior boarding school paying 40,000$ a year for middle school! I'll be going from parents that don't answer my calls to parents that want to know why little johnny didn't get an A! We'll see how it goes. I hate parents that think their kid is perfect!</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Crush....Do you know Rafe Esquith??!! He wrote:</P>

"Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire" and "There Are No Shortcuts".........he won the American Teacher Award for teaching inner city schools?</P>

I meant to ask you when you were working in thathorrendous situation with the at risk kids. I was hoping that Rafe's books might help. I remember you telling that story about what that dad was making his daughter do.......eek, breaks your heart.</P>

I heard Rafe speak when he was in town for a book signing. The guy does not have a penny, because he puts everything (time and $) into developing his kids into Shakesperean theaterical artists...and they tour all over the place. He brought 7 students with him...and when he signed his books, he had all seven students lined up with him, and they all signed the books, as well. It was adorable!!!</P>

It is a BEAR working with the wealthy IMO......they are SO, "Me first, You never."</P>

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, I hope that they are paying you $327,000.00 with great benefits, and a killer 401K Plan........teachers deserve it. [Y]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Thanks for the info, I will def. look Rafe up, as I can use all the help I can get this early in my career. I found working with those kids to be so challenging and rewarding. I feel as if I am turning my back on them but def. have a plan in the works. This new school will pay for my masters in Ed. Admin. and when I finally learn the ins and outs of some of the school systems, I plan on returning and helping from the administration side. It is disgusting how little funding these kids get, who need it the most.</P>

Our education system is in big trouble and getting worse by the day. If we don't focus on it, we are ALL in big trouble. </P>

Comment

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Same old my man, all is well. Preparing for a new school year at a new school.</P>

How you doing? Next time I'm up visiting my mom, we should see if we can get eyeball to eyeball and knock back a couple of cold ones.</P>

[/quote]

Doing good, dude. Not much going on here, except the gf driving me up the wall. [] Nah, she's cool. I'm actually on vacation till Wednesday and then it's back to work. Good to hear about the school. I take it it's for a teaching job? Sounds like a plan. Let me know when, and I'll see what's going on in my busy schedule.

[/quote]</P>

Yessir, history and english for 8th graders. Last year I was working in a bad area of Boston with at-risk kids. This year, I'll be teaching kids at a junior boarding school paying 40,000$ a year for middle school! I'll be going from parents that don't answer my calls to parents that want to know why little johnny didn't get an A! We'll see how it goes. I hate parents that think their kid is perfect!</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Crush....Do you know Rafe Esquith??!! He wrote:</P>

"Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire" and "There Are No Shortcuts".........he won the American Teacher Award for teaching inner city schools?</P>

I meant to ask you when you were working in thathorrendous situation with the at risk kids. I was hoping that Rafe's books might help. I remember you telling that story about what that dad was making his daughter do.......eek, breaks your heart.</P>

I heard Rafe speak when he was in town for a book signing. The guy does not have a penny, because he puts everything (time and $) into developing his kids into Shakesperean theaterical artists...and they tour all over the place. He brought 7 students with him...and when he signed his books, he had all seven students lined up with him, and they all signed the books, as well. It was adorable!!!</P>

It is a BEAR working with the wealthy IMO......they are SO, "Me first, You never."</P>

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, I hope that they are paying you $327,000.00 with great benefits, and a killer 401K Plan........teachers deserve it. [Y]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Thanks for the info, I will def. look Rafe up, as I can use all the help I can get this early in my career. I found working with those kids to be so challenging and rewarding. I feel as if I am turning my back on them but def. have a plan in the works. This new school will pay for my masters in Ed. Admin. and when I finally learn the ins and outs of some of the school systems, I plan on returning and helping from the administration side. It is disgusting how little funding these kids get, who need it the most.</P>

Our education system is in big trouble and getting worse by the day. If we don't focus on it, we are ALL in big trouble. </P>

[/quote]</P>

If you read some of the reviews on Rafe on Amazon.com, or do a google search....some people point out that he is maniacal, because he works constantly....but his HEART is in the right place. He has done amazing things, and now some of the kids that have made it to college, come back to help him out. It also helps that he has an understanding wife, who is onboard, and helps out. They take these kids all over the place...just to interview/or check out which college to go to, etc.</P>

His books are short and sweet, and cheap on Amazon.com.</P>

The BEST movie about educating inner city kids is, "Mad Hot Ballroom".......OMG....it is so FUNNY and adorable!!! It is about these teachers in New York, who motivate their kids, from poor inner city schools, through dance. Then it shows all of the steps that the competing schools go thru to win a ball room dance contest. The kids are just WAY CUTE....and you laugh and tear up...VERY well done movie.</P>

Personally, no matter how much money they throw at education, I don't see how teachers stand a chance. What can you do with a kid, who's brain is 1/2 way gone, and barely makes it to school, because his/her parents are loser meth addicts?</P>

I feel like FDR ruined our country, when he set up the program, to pay women to have a kid....that they don't want, don't feed, don't love and care for, and abuse physically/mentally/sexually/emotionally........</P>

Ergo.....I read that like 98% of our prison population has been physically/mentally/sexually/emotionally abused as kids.</P>

This is a real dichotomy....I had a great great aunt, who was only able to go to the 3rd grade. She could write a beautiful letter, had beautiful handwriting, read a lot, and she functioned well in life.</P>

GEEZ......today, teachers get SO MANY kids, whose lives are ruined by the time they sit in a desk, in 1st grade!!!!</P>

What you are doing is noble.....I hope that you can keep up all of that wonderful travel, it sure pays to take care of yourself, when you are in such a high stress profession!!! []</P>

P.S. oops....didn't mean to be so verbose....[:|]</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</P>

I was having severe Beijing Olympics withdrawal.....after 17 days of exciting TV. I almost went to Barnes and Noble and bought a copy of all their mags on the Olympic Games....</P>

But ALAS!!!The DNC has started in Denver.....this is exciting....[|-)][|-)][|-)]</P>

Nancy Pelosi has openedthe DNC...She keeps smacking her lips, think it might be a denture problem.</P>

Jimmy and Rosalyn are waving, not speaking. Jimmy looks 1000 yrs old, and Rosalyn has the exact hair color and style, but 38 face lifts later, her face no longer moves.</P>

Jessie Jackson's son spoke....alright!!! at least he took a speech class in school (unlike Pelosi) and he has RALLIED the crowd.....</P>

Oh this is fun.......[:|][|-)][:|]</P>

</P>

BTW......this board is hoppin'!!!!! there are like 150 people on the board.....folks have lots to say!!!</P>

</P>

[/quote]

You and me both!! I had start to get such a rhythm of watching the Olympics all day since it started. It was really fun watching the best people on EARTH train and compete. It was a huge party as much as it was pure competition to be the best. It sucks that it's over.

I have some of the stuff on DVR but I really don't want to watch them because it would make me feel weird...since I know none of them are even there anymore.....does that make sense?

I feel bad for London because there is absolutely no way they can compare or do anything close to what China did. The handoff to London was "ok".

My fear about London is that they won't be creative like China. My fear is that all they are going to do is have famous people (like they did with the closing ceremony) stand around, act cool, sing some rock songs and act all cool again, wail on the guitar and tell people to rock on....and....that's it!!!
        Nothing but one big 2 hour concert with different performers.....I HOPE it won't be like that...

Did you happen to catch Shawn Johnson walking with the rest of the athletes? She is sooooo SHORT!!!!

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Did you by any chance, read the Times Online article and comments, "Sex and the Olympic City" ?</P>

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4582421.ece</P>

It makes me LIVID how people keep calling Michael Phelps a "geek".......give the guy a break, already, he just won 8 Olympic Gold!!!!</P>

</P>

Comment

Emmitt Smith thinks Shawne Merriman shouldn't let the Chargers "co-horse" him into getting season ending surgery....link

Comment

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

The part that I loved the BEST.....was here Michael Phelps, finally has some money, he is a HUGE Olympic Icon......and what does he walk out on stage wearing, in front of that humungous crowd, and the whole world on TV.........a black shirt and some old faded jeans!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha...priceless!</p>

I was SO HAPPY that Shawn did not go home early, like Nastia did......Shawn looked like she was just the bell of the ball, in awe of that magical activity of the closing games.</p>

London has already said they are spending 15 BILLION less, than China did on the Olympics!!!!!!!! Because they are going to use their old places (like Wimbledon (sp?) for tennis etc.....instead of building new.....????? Plus, London seems so crowded.....China had a lot of land that London does not have.....</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Excatly. That's what I meant about the difference between Shawn and Nastia.

Nastia seems like she's all business, she went to the olympics expecting to get medals while of course Shawn expects it too, she's just happy to be there. The fact she stayed there till the very end, I like that. Nastia went home early to get her homecoming parade but I just really don't get it. You spend 4 years waiting for the Olympics, why do you leave early? The parade can wait?

I hope MP stays humble, he seems to have good enough foundation to stay humble like Tiger Woods, Federer, Jordan etc....

Comment

</p>

Are you ALWAYS laid back, and logical ???!!! This morning it was so comforting and relaxing to read your analysis and solution for the "Osi and Stray" CRISIS!!!!!!!!! The mb is ABSOLUTELY going nuts, for two days!!!! It is like mass hysteria.....fans cannot post enough, and cannot post fast enough.....</p>

I guess that is why you are a MOD????!!!!</p>

</p>[/quote]

I'd say most of the posters on this thread are logical and laid back. I guess that's why we group ourselves here? I am MOD but only during the season. I try to stay away from TAGF during the offseason because it's a zoo.... [:P] Glad you're here though because you fit right in.....

Comment

</p>

I know that the Kennedy's are the most screwed up family in America, and they have done some horrible things.......but I used to read every book that was published about them, watch every dvd about the family. I even got the catalogue from Sotheby's when they auctioned off all of that Kennedy stuff.....because I wanted to see the pictures of what Jackie's apartment looked like on the inside. (not really impressive, actually.) </p>

The one book that I did not like, was "Sins of the Father".....that dad, Joseph Kennedy, screwed anybody who would hold still...and even tried to seduce JFK's dates that he would bring home. The guy was weird.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Oh totally, that Kennedy family is huge....I watched something on History channel about them and yeah their papa smurf was a bit strange...that's probably why they were so hated and targeted because during that time, people "knew" them rather than us who just read about them in books...

Comment

</p>

Did you by any chance, read the Times Online article and comments, "Sex and the Olympic City" ?</p>

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4582421.ece</p>

It makes me LIVID how people keep calling Michael Phelps a "geek".......give the guy a break, already, he just won 8 Olympic Gold!!!!</p>

</p>[/quote]

Just read it now. That's too bad. I'm glad MP is comfortable in his own skin. The writer obviously isn't.

Speaking of being livid, did you see that Amanda Beard or whatever he name is interview?

When asked if they were seeing each other, she was like "ewww, MP? no way....just ewww"

First off you're not 10 years old, and you're not all that either just because you were on Playboy, they were just using you to make money, doesn't mean you're hot stuff....

Comment

Wow AG, you've been busy.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Wow AG, you've been busy.[/quote]

Just part of my morning routine when I come into the office.

Check email and Giants MB.... []

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Wow AG, you've been busy.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah but did you check your inbox here? My daughter's homework assignment yesterday was to watch the Dem Natl Convention. ...... we put it on in her room []

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Wow AG, you've been busy.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah but did you check your inbox here? My daughter's homework assignment yesterday was to watch the Dem Natl Convention. ...... we put it on in her room [][/quote]

Yeah, I just responded. I watch a bit of the DNC too, not all of it...

At the end with is daughters talking, it was cute for 10 seconds until the little one kept interrupting while Obama was trying to make his statement and end the show....

I thought Michelle should have taken the mic from her but she didn't, I found that odd...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

I thought Michelle should have taken the mic from her but she didn't, I found that odd...
                            [/quote]Michelle = Hillary in 1992. The Dems completely remade Hillary so she would appeal to a broader "fan base". Michelle has gone from despising her country to "wonderful Ms. Barry Obama."

Comment

</P>

Brandon jacobs uncle shot and killed himself....it is in the "Hey Guys" thread. Sucks....BIG TIME.</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

</p>

Brandon jacobs uncle shot and killed himself....it is in the "Hey Guys" thread. Sucks....BIG TIME.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

What??? Let me check it out...

Comment

Working...
                                X