Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian Giant for HC

</P>

Nancy Pelosi had the prettiest 1947 silk prom dress, on at the podium, during the roll call....I am going to call the DNC and see if I can find out where she bought it......[:|][:|][:|]</P>

Did you watch the segment on Michael Phelps mom, on the evening news???!!! I am such a wimp...I almost cried through the whole thing!!! She is the most stellar, awesome mom that I have ever seen. They showed her back at her school, working with the kids, it was awesome. </P>

Apparently, she has come into some money. She did the Johnson and Johnson commercial, (which is adorable) and now she is going to have her own clothing line with Chico's. However, she is going to stay in her job, not because it is her profession, but because it is her "passion."</P>

MORE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Michael Phelps is going to open the SNL season!!! AND, he has a 1.6 million dollar book deal!!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

HUGE thread.

Comment

</P>

HOLY COW that DNC crowd is hyped up on an overdose of Red Bull to the MAX!!!</P>

Bill Clinton had to ask them to sit down, like 5 times......I loved it when he said, "come on now, we have to get this show on the ROAD!!!"</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

Nancy Pelosi had the prettiest 1947 silk prom dress, on at the podium, during the roll call....I am going to call the DNC and see if I can find out where she bought it......[:|][:|][:|]</p>

Did you watch the segment on Michael Phelps mom, on the evening news???!!! I am such a wimp...I almost cried through the whole thing!!! She is the most stellar, awesome mom that I have ever seen. They showed her back at her school, working with the kids, it was awesome. </p>

Apparently, she has come into some money. She did the Johnson and Johnson commercial, (which is adorable) and now she is going to have her own clothing line with Chico's. However, she is going to stay in her job, not because it is her profession, but because it is her "passion."</p>

MORE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Michael Phelps is going to open the SNL season!!! AND, he has a 1.6 million dollar book deal!!!!!</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

I missed it!! I was too busy watching the Yankees get DESTROYED!!!

I also missed Bill Clinton's speech too!! I missed everything!! Damn!!!!

I hope the money doesn't get into her mom's head....over time, who knows.....

I am definitley going to watch SNL, I have not watched that in YEARS but I will for MP..

Last time I watched it Peyton Manning was hosting the show!

Comment

MJ, what do you think of this? Why would McCain who is supposed to be one of the "boys"
            in the military, not want to support his "boys"?

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">According
            to Republican Presidential nominee Senator John McCain, if you are not
            a veteran, you have no right to an opinion about veteran’s affairs. </span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;"></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">Here’s
            the story. On May 22, 2008, the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly approved a
            landmark increase in college aid to veterans of the wars in Iraq and
            Afghanistan. Senator McCain, however, sided with President Bush who
            has promised to veto the legislation which was authored by Virginia
            Democratic Senator Jim Webb. But the 75-22 margin, more than the
            two-thirds majority needed to override a veto, suggests an easy
            override of the President’s wishes.</span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;"></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">On
            the Senate floor, Democrat Presidential candidate Barack Obama
            respectfully disagreed with McCain’s opposition to the Webb bill
            saying, “I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country. He is
            one of those heroes of which I speak. But I can’t understand why he
            would line up behind the President in his opposition to this G.I.
            bill.” The bill’s chief author is Senator Jim Webb who has a son
            serving in Iraq. Webb, like McCain, is a war hero who also served as
            secretary of the Navy under President Reagan.
            </span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;">
            <span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">
            </span></p>

Comment

</P>

AG......I found the most smokin' HOT NYG's pic, to use for my sig.....</P>

It is not easy to do tho' like an avatar. It is going to take me 15 days.</P>

Can you tell me in just 3 EASY steps....like A then B then C?</P>

I am computer stoooooooopid []</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

Bill did an amazing job speaking, not a huge shock. Then again after the Bush era even a two year old can seem capable of speaking properly.

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

I think it's now safe to say that she isn't telling the truth:</P>

</P>

<SPAN id=intelliTXT itxtvisited="1" _extended="true"></SPAN></P>
                  <P itxtvisited="1" _extended="true"><STRONG itxtvisited="1" _extended="true">Results taken from air samples reveal that a body was decomposing in the trunk of a car driven by the mother of missing Florida toddler Caylee Anthony, a local TV station reported.[/b]</P>
                  <P itxtvisited="1" _extended="true">Detectives with cadaver dogs said they detected the smell of human decomposition coming from the trunk of the Pontiac Casey Anthony was driving when her little girl disappeared more than two months ago.</P>
                  <P itxtvisited="1" _extended="true">The University of Tennessee "Body Farm" conducted the tests on the car's air samples Aug. 10, and on Wednesday their conclusion was released: a human corpse had been decomposing there, according to WESH-2 TV.</P>

[/quote]

I wonder how those guys feel now that they bailed her out of jail....she is scum....and so are they...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

This story makes me sick......she is not only scum, she is a sociopath of the worst kind.</P>

</P>

Comment

How could anyone hurt an innocent child.....Cruel world sometimes make our sports problems look like nothing compared to something like that.

Comment

[quote user="n420p69"]Bill did an amazing job speaking, not a huge shock. Then again after the Bush era even a two year old can seem capable of speaking properly.
                      [/quote]</P>

But the entire DNC is such a HUGE fake!!!! It is all HIGH DRAMA and Hollywood.</P>

The Dem's admitted that the lobbyists paid for this huge party....because no one else could afford to foot the bill.</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="n420p69"]How could anyone hurt an innocent child.....Cruel world sometimes make our sports problems look like nothing compared to something like that.
                        [/quote]</P>

Exactly......what that beautiful little girl had to endure in her short life, is just unimaginable.</P>

The grandma and grandpa need to be shot, for not having a clue where she was for 30 days, before she was even reported missing.....what dumba**es.</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

AG......I found the most smokin' HOT NYG's pic, to use for my sig.....</p>

It is not easy to do tho' like an avatar. It is going to take me 15 days.</p>

Can you tell me in just 3 EASY steps....like A then B then C?</p>

I am computer stoooooooopid []</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

What exactly are you looking to do? Do you know photoshop or have access to it?

If it's easy, it's probably easier for me to just do it real quick for you...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]MJ, what do you think of this? Why would McCain who is supposed to be one of the "boys"

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial">According to Republican Presidential nominee Senator John McCain, if you are not a veteran, you have no right to an opinion about veteran’s affairs. </SPAN></P>
                            <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN></P>
                            <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Here’s the story. On May 22, 2008, the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly approved a landmark increase in college aid to veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Senator McCain, however, sided with President Bush who has promised to veto the legislation which was authored by Virginia Democratic Senator Jim Webb. But the 75-22 margin, more than the two-thirds majority needed to override a veto, suggests an easy override of the President’s wishes.</SPAN></P>
                            <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN></P>
                            <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial">On the Senate floor, Democrat Presidential candidate Barack Obama respectfully disagreed with McCain’s opposition to the Webb bill saying, “I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country. He is one of those heroes of which I speak. But I can’t understand why he would line up behind the President in his opposition to this G.I. bill.” The bill’s chief author is Senator Jim Webb who has a son serving in Iraq. Webb, like McCain, is a war hero who also served as secretary of the Navy under President Reagan.
                            </SPAN></P>
                            <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt">
                            <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN></P>
                            <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-FAMILY: Arial">
                            </SPAN></P>

[/quote] Because it will kill retention. The mid to senior levels of the military are those that actually make it work, it's not guys like me, its the E-5s to E8s that make it work.... here's from Military.com</P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>But the military, initially expected by most to support the measure, is quickly forming an opposition. The main failure of the bill, critics argue, is that it will place an enormous strain on an already thinly stretched force, as those who have served their 36 months might take off to pursue their degree. While recruiting would be improved because of the benefits, retention would likely plummet, and the cost of training new recruits would be significant. Some even suspect that this bill is an underhanded attempt to end the war in Iraq by overextending the military’s budget to the point where it cannot continue to fight overseas. Webb failed to deny this consequence, simply stating that the bill will help soldiers transition to civilian life and benefit those who do not wish to make a career in the military. While individual soldiers would benefit, America’s armed forces would ultimately be impaired.

There are several major differences between the new bill and the WWII GI Bill that are crucial to the success of and impact on military operations. Most importantly, the original bill was passed after the war was over and troops had returned home. It was intended to deal with an onslaught of young men in the labor force and keep the economy afloat in order to circumvent another 1930s-style economic decline. Finally, it was meant to reward those who had lost economic opportunities while serving, many due to conscription. By ignoring these specificities, the new bill will not have the same positive impact.

While almost everyone agrees that we as Americans are forever indebted to our veterans and that they are certainly deserving of generous benefits, a bill that does this at the cost of bringing our military to its knees is simply not worthwhile. Regardless of opinion on our country’s current military engagements, bleeding the armed forces to death in the name of veteran benefits is not the way to solve the debate.</FONT></P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]MJ, what do you think of this? Why would McCain who is supposed to be one of the "boys"

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">According to Republican Presidential nominee Senator John McCain, if you are not a veteran, you have no right to an opinion about veteran’s affairs. </span></p>
                              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">Here’s the story. On May 22, 2008, the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly approved a landmark increase in college aid to veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Senator McCain, however, sided with President Bush who has promised to veto the legislation which was authored by Virginia Democratic Senator Jim Webb. But the 75-22 margin, more than the two-thirds majority needed to override a veto, suggests an easy override of the President’s wishes.</span></p>
                              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">On the Senate floor, Democrat Presidential candidate Barack Obama respectfully disagreed with McCain’s opposition to the Webb bill saying, “I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country. He is one of those heroes of which I speak. But I can’t understand why he would line up behind the President in his opposition to this G.I. bill.” The bill’s chief author is Senator Jim Webb who has a son serving in Iraq. Webb, like McCain, is a war hero who also served as secretary of the Navy under President Reagan.
                              </span></p>
                              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;">
                              <span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;"></span></p>
                              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial;">
                              </span></p>

[/quote] Because it will kill retention. The mid to senior levels of the military are those that actually make it work, it's not guys like me, its the E-5s to E8s that make it work.... here's from Military.com</p>

<font face="Arial" size="2">But the military, initially expected by most to support the measure, is quickly forming an opposition. The main failure of the bill, critics argue, is that it will place an enormous strain on an already thinly stretched force, as those who have served their 36 months might take off to pursue their degree. While recruiting would be improved because of the benefits, retention would likely plummet, and the cost of training new recruits would be significant. Some even suspect that this bill is an underhanded attempt to end the war in Iraq by overextending the military’s budget to the point where it cannot continue to fight overseas. Webb failed to deny this consequence, simply stating that the bill will help soldiers transition to civilian life and benefit those who do not wish to make a career in the military. While individual soldiers would benefit, America’s armed forces would ultimately be impaired.

There are several major differences between the new bill and the WWII GI Bill that are crucial to the success of and impact on military operations. Most importantly, the original bill was passed after the war was over and troops had returned home. It was intended to deal with an onslaught of young men in the labor force and keep the economy afloat in order to circumvent another 1930s-style economic decline. Finally, it was meant to reward those who had lost economic opportunities while serving, many due to conscription. By ignoring these specificities, the new bill will not have the same positive impact.

While almost everyone agrees that we as Americans are forever indebted to our veterans and that they are certainly deserving of generous benefits, a bill that does this at the cost of bringing our military to its knees is simply not worthwhile. Regardless of opinion on our country’s current military engagements, bleeding the armed forces to death in the name of veteran benefits is not the way to solve the debate.</font></p>[/quote]

Thank you, there's always two sides to every story. There had to be a reason he didn't pass the bill...

It's too bad that I don't have the time and most people to research what people are saying and how it can be done properly...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</P>

AG......I found the most smokin' HOT NYG's pic, to use for my sig.....</P>

It is not easy to do tho' like an avatar. It is going to take me 15 days.</P>

Can you tell me in just 3 EASY steps....like A then B then C?</P>

I am computer stoooooooopid []</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]

What exactly are you looking to do? Do you know photoshop or have access to it?

If it's easy, it's probably easier for me to just do it real quick for you...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

You are awesome!!! Photoshop!!!!!!!!!!!! No way!!! I was lucky to get my avatar in the right place! I just want to put a pic that I found on Giants.com, into that box where it says "sig"....but you can't cut and paste like you do with pics into a post. To get your pic into avatar, you click on that little box, but there is not a little box for the sig......sorry,I am computer r*tarded....[:|]</P>

My man, Mikie, was just on the Today Show!!! He is starting a program with VISA, called "Play Every Day." It is a program to help kids feel safe in the water. He is getting in the pool this afternoon, to work with some kids. (I am going to find out where the pool is, and jump in that water!)</P>

MP met Tiger Woods yesterday, and told him that he played golf for the first time, and that, "it was not pretty!"</P>

You know how MP always had Lil Wayne on his IPod, before every race? Now, Lil Wayne is going to play on SNL when MP hosts!!!!! Is that cool, or what!!!!! Sure helps Lil Wayne to get some pub!!!!</P>

MP has not even gotten home yet!!! He just arrived on US soil yesterday from London, and now he is in New York!(New York!!!???? OMG....AG, run over to NBC studies, and give him a big hug for me!!!)</P>

He told Meredith, that all he wanted to do when he got back on American soil, was eat a big cheese burger. He still had the same old faded jeans on, no socks, loafers, and a VISA shirt with the 5 Olympic rings.....love it!!!</P>

</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X