Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="SEC105"]

Exactly what I was thinking. How did that pilot keep it in one piece? Thank God those passengers had a man like him. Reminds meof the 14th street bridge crash years ago down Washington DC............with a much better outcome. Automated pilots? What could these airlines be thinking?</p>[/quote]
    14th steet is a completely different scenario. The river was frozen most died of exposure. What the airlines are thinking is that 95% of aircraft accidents are human error.
    [/quote]

Yes!!! I believe I read that in the article as well....I just think it's a terrible idea to go pilot-less..

I'm sure there will always be a "pilot" but as time goes on, the "pilot" will get more and more watered down. Experience won't be that much of a factor as long as he can pilot the craft if there's an error. But you will need experience if there's a major issue. I just don't like the idea whatsoever....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="SEC105"]

Exactly what I was thinking. How did that pilot keep it in one piece? Thank God those passengers had a man like him. Reminds meof the 14th street bridge crash years ago down Washington DC............with a much better outcome. Automated pilots? What could these airlines be thinking?</p>[/quote]
      14th steet is a completely different scenario. The river was frozen most died of exposure. What the airlines are thinking is that 95% of aircraft accidents are human error.
      [/quote]

Yes!!! I believe I read that in the article as well....I just think it's a terrible idea to go pilot-less..

I'm sure there will always be a "pilot" but as time goes on, the "pilot" will get more and more watered down. Experience won't be that much of a factor as long as he can pilot the craft if there's an error. But you will need experience if there's a major issue. I just don't like the idea whatsoever....

[/quote]It's already happened AG. Who do you think is flying your CRJ, RJ's etc?

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It's already happened AG. Who do you think is flying your CRJ, RJ's etc?
        [/quote]

I'm afraid I do not understand your pilot lingo...what is CRJ, RJ....

Comment

Hey JG, when are we gonna do the Championship Bragging Rights?

Comment

Wow it is FREEZING outside!!!

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_CRJ

There you go AG

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_CRJ

There you go AG
                [/quote]

Ok but what are you saying, these planes don't have pilots?

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Hey JG, when are we gonna do the Championship Bragging Rights?
                  [/quote]

Oh crap! I forgot all about that!
                  I'll get that up today

Comment

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Hey JG, when are we gonna do the Championship Bragging Rights?
                    [/quote]

I'll get that up today
                    [/quote]

haha, kinda hard to think about that after Sunday's debacle!!!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Hey JG, when are we gonna do the Championship Bragging Rights?
                      [/quote]

I'll get that up today
                      [/quote]

haha, kinda hard to think about that after Sunday's debacle!!!
                      [/quote]</P>

Ha ha. Yeah, I was about to do it, but then JG came back so...</P>

Comment

Ya know what would be funny?</P>

A noob signs up here and he/she's never read the boards before. That new poster comes over to Genreal Sports and sees this thread title.</P>

"What the hell is wrong with you people? Coughlin wins a SB, then he's one and done the next year and you guys want him out? Geeeeeeeeeez... what is with people today?"</P>

I really would laugh if that happened</P>

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Oh No
                          A US Airways jet crashed into the hudson river. Hope everyone is okay
                          [/quote]

yeah it seems like everyone is ok.....I wonder what happened...

I am watching all this unfold live on CNN...
                          [/quote]</P>

Geese in both engines is what I just heard taking off heading for Charlotte. The pilot seemed to have done a great job. Something like that puts things in perspective</P>

[/quote]

I'm amazed that the plane didn't fall apart when it hit the water?? Fast or slow, have you seen when planes hit the water? They pretty much evaporate....the pilots did a FANTASTIC job...

And the airlines actually were looking at "automated" pilots...yeah...no pilots!

[/quote]If you hit right it's not a problem. We've had a dozen or so successful ditches... here's a good story..
                          http://www.vpnavy.com/vp47ditch.html

and the sad one

http://www.vpnavy.com/vp9586.html

[/quote]</P>

Sad. Reminds me when i first got to my Navy squadron we lost one of our helos #470 in the Med. It was a tuff time for us and a huge investigation.</P>

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]

Ya know what would be funny?</p>

A noob signs up here and he/she's never read the boards before. That new poster comes over to Genreal Sports and sees this thread title.</p>

"What the hell is wrong with you people? Coughlin wins a SB, then he's one and done the next year and you guys want him out? Geeeeeeeeeez... what is with people today?"</p>

I really would laugh if that happened</p>[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised!! A lot of people go to GENERAL SPORTS and complain why we are talking about the Yankees/Mets or Knicks on a Giants MB!

Comment

[quote user="jeffgman"]

Sad. Reminds me when i first got to my Navy squadron we lost one of our helos #470 in the Med. It was a tuff time for us and a huge investigation.</p>[/quote]

Welcome to the thread....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]

Ya know what would be funny?</P>

A noob signs up here and he/she's never read the boards before. That new poster comes over to Genreal Sports and sees this thread title.</P>

"What the hell is wrong with you people? Coughlin wins a SB, then he's one and done the next year and you guys want him out? Geeeeeeeeeez... what is with people today?"</P>

I really would laugh if that happened</P>

[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised!! A lot of people go to GENERAL SPORTS and complain why we are talking about the Yankees/Mets or Knicks on a Giants MB!

[/quote]</P>

LOL... yeah I know. In the Yankees lineup thread, this one guy was like "We've got a big playoff game ahead against our big division rival. Who cares about baseball right now? Especially on the Giants MB?" and we were all like, dude, chill</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X