Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

Good news, the download will only be 2 days more []

Its an old upload but I got in contact with the original guy and he said he'll search for the dvd and reseed it for us bandy. should cut the time down to and hour.

I'm excited to watch this bad boy. The SB XXV one looks worth a click too []

Comment

Just watched the first half of SB XXI and it's a good thing there were no message boards back then. The game thread would have had people ripping on the defense something terrible. They have been marching on us something fierce and it's a good thing the Bronco's kicker and his barefoot sucked hard...misses from 24 and 34.

George Martin's Safety was pretty sweet though

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]Just watched the first half of SB XXI and it's a
        good thing there were no message boards back then. The game thread
        would have had people ripping on the defense something terrible. They
        have been marching on us something fierce and it's a good thing the
        Bronco's kicker and his barefoot sucked hard...misses from 24 and 34.

[/quote]

sounds like getting a tat...my first one hurt like a S.O.B

a few weeks went by and I'm like, I need another...then another.

the moral is, we often forget the pains we go through to accomplish
        something or get somewhere. we have this right now attitude and I think
        it has alot to do with all the insanity on the majority of these MBs.

the young guys/gals do not realize that Giants Football has ALWAYS been gritty and pains-taking.

It's like they expect the Giants to be the Patriots of a few years ago or even the Colts...

It''s nutty.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bansaw"]Just watched the first half of SB XXI and it's a good thing there were no message boards back then. The game thread would have had people ripping on the defense something terrible. They have been marching on us something fierce and it's a good thing the Bronco's kicker and his barefoot sucked hard...misses from 24 and 34.

[/quote]

the moral is, we often forget the pains we go through to accomplish something or get somewhere. we have this right now attitude and I think it has alot to do with all the insanity on the majority of these MBs.

the young guys/gals do not realize that Giants Football has ALWAYS been gritty and pains-taking.
          It's like they expect the Giants to be the Patriots of a few years ago or even the Colts...

It''s nutty.[/quote]</P>

agree GY'76. If you've persevered through the brutal stretch of the 60's and 70's you can appreciate how nice it is to at least have a contender these past years.</P>

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bansaw"]Just watched the first half of SB XXI and it's a
            good thing there were no message boards back then. The game thread
            would have had people ripping on the defense something terrible. They
            have been marching on us something fierce and it's a good thing the
            Bronco's kicker and his barefoot sucked hard...misses from 24 and 34.

[/quote]

the moral is, we often forget the pains we go through to accomplish
            something or get somewhere. we have this right now attitude and I think
            it has alot to do with all the insanity on the majority of these MBs.

It''s nutty.[/quote]the microwave society

no one can wait for anything...no more waiting for the stove to heat up your soup, or cooking a roast....heck cooking in general is a thing of the past. Why buy a starter home and fix it up and keep moving up the ladder like our parents did when you can start with that 2,800 sq/f house with the hottub and two car garage and high end appliances....we can make it barely fit your budget, I can't bother to earn it I need it now.

sigh...I saw a kid about 13 buying 4 large NOS energy drinks when I was getting gas yesterday...I nearly choked. Imagine being that young and getting hooked on those things...and when I criticized the teller and the system for allowing kids that age to buy them she said a couple days before she refused a 9 year old who was trying to buy one. 2012 might be a good thing imo lol

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bansaw"]Just watched the first half of SB XXI and it's a good thing there were no message boards back then. The game thread would have had people ripping on the defense something terrible. They have been marching on us something fierce and it's a good thing the Bronco's kicker and his barefoot sucked hard...misses from 24 and 34.

[/quote]

the moral is, we often forget the pains we go through to accomplish something or get somewhere. we have this right now attitude and I think it has alot to do with all the insanity on the majority of these MBs.

It''s nutty.[/quote]the microwave society

no one can wait for anything...no more waiting for the stove to heat up your soup, or cooking a roast....heck cooking in general is a thing of the past. Why buy a starter home and fix it up and keep moving up the ladder like our parents did when you can start with that 2,800 sq/f house with the hottub and two car garage and high end appliances....we can make it barely fit your budget, I can't bother to earn it I need it now.

sigh...I saw a kid about 13 buying 4 large NOS energy drinks when I was getting gas yesterday...I nearly choked. Imagine being that young and getting hooked on those things...and when I criticized the teller and the system for allowing kids that age to buy them she said a couple days before she refused a 9 year old who was trying to buy one. 2012 might be a good thing imo lol
              [/quote]</P>

Our microwave has been operating sporadically... sometimes it sounds like it's working, but doesn't heat a thing. My 16 year old grand daughter was stumped... "What should I do, Pop-pop?"</P>

"Hon, there are directions on the package for using the stove. Read them."</P>

She looked at me like I was an alien, and chose to eat something that didn't need heating.</P>

Comment

someone better call the Orkin man for TAGF...all the ****roaches should come crawling out this week.

but goddamn Eli has made some terrible reads the last two weeks....can't believe he forced that last one with Nicks wide open underneath for a good 10.

Oh well sloppy sloppy in all aspects and it was still in reach.....

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]someone better call the Orkin man for TAGF...all the ****roaches should come crawling out this week.

but
                  goddamn Eli has made some terrible reads the last two weeks....can't
                  believe he forced that last one with Nicks wide open underneath for a
                  good 10.

Oh well sloppy sloppy in all aspects and it was still in reach.....
                  [/quote]

dude, as happy as I should be with the Yanks getting their 40th AL Pennant, I'm actually bummed out.

something doesn't seem right with the Giants. Even my wife picked up on it.

It's like after that drubbing from the Stains, their spirit is gone, or their morale is tanked.

to me, it's Ross, Philips, Canty &amp; Boley missing. It's WRs dropping
                  passes that were easy TDs (Mario), it's rookie linemen hurting us with
                  poor discipline and focus....

but a L is a L and we are 5-2 now...still north of .500 but just.

Comment

I'm not sure about our gameplan. I dunno why we keep airing it out, we have a junior receiving corps but a pretty experienced run game. Right now, we are a middle of the pack team. Definitely not the division leader.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]I'm not sure about our gameplan. I dunno why we keep airing it out, we have a junior receiving corps but a pretty experienced run game. Right now, we are a middle of the pack team. Definitely not the division leader.
                      [/quote]
                      yeah, sadly I agree. The team also seems flat, not thirsty to win.
                      I think the Stains really did us a number mentally.

the receivers can't drop easy passes like that...but I'm not letting Eli off so easy either. that last pick was totally his fault.

back to basics I say, back to run first, control the clock and playaction passes.

also canty, ross, boley and philips being out of action has taken more of a toll then i care to admit and collinsworthless made one, just one, good comment last night.

Plaxico, love him or hate him, would have come up big with at least half the pass plays we saw fail the last 2 weeks.

Philly and San Diego don't make it any better either...I hope on the other side of the Bye this team figures out their Direction.

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]I'm not sure about our gameplan. I dunno why we keep airing it out, we have a junior receiving corps but a pretty experienced run game. Right now, we are a middle of the pack team. Definitely not the division leader.
                        [/quote]

the receivers can't drop easy passes like that...but I'm not letting Eli off so easy either. that last pick was totally his fault.

back to basics I say, back to run first, control the clock and playaction passes.

also canty, ross, boley and philips being out of action has taken more of a toll then i care to admit and collinsworthless made one, just one, good comment last night.

Plaxico, love him or hate him, would have come up big with at least half the pass plays we saw fail the last 2 weeks.

Philly and San Diego don't make it any better either...I hope on the other side of the Bye this team figures out their Direction.
                        [/quote]

Yeah this is my feeling too. You see glimpses of how good they can really be. But then they just fall flat. It's like there is something missing. Something that they all had before. Don't get me wrong, they still make some fantastic plays.

Boss's catch at the end with that hard hard hit was amazing. Unfortunately Bradshaw fumbled it away making that catch pointless....

Steve Smith still makes amazing catches as well. I don't want the whole team to rely on these guys making great catches to get us out of a funk though...

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]the microwave society

[/quote]

That's pretty side. The new generation kids are all narcissistic too if you haven't noticed.

There is no more earning your way up. It's all, "me me me, I don't have time for this, just give it to me, don't you know who I am"? attitude. Of course not ALL kids are like this but the majority yes.

I read an article awhile back how marriage is going to get worse because kids in their early 20's get married for very wrong reasons, and that not only are they not mature enough, but they are too much about themselves to even know how marriage works and the work it takes to maintain one.

If you're all about yourself, how can you adapt to your significant other? Most weddings are "look at me, look at me!" anyways....

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

</p>

Our microwave has been operating sporadically... sometimes it sounds like it's working, but doesn't heat a thing. My 16 year old grand daughter was stumped... "What should I do, Pop-pop?"</p>

"Hon, there are directions on the package for using the stove. Read them."</p>

She looked at me like I was an alien, and chose to eat something that didn't need heating.</p>[/quote]

I've been on a mission to learn how to cook. All types, asian, italian etc....

I consider myself semi young, semi old and I can tell you almost all the females I know my age don't know how to cook. I talk about this with a buddy of mine and he's noticed it too. Of course you can't go back to the 1950's because you know those feminist groups would throw a major fit, but at least women back then WANTED to cook, wanted to know how to be female.

Nowadays, they are just like guys. Other then their feminine aspects, they can be jerks, (still don't know how to drive a car though) and just don't seem to have the etiquette they used to.

Most of my female friends are married with some young ones. I ask them what they cook for dinner. And it's almost all the same answers, "uhhh macaroni and cheese...uhhh....McD's.....uhhh eggs..."

You also have the indirect effect of feminist groups that want women equal in the workplace, by focusing on their careers (nothing wrong with that) something has to give, and that is that motherly charm that you need when raising kids, or being there for them, not for your career....

Comment

Here is what I am thinking if I am a DC getting ready to play the Giants.

1) they have no real threat to catch passes out of the backfield so we can blitz a lot

2) they have a great running game so lets stack up the line and play man coverage on their mediocre WRs, and force them to beat us with the pass.

3) they rarely throw screen passes so we can blitz a lot

4) they are good for a few delay of game penalties a game so lets confuse them at the line

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]I'm not sure about our gameplan. I dunno why we keep airing it out, we have a junior receiving corps but a pretty experienced run game. Right now, we are a middle of the pack team. Definitely not the division leader.
                                [/quote]

[/quote]
                                Those two are the big ones. I think Phillips and Butler being gone IMHO CC is much worse than Butler. I'm still not sure why we keep going for the home run passes, especially when the receiver is covered! Brandon was having his best game last night and I think I only saw him rush four times in the fourth quarter. Hell we had 2 timeouts still and time on the clock in Arizona territory and still were forcing the ball downfield (and it looked like Nicks was open underneath moving to the sideline).

Comment

Working...
                                X