• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

SEC105, check your inbox......

Comment

If you have 12 minutes, this is a pretty funny clip from Jon Stewart regarding CNN. It's the October 12th show. You have to get passed the annoying 30 second commercial they show in the beginning, but he basically pokes fun at CNN's fact checking.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...net-napolitano

BTW: Here are the ratings for all the news networks Monday(Nov 2). Anything highlighted in <font color="#0000ff">BIG BLUE BOLD</font> has the highest ratings. You can "fact check" yourself here as well as previous ratings.
      I hate to say it but the Foxnews numbers DWARF everyone else by a mile...

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

The 643 rating at 5PM is Glenn Beck. Who came from CNN. I think CNN wouldn't have mind to keep Glenn Beck and have that 643 rating for themselves....too bad...
      Can't wait to see Stossel's numbers......

Total day: <font color="#0000ff">FNC: 379</font> | CNN: 130 | MSNBC: 122 | HLN: 146

Prime: <font color="#0000ff">FNC: 619</font> | CNN: 152 | MSNBC: 254 | HLN: 209

<table><tbody><tr><td width="45" align="CENTER"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      <td width="45"></td>
      </tr>

<tr><td align="CENTER"></td>
      <td>5p:</td>
      <td>6p:</td>
      <td>7p:</td>
      <td>8p:</td>
      <td>9p:</td>
      <td>10p:</td>
      <td>11p:</td>
      </tr>

<tr><td colspan="8" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="1"></td></tr>

<tr><td>FNC</td>
      <td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Beck:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Baier:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Shep:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">O'Reilly:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Hannity:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Greta:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">O'Reilly:</span>
      </td></tr>
      <tr><td></td>
      <td><font color="#0000ff">
      </font></td><td><font color="#0000ff">
      </font></td></tr>
      <tr><td colspan="8" bgcolor="#eeeeee" height="1"></td></tr>

<tr><td>CNN</td>
      <td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Blitzer:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Blitzer:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Dobbs:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Brown:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">King:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Cooper:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Cooper:</span>
      </td></tr>
      <tr><td></td>
      <td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td></tr>

<tr><td>MSNBC</td>
      <td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Matthews:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">EdShow:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Matthews:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Olbermann:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Maddow:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Olbermann:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Maddow:</span>
      </td></tr>
      <tr><td></td>
      <td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td></tr>

<tr><td>HLN</td>
      <td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Prime:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Prime:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Issues:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Grace:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Behar:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Grace:</span>
      </td><td>
      <span style="font-size: 8px;">Showbiz:</span>
      </td></tr>
      <tr><td></td>
      <td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td><td>
      </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"] AG seems very well informed on this issue and Moore. He has mentioned to take MMs view points with a grain of salt...... whats that old saying about extremes..............MM vs Stossel as example....the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle , something like that[/quote]

This is very true. Which is why it's important that no matter what side you feel you're on, it's good to do a little background work. I know which side I prefer, but it still doesn't blind me from making sure it's the right decision.

Also, you have to realize, you can't compare Canada to USA. You have to look at the ratio of people in the U.S. and doctors to the ratio of Canadians to doctors. The US has 307 million people. Canada has 30 million.

NYC alone is 1/3 the population of CANADA!!! So it's a bit more managable when your population is less.

Now, let's take this further and open your eyes a bit. So some Canadians like their healthcare system, that's fine, I respect that. (bansaw)

With 307 million Americans, do we limit baby births? Nope....so we stand here all high and mighty that we believe in the freedom to create babies right?

We belittle China for controlling newborns to 1 child per family. But China has 1.5BILLION people.
        Not 307 million, but 1.5 billion.....

I would love to see America with 1.5 billion citizens, now tell me if you won't see a new law passed to control births!!!

So what I'm getting at is you have to look at each countries own issues and situation.....

[/quote]</P>

well the Idiots up here can'tmanage the system either, frigginglyers and theives, but the system does work. if the only thing that can be complained about is the amount of time waited let those see bill for a MRI , they'll change there tune real quick.. lol</P>

from what i do hearthey'd like to get the 40 some odd millioncovered right?soyou could compare it and run it like Canada's system..and just hope you avoid the theives andlyers.. </P>

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]SEC105, check your inbox......
          [/quote]
          Thanks AG got it please check yours when you get a chance

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"] AG seems very well informed on this issue and Moore. He has mentioned to take MMs view points with a grain of salt...... whats that old saying about extremes..............MM vs Stossel as example....the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle , something like that[/quote]

This is very true. Which is why it's important that no matter what side you feel you're on, it's good to do a little background work. I know which side I prefer, but it still doesn't blind me from making sure it's the right decision.

Also, you have to realize, you can't compare Canada to USA. You have to look at the ratio of people in the U.S. and doctors to the ratio of Canadians to doctors. The US has 307 million people. Canada has 30 million.

NYC alone is 1/3 the population of CANADA!!! So it's a bit more managable when your population is less.

Now, let's take this further and open your eyes a bit. So some Canadians like their healthcare system, that's fine, I respect that. (bansaw)

With 307 million Americans, do we limit baby births? Nope....so we stand here all high and mighty that we believe in the freedom to create babies right?

We belittle China for controlling newborns to 1 child per family. But China has 1.5BILLION people.
            Not 307 million, but 1.5 billion.....

I would love to see America with 1.5 billion citizens, now tell me if you won't see a new law passed to control births!!!

So what I'm getting at is you have to look at each countries own issues and situation.....

[/quote]</P>

well the Idiots up here can't*manage the system either, frigging*lyers and theives, but the system does work. if the only thing that can be complained about is the amount of time waited let those see* bill for a MRI , they'll change there tune real quick.. lol</P>

from what i do hear*they'd like to get the 40 some odd million*covered right?*so*you could compare it and run it like Canada's system..and just hope you avoid the theives and*lyers.. *</P>[/quote]
            Bandy just how do we go about avoiding lyers and thieves? That may be the sticking point down here lol

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

well the Idiots up here can'tmanage the system either, frigginglyers and theives, but the system does work. if the only thing that can be complained about is the amount of time waited let those see bill for a MRI , they'll change there tune real quick.. lol</p>

from what i do hearthey'd like to get the 40 some odd millioncovered right?soyou could compare it and run it like Canada's system..and just hope you avoid the theives andlyers.. </p>[/quote]

I think we can all agree that no matter what system is being used, there will always be theives and lyers. It's a system runned by humans and therefore, I guess you can say it will always be flawed!

You know, I would be a much more proponent of a national h/c system if our own gov't were considered the same class. But they get preferential treatment. That hypocrisy is what bothers me. I'm not against the President and VP getting preferential treatment, I think they are important enough, but everyone else in Washington, should get in line like every other person, THEN, I would begin to consider this kind of system, only because now they are voting on a bill that would directly affect them and their families.

No more of this, "Hey I know 100 people have swine flu, but so does my daughter, I really need you to treat her first before lunch time...you can do that right doctor? wink wink..."

doctor - "no pal, get in line like everyone else"

mr senator - "Oh come on! I only voted for this bill 'cause my seat was at stake! I needed the votes! Don't get so technical, just treat her!"

doctor - "no, seriously, I can't. I need a ticket number first. That number gets applied to the new medical system, then it prints out what I'm supose to do for your daughter. So you see, even if I wanted to, I have paperwork that I can't bypass. Surely you understand? You voted for the bill..."

Comment

Congrats to Chris Christie, now there is some hope for New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!</P>

I knew he could beat this democratic machine.</P>

Comment

[quote user="GiantFanInSJ"]

Congrats to Chris Christie, now there is some hope for New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!</p>

I knew he could beat this democratic machine.</p>[/quote]

It was quite a conservative sweep last night....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

well the Idiots up here can'tmanage the system either, frigginglyers and theives, but the system does work. if the only thing that can be complained about is the amount of time waited let those see bill for a MRI , they'll change there tune real quick.. lol</P>

from what i do hearthey'd like to get the 40 some odd millioncovered right?soyou could compare it and run it like Canada's system..and just hope you avoid the theives andlyers.. </P>

[/quote]

I think we can all agree that no matter what system is being used, there will always be theives and lyers. It's a system runned by humans and therefore, I guess you can say it will always be flawed!

You know, I would be a much more proponent of a national h/c system if our own gov't were considered the same class. But they get preferential treatment. That hypocrisy is what bothers me. I'm not against the President and VP getting preferential treatment, I think they are important enough, but everyone else in Washington, should get in line like every other person, THEN, I would begin to consider this kind of system, only because now they are voting on a bill that would directly affect them and their families.

No more of this, "Hey I know 100 people have swine flu, but so does my daughter, I really need you to treat her first before lunch time...you can do that right doctor? wink wink..."

mr senator - "Oh come on! I only voted for this bill 'cause my seat was at stake! I needed the votes! Don't get so technical, just treat her!"

doctor - "no, seriously, I can't. I need a ticket number first. That number gets applied to the new medical system, then it prints out what I'm supose to do for your daughter. So you see, even if I wanted to, I have paperwork that I can't bypass. Surely you understand? You voted for the bill..."

[/quote]</P>

lol... that's the way it should be</P>

Amen</P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

lol... that's the way it should be</P>

Amen</P>

[/quote]you think thats bad what issad is when a Hockey team and family sneak in and get vac.. its good to know people in high places i guess.. </P>

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]anybody on BBI?

I might be looking for a new Giants board, wondered what that one's all about

[/quote]

I did (BigBlueCollar)....however, I am kind of leery...I think it was BB4417 (?) that said that they treat you like a "Window Licker" over "there" if you admit to coming from "here".

It's all stupid to me...like anything else in life, IF you can improve the conditions , then improve them.

i.e. If the NYG MB is unfavorable due to the influx of Know-It alls, Trolls etc, then pick and choose what you will respond to or go to Oasis like this one or the Thee Thread...

What if all hell breaks lose there? what then? A self-created yahoo MB for only your "buddies"?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bansaw"]anybody on BBI?

[/quote]

I did (BigBlueCollar)....however, I am kind of leery...I think it was BB4417 (?) that said that they treat you like a "Window Licker" over "there" if you admit to coming from "here".

It's all stupid to me...like anything else in life, IF you can improve the conditions , then improve them.

i.e. If the NYG MB is unfavorable due to the influx of Know-It alls, Trolls etc, then pick and choose what you will respond to or go to Oasis like this one or the Thee Thread...

What if all hell breaks lose there? what then? A self-created yahoo MB for only your "buddies"?
                          [/quote]</P>

I don't like the sound of being treated like a "window licker" lol I'll take my chances on this MB for time being. There's plenty of good stuff here if you're willing to tread through some of the nonsense that shows up.............the crazy stuff on here is not a big deal to me but I can see howit may upset some others</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I don't like the sound of being treated like a "window licker" lol I'll take my chances on this MB for time being. There's plenty of good stuff here if you're willing to tread through some of the nonsense that shows up.............the crazy stuff on here is not a big deal to me but I can see howit may upset some others</p>[/quote]

yeah if you peek in, it's pretty similar to here.
                            Eli sucks, real fans vs bandwagoners, Fire TC, Gilbride this, Sheridan that, Tuck these and Osi those [:S]

same food, different restaurant

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I don't like the sound of being treated like a "window licker" lol I'll take my chances on this MB for time being. There's plenty of good stuff here if you're willing to tread through some of the nonsense that shows up.............the crazy stuff on here is not a big deal to me but I can see howit may upset some others</P>

[/quote]

yeah if you peek in, it's pretty similar to here.
                              Eli sucks, real fans vs bandwagoners, Fire TC, Gilbride this, Sheridan that, Tuck these and Osi those [:S]

same food, different restaurant
                              [/quote]</P>

Never peeked intbh. So what makes them so high and mighty as to treat members from herelike "window lickers"? If 4417 came up with that term he deserves credit.........that is funny</P>

Comment

he didn't my Drill Sergeant did (from Buffalo, NY BtW)....

Comment

Working...
                                X