Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="mjg407"]Wow,
    watching a show on history..... scary thinking some of the seals may have been broken from revelations.......
    [/quote]just keep a plane on hand and touch down in Brantford on your way to get AG and JG. Bandwgn can get on at the same time

thanks mjg, counting on ya
    [/quote]
    I'll hold onto my Mini-14 and 870 mag to hold off the masses as well.
    [/quote]oh man this is getting exciting. I'll wear my Giants gear to avoid getting shot.
    Going to get intense near NY ... better get a pontoon plane [:O]

Comment

Oh no I missed History channel last night! What will I do without my daily doom and gloom!!

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]View from the building...

[/quote]</p>

Thanks, BB... cool pics.</p>

I'd like to see the view on a clearer day. That can't be smog...can it? </p>

ProbablyDust in the Wind.</p>[/quote]
        I would think so. You can sure see a long way though. Makes those other buildings look really small. lol

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</p>

Thanks, BB... cool pics.</p>

I'd like to see the view on a clearer day. That can't be smog...can it? </p>

ProbablyDust in the Wind.</p>[/quote]
          I would think so. You can sure see a long way though. Makes those other buildings look really small. lol
          [/quote]

Would like to know how long it would take a penny to hit the ground from the top!

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</P>

Thanks, BB... cool pics.</P>

I'd like to see the view on a clearer day. That can't be smog...can it? </P>

ProbablyDust in the Wind.</P>

[/quote]
            [/quote]

Would like to know how long it would take a penny to hit the ground from the top!

[/quote]</P>

The formula is: S = 1/2 g t 2 (That's t squared)</P>

S = 2087</P>

g = 32</P>

Plugging them in... it will take 11.4 seconds to reach ground zero</P>

Comment

Feel bad for the guy that gets hit with that penny.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

The formula is: S = 1/2 g t 2 (That's t squared)</p>

S = 2087</p>

g = 32</p>

Plugging them in... it will take 11.4 seconds to reach ground zero</p>[/quote]

Thanks for doing the math. That's quite some time....I wonder if the penny builds up and velocity as it's falling. What happens to the penny when it hits concrete?

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Feel bad for the guy that gets hit with that penny.
                  [/quote]

It probably won't kill you, but it would probably hurt.. Maybe leave a bruise? Especially if it hits you on the edge of the coin instead of flat...

Comment

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_you_thr...hit_the_ground</P>

Off the Empire State Building it takes 8.34 seconds for the penny to hit........... Off course you still musttake terminal velocity in account [] At anyrate thats 3 seconds less than that building in Dubai</P>

Have not checked out yet what happens to somebody if the coin hits ya. Perhaps someone is more up on this than I lol</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_you_thr...hit_the_ground</p>

Off the Empire State Building it takes 8.34 seconds for the penny to hit........... Off course you still musttake terminal velocity in account [] At anyrate thats 3 seconds less than that building in Dubai</p>

Have not checked out yet what happens to somebody if the coin hits ya. Perhaps someone is more up on this than I lol</p>[/quote]http://tafkac.org/science/penny_falling_impact.html

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Feel bad for the guy that gets hit with that penny.
                        [/quote]

It probably won't kill you, but it would probably hurt.. Maybe leave a bruise? Especially if it hits you on the edge of the coin instead of flat...
                        [/quote]
                        It would kill your for sure.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Feel bad for the guy that gets hit with that penny.
                          [/quote]

[/quote]
                          [/quote]lol I take it you didn't read my link....

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Feel bad for the guy that gets hit with that penny.
                            [/quote]

[/quote]
                            [/quote]
                            I did read it but I guess I got confused.

<font color="#0000ff">&gt;But everyone knows that a penny dropped from the Empire State Building

&gt;will kill someone 'cause they also put 6" holes in the sidewalks upon

&gt;impact.</font>

</p>

As I posted earlier, we drop coins and such to evaluate the safety
                            aspects of them hitting someone at the bottom of our shaft. Coins
                            tumble and quickly reach terminal velocity. <font color="#000080">After a 450 fall, they
                            bounce nicely, but that's it. They don't bend or anything. We
                            can't even find a mark on them.
                            </font></p>

I suck. lol []
                            </p>

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Feel bad for the guy that gets hit with that penny.
                              [/quote]

[/quote]
                              [/quote]
                              Jeezzzz................Doesn't 4417 know anything about "terminal velocity"????? Whats the matter with him LOL Next he's going to say whats the "Pythagorean Theorem" jk

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]Jeezzzz................Doesn't 4417 know anything about "terminal velocity"????? Whats the matter with him LOL [/quote]
                                Gosh, I saw the movie ok guys. Give me a break.

Comment

Working...
                                X