Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

Canada - U.S.A final was the most watched broadcast in Canadian television history. 16.6 million

<font size="4">or 1/2 the POPULATION</font> LOL []

Comment

According to NBC, the game drew an average viewership of 27.6
      million and a rating of 15.2, a jump of 45.5 percent from the same
      matchup at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games. Both gold-medal games were
      aired mid-afternoon live.</p>

From 5:30 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET, the audience reached its peak, with 34.8 million glued to the TV.</p>

</p>

The game, carried in Canada on nine national networks and in eight
      languages, became the most-watched television broadcast in Canadian
      history. An average of 16.6 million Canadians, or about half of the
      nation's population, tuned in.</p>

And about 80 percent of the population, or 26.5 million people, watched at least part of the game. </p>

Comment

One second after Crosby scored the Richter scale measured 9.5 all across Canada.</P>

Obama was alerted andpromised to send relief... patience, it will be coming</P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

One second after Crosby scored the Richter scale measured 9.5 all across Canada.</p>

Obama was alerted andpromised to send relief... patience, it will be coming</p>[/quote]so after this Chilean earthquake I started wondering if the Mayan calander doesn't predict the end of the entire planet...maybe it predicts a massive earthquake that sends the Mayan area into the sea?

Don't spend all the retirement money just yet guys and gals []

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

One second after Crosby scored the Richter scale measured 9.5 all across Canada.</p>

Obama was alerted andpromised to send relief... patience, it will be coming</p>[/quote]so after this Chilean earthquake I started wondering if the Mayan calander doesn't predict the end of the entire planet...maybe it predicts a massive earthquake that sends the Mayan area into the sea?

Don't spend all the retirement money just yet guys and gals []

Comment

Hey all,
              Just heading back from my visit. My Mom is an incredible woman....... she went to work today! She starts radiation this week, and chemo in a few, when the chemo starts, I plan on returning. Thanks again for everyone's wishes and prayers.

Comment

you already know that this Thread is here for you to vent.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey all,
                  Just heading back from my visit. My Mom is an incredible woman....... she went to work today! She starts radiation this week, and chemo in a few, when the chemo starts, I plan on returning. Thanks again for everyone's wishes and prayers.
                  [/quote]</P>

Work??? This soon? Amazing. Truly. </P>

Chemo and radiation zap the red blood cells. My wife started to take them together and then they had to stop the chemo because of it. Then she had 2 transfusions to get good blood in her. Have her get some iron pills... Her oncologist will know.</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

One second after Crosby scored[/quote]</p>

</p>

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"] []

[/quote]
                      I didn't even see you posted that when I put my article there. lol

Comment

[/quote]Oh man, I know how stressful it is, my mom had cancer twice (she's fine now) and it was real rough on me.... I wish you and your Mom the best and u know she'll be in our prayers
                        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

The Queen Charlotte Islands are where its at, so laid back, beautiful ferry rides...we had a pod of killer whale off the port bow when we were there last. And the drive up to Whistler...and Whistler itself are god's country
                          pop into Toronto and we'll all meet....get bandy and CDN out too

[/quote]As much as I make my seemingly endless Canadian jokes, Im really a big fan of your country..... Hell Ive been a hockey player my whole life, how could I NOT love Canada. I always wanted to see more of the country, unfortunatley Ive only been to Montreal for a few hockey tournaments and was overwhelmed by how nice and clean that city was.... I always wanted to see some of Ontario and of course visit the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto

.... But I must say Vancouver looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</p>

Work??? This soon? Amazing. Truly. </p>

Chemo and radiation zap the red blood cells. My wife started to take them together and then they had to stop the chemo because of it. Then she had 2 transfusions to get good blood in her. Have her get some iron pills... Her oncologist will know.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Wow that is truly amazing. There is no way I would go to work!! Everyone deals with issues differently though and I'm sure her coworkers will be extremely supportive....I'm sure she was very appreciative of you to be able to come over in such a short notice with your busy schedule....

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

The Queen Charlotte Islands are where its at, so laid back, beautiful ferry rides...we had a pod of killer whale off the port bow when we were there last. And the drive up to Whistler...and Whistler itself are god's country

[/quote]

I read up on this just the other day. But I guess all cities have their issues. There's no perfect city and all the locals will be upset that for 2 weeks their schedules will be changed. I read that vancouver asked their locals to leave if possible for 2 weeks is that true? And that any locals staying couldn't keep their cars parked and couldn't even drive on the roads as basically the entire city belonged to the olympics and their athlete for 2 weeks.....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bansaw"]I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

[/quote]

I read up on this just the other day. But I guess all cities have their issues. There's no perfect city and all the locals will be upset that for 2 weeks their schedules will be changed. I read that vancouver asked their locals to leave if possible for 2 weeks is that true? And that any locals staying couldn't keep their cars parked and couldn't even drive on the roads as basically the entire city belonged to the olympics and their athlete for 2 weeks.....

[/quote]
                                before Brazil won the upcoming Summer Olympics....most chicagoans, like me [:S], absolutely HATED, HATED, HATED the idea of hosting the Olympics.

one reason for example was any Costs that exceeded the projected numbers would be paid for by us via additional TAXES.

another item, shutting down the Loop which is the downtown sector. The Loop is basically mid-town and south Manhattan in terms of companies, businesses, traffic, CTA etc.

In spite of an increase in city-wide revenue, we also had to stomach an influx of visitors in just about every other phase of life.

the Politicians are the ones who push hard for such "inconveniences" in spite of what the People feel or say.

PS
                                there were a few Public Interest groups who did support the Olympics here, they even launched a Campaign to entice many of us to get aboard.

the day the Olympics were awarded to Brazil, there was NOT one person I worked with who expressed sadness. quite the opposite.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X