Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

Some of us still post .....periodically

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]...Now
      the dust has settles, veterans of this thread are long gone. You guys
      are the last men standing. Holding up the fort..... Us remaining members
      will be the captains going down with the ship....

[:P]

[/quote]

blub-blub

[quote user="mjg407"]Some of us still post .....periodically[/quote]

Hope you are doing well during your somewhat challenging times....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Thanks!

And yes, yes they did. The Ticats are my second favorite team, and I was really hoping for Kevin Glenn to get another shot at the Grey cup this year.

Comment

Thanks GY. It's tough to see your parents age, even tougher when they do it in a month. Extended care facilities are really depressing. She's coping and making Slow progress, but I don't know if she will ever be the same.

Comment

[quote user="razorsedge"]Thanks! And yes, yes they did. The Ticats are my second favorite team, and I was really hoping for Kevin Glenn to get another shot at the Grey cup this year.[/quote]not sureKG'sgot it in him.. 2 years in a row he's tanked.. [:@]</P>

technically i've been boycotting the NHL (definitely been boycoting the Leafs) but i've been peeking in on the Oils this year.. i have a total mancrush on Eberle[]</P>

Comment

</P>

Could someone pull that jet stream back north. Thought it was cold on Long Island this morning. But it was 21 degrees in Myrtle Beach S.C. and almost as cold in Florida........wind was whipping @ Giants Stadium Sunday</P>

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="razorsedge"]Thanks! And yes, yes they did. The Ticats are my second favorite team, and I was really hoping for Kevin Glenn to get another shot at the Grey cup this year.[/quote]not sure*KG's*got it in him.. 2 years in a row he's tanked.. [:@]</P>

technically i've been boycotting the NHL (definitely been boycoting the Leafs) but i've been peeking in on the Oils this year.. i have a total mancrush on Eberle[]</P>[/quote]

Glenn got a raw deal in Winnipeg, so I hope to see him succeed.

Yeah, being an old Winnipeg Jets fan, I'm a little pissed at how the NHL's been run lately. Especially with the snubbing of Hamilton and now Winnipeg.

Oilers are my team, since I live just outside Edmonton. Yep, Eberle and Hall keep me interested.

Comment

This confirms what I already knew ..............cruise ships to Antarcticaare much less fun than the Caribbean ones []</P>

http://jalopnik.com/5710216/damaged-...tarctic-waters</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

This confirms what I already knew ..............cruise ships to Antarcticaare much less fun than the Caribbean ones []</P>

http://jalopnik.com/5710216/damaged-...tarctic-waters</P>

[/quote]</P>

Finally watched this, SEC. That wouldn't be my idea of a fun cruise. Give me Caribbean waters. One good thing... 160 passengers... you could probably upgrade to a really nice room for free... lots of empties.</P>

Comment

Anyone here watch America, the Story about us? Interesting series.....They had a marathon yesterday that I missed..... It was such a different America back in the days....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone here watch America, the Story about us? Interesting series.....They had a marathon yesterday that I missed..... It was such a different America back in the days....
                        [/quote]was Mike Moore involved in making it? i'd buy that if he waslol

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone here watch America, the Story about us? Interesting series.....They had a marathon yesterday that I missed..... It was such a different America back in the days....
                          [/quote]was Mike Moore involved in making it? i'd buy that if he waslol[/quote]</P>

http://www.history.com/shows/america...ktown#yorktown</P>

Have not seen it but it looks intersting....maybe they have it "On Demand" on cablevision</P>

Oh .......and Micheal Moore did not have mitts in this one lol not up his alley!</P>

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-2oTR4Nq3A</P>

The Jets should have fired this coach first thing this morning imo.....what do think?</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-2oTR4Nq3A</p>

The Jets should have fired this coach first thing this morning imo.....what do think?</p>[/quote]

IDK, it showed very poor judgment and sportsmanship, but everyone does something stupid from time to time. If he is otherwise an exemplary employee, I'd say suspend him, fine him or whatever diciplanary is team policy for random act of stupidity and give him a another chance. If he has shown a history of actions like this or he his an otherwise poor employee, then yes fire him.

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="SEC105"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-2oTR4Nq3A</P>

The Jets should have fired this coach first thing this morning imo.....what do think?</P>

[/quote]

IDK, it showed very poor judgment and sportsmanship, but everyone does something stupid from time to time. If he is otherwise an exemplary employee, I'd say suspend him, fine him or whatever diciplanary is team policy for random act of stupidity and give him a another chance. If he has shown a history of actions like this or he his an otherwise poor employee, then yes fire him.
                                [/quote]</P>

Agree with you, jm. That's not something you plan. He made that decision a nanosecond before he acted. Incredibly stupid, but I'll leave it to the Jets to decise his fate.</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X